Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss Scrabooking Storage/Room Ideas in the Disneyana forums; A quick explanation - we've been living in this house for almost 3 years and one of the greatest things about it is that it has (ok had) a finished ...
    cinderellamom is offline B-Ticket Holder

Scrabooking Storage/Room Ideas

A quick explanation - we've been living in this house for almost 3 years and one of the greatest things about it is that it has (ok had) a finished basment with 3 rooms - one of which became my stamping/scrapping room. We rent the house so doing anything permanent in there was out of the question but I had a good system going - I had a 7 foot tall book case for all of my stamps and a local scrapbooking store went out of business and I got a wonderful paper holder for all my 8 1/2 x 11 paper. I had the wire cubes and small bookcases for my other things.

I'm speaking in past tense, because just about 3 weeks ago we had a Nor'Easter here in Connecticut and we awoke to 6 inches of water through out our ENTIRE basement. My bookcases, tables etc were ruined. The basement is no longer "finished". They've torn up all the floors and we're not sure that the landlord will be redoing it.

So, after all of my blabbing, on to my question/request - Does anyone have storage ideas for limited space? I'm trying to come up with ideas. Right now I have everything thrown into plastic bins in my dining room but it is so I can't use any thing. Does anyone have ideas about how I can store things and yet still be able to do "my thing"?
    All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. - Walt Disney

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Do you have a spare closet that you can turn in to a scrap area? I'm picturing your house in my head... Can you do something in the dining room? Is there space to set something up in the laundry room? Did the paper tower get ruined too?

Did the Yankees room get destroyed too?

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!
    Heather,
    If you have a space for an armoire or tv cabinet...( the kind with the pull out area for the tv can be your desktop). you can either just use to store things or use it to store and to work on the pull out area. Its great as you can hide everything in plain site. I use mine for storage since i like to have a larger work space i use it for storage along with every drawer in my dining room hutch and server and just work on that table. when I'm done it all goes away out of site.... The cricut and larger tools go in the bottom of the hutch as that would not fit in a drawer.

PS any news on the scrap weekend?

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Get "the tower"! I did.
    They call me "Nana"