Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss Playing with my new toy...QuicKuts Silhouette in the Disneyana forums; Here is a layout I made for my AAM album inspired by receiving my Silhouette in the mail yesterday! I used it to make the flower and the word "Fonts" ...
    nestinggal is offline D-Ticket Holder

Playing with my new toy...QuicKuts Silhouette

Here is a layout I made for my AAM album inspired by receiving my Silhouette in the mail yesterday! I used it to make the flower and the word "Fonts" with the Bookworm font.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Raelynn

August: 2009: 40th Birthday trip & Free Dining: Pop Century
    October 2006: 10th Anniversary/DS 1st trip: All Star Movies

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Have you ever used a Cricut and if so, which do you prefer? I personally LOVE the Cricut, much better than Sizzix.
    They call me "Nana"

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Silhouette by far. It hooks up to your computer and can cut any font you have on your computer. And you can buy shape files to cut and you can weld words.

It's so cool. It's on my wish list.

I have never used the Cricut personally, but I have seen it in action. I picked the Silhouette b/c of the whole font thing...like my layout says I have a passion for letters/titles. With the Cricut you can only use their cartridges, but with this you can use any TrueType font. There are a ton of places online that you can download fonts for free.

The machine came with 50 diecut images, plus the place I ordered from (Scrap-Mart) offered 20 free images.
    Raelynn

But I don't want to have to run downstairs, hook it up to my computer, and then run back upstairs to finish my layout. Then unhook it from the computer and put it away. I just want it to have its own little space in its own little place and live there forever and ever.
    They call me "Nana"

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    But I don't want to have to run downstairs, hook it up to my computer, and then run back upstairs to finish my layout. Then unhook it from the computer and put it away. I just want it to have its own little space in its own little place and live there forever and ever.
    Then the Cricut is the machine for you. Some people don't like to be attached to a computer to scrap. Mom has the cricut, so I use her's for now. I want the Silhouette, I have to wait until the make it work with a Mac (you can get it to work on a Mac now, but you have to use different programs and such) and I have a bigger space...with a scanner and two printers I'm pretty tight here.

I agree with April. It is not for everyone...especially the price tag. My scrapping space includes a computer (for listening to internet radio and doing journaling) so it works for me. Even if I go to a crop, I pre-plan my pages enough to know what my title will be.

For me, the Circut wasn't right b/c I don't do alot of diecuts on my layouts and it doesn't give me enough lettering options, althought the new cartridges that our coming out are really cute. I just don't think I would use them enough to justify the price.
    Raelynn

I saw a Cricut for $184 the other day. With the new one coming out I'm waiting to see if the price on the original model will go down any more.
    They call me "Nana"

Well if you happen to need a title before then, let me know. I have the Mickey and Walt font, plus about a hundred others.
    Raelynn