Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss Cricut? in the Disneyana forums; Someone please help me. I don't understand what this machine is at all. I was looking on Joann.com and found this: Provo Craft Cricut Personal Electronic Cutter Is this the ...
    Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...

Cricut?

Someone please help me. I don't understand what this machine is at all. I was looking on Joann.com and found this:

Provo Craft Cricut Personal Electronic Cutter

Is this the right machine to get or are there cheaper ones that do the same kind of thing. I have heard how great these machines are, and I have a 50% off coupon to Joanns and thought maybe it would be worth using it on one of these machines.

Are they easy to use?
    Also I noticed all these different cartridges, I don't get them, do you need all of them, or does it come with basic stuff. Any info or links would be greatly appreciated.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Katy, the Cricut is a great machine, but there are other's out there that do similar things. My personal favorite is the Wishblade. It just depends on what exactly you are looking for. With Cricut you do need to use their cartridges (and as you probably noticed, they are a little pricey). With Wishblade you can use fonts directly from your computer.

Just so you know...you cannot use a Joann's coupon on the Cricut. You actually cannot use coupons from any store on the Cricut. It is an agreement that Cricut has with the scrapbooking stores.

Come to the weekend scrapbooking meet with me in October (iwannabeminnie won't be able to make it cause she'll be on the cruise!) and you'll get to use one and see how you like it!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I like the Cricut, I love the Cricut. I want the Cricut.

Wal-Mart has them right now for $185. They put 15 of them out in my local store about 2 months ago. I always count them when I go in. There are still 15 of them. I haven't bought one yet because I figure if they put 15 out, still have 15, at some point they are going to want to clearance them. I'm a cheapskate.
    They call me "Nana"

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    your not cheap i do the same thing.. i wait and wait.. i want the Disney sewing man. and i keep waiting for walmart to clearance them... but they havent if they still had layway i would have done bought it
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    It just seems like complicated to use. I don't get the concept at all. I guess I will have to see one to know what to do with them.

I would really like to come Melissa, let me know when you have more details.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    I love my Cricut although I don't get to use it much. It's really not that complicated and if I can work it anyone can. April has
    used it but really wants the Silhouette. Our local Wal-Mart had it for $138.00 and some of the older cartridges for $40.00.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

nestinggal is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I saw the 2007 Wishblade on HSN yesterday. The machine is exactly the same as the Silhoutte (which I have) but it looks like the software to run it is different. One thing I noticed that the Wishblade can do is merge the letters (or images) together so they are touching each other and are cut together in one piece.

The big plus I see with the Cricut for a Disney scrapbooker is the disney lettering and image cartridges they offer.
    Raelynn

August: 2009: 40th Birthday trip & Free Dining: Pop Century
    October 2006: 10th Anniversary/DS 1st trip: All Star Movies

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I own a Sizzix and loved that until the Cricut came out and my sister got one for Christmas. My husband bought me one for St. Patricks Day and I have used it A LOT! I LOVE IT!!!! He picked mine up at Wal-Mart for 170.00. I have the font that came with it and 2 of the 4 Disney fonts. Those are currently running 60.00 each here at the Wal-Mart. We have bought several of the fonts at Michaels Crafts with the 40% coupons off. They also said it could be used on the Cricut but we already had the machine. My sister has a couple of other fonts that she loves and we trade cartridges often. For me with being a DVC member and always taking a lot of pictures, the Cricut was a great investment and timesaver when cropping my Disney pages or calendars!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    I FINALLY GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I got the Cricut EXPRESSIONS one, the BIG ONE!!!!

Im SOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!! I got it at AC Moores for $400 and it came with 4 cartridges. No disney ones yet, will hopefully wait for them to go on sale. Will be getting another cartridge on friday. i have done a few things with it so far and will try to post pictures soon. im really behind in the challenges. well i have been doing them, just not taking pictures and posting them. hope to catch up this weekend. im attending a friday nite crop every week now that my husband went to days (7 years in the making!). hope everyone is doing well in disney crop land!!!!
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

Quote Originally Posted by Nenny_Mouse View Post
    I FINALLY GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I got the Cricut EXPRESSIONS one, the BIG ONE!!!!

Im SOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!! I got it at AC Moores for $400 and it came with 4 cartridges. No disney ones yet, will hopefully wait for them to go on sale. Will be getting another cartridge on friday. i have done a few things with it so far and will try to post pictures soon. im really behind in the challenges. well i have been doing them, just not taking pictures and posting them. hope to catch up this weekend. im attending a friday nite crop every week now that my husband went to days (7 years in the making!). hope everyone is doing well in disney crop land!!!!
    Wahoo! Congrats! I haven't had the opportunity to use the new Expressions one. Can't wait to see your LO's that you used it for! I need a crop night. Our's schedule for October was cancelled...I think we need to find another date and a new location!

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    well if yur ever in western ny (aka buffalo or niagara falls) then please PM me and I'll take you to my crop! that invite is open to all DWT Scrapbookers!!!!

Will post my pics asap i promise!
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    What is wrong with the location? Why can't we just do it at your house? Or somewhere in Toledo? Why don't you find a place in Toledo? Wouldn't Toledo be nice?
    They call me "Nana"

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Now I know why I'm trying so hard NOT to get into scrap-booking; all the really good toys are expensive. And just like my embroidery machine (the one Chrissy wants) once you get into it, it just mushrooms. PS I like my Brother SE270 D, but if I knew then what I know now, I'd have bought an upgraded embroidery machine and invest in a Disney embroidery card. So, back to scapebooking....I guess my Mickey hole punch is just a start toward another habit?
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    My friend has the cricut and I love it. Its seems complicated but its not at all. I love all the cartridges and they just came out with a Disney one!

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    My wife has the Cricut and cannot imagine life without it. She has definitely gotten enough use out of it to justify the steep price tag. Plus, she has more than a dozen cartridges.

We are currently scouting for the two new Disney Princess cartridges that are listed on the Cricut Website.

Me being the computer geek that I am, find it fascinating. It's like a plotter printer that architects and drafters use, but has a tiny blade on it to cut things out of papers. All it needs is the ability to let you do your own designs.

Heck even Craftsman put in that ability for their very expensive version of this tool that carves out of wood, why cannot cricut. That would open a whole new world of design choices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast