Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss My first scrapbooking project! Any suggestions? in the Disneyana forums; I posted the main part of this in the RT thread but I thought I start a new thread here for suggestions on first time scrapbooking! I just got back ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Talking My first scrapbooking project! Any suggestions? UPDATED!!!

I posted the main part of this in the RT thread but I thought I start a new thread here for suggestions on first time scrapbooking!

I just got back from Michael's Craft store and I bought a Mickey Mouse Silhouette punch! Its so cute! they also had a mickey head one but I like the whole mickey. And I also bought a Disney World and Disney Land scrapbooking kit! it has rides from both DL and WDW and it has the princesses and Tinkerbell and of course Mickey and pals! Im excited about starting to scrapbook!

This will be my first REAL scrapbook project ever. I have only done a graduation one and that was just a book I had to fill in the blanks and stuff so it wasn't that envolved. So if anyone has any suggestions to me or anyone else new to scrapbooking please share with us, thanks!
    Last edited by lilo88; 10-10-2008 at 11:31 AM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle
    have fun with it Tiffany. Try and work with colours that complement each other and the photo(s) you intend to use on the page. Dont stick anything down until you have tried lots of different ways to put the items together and you'll soon get a feel for what works and what isnt the best. Make sure you post photos of any pages you do so we can compliment you (and borrow your ideas)
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    I don't know how to really scrapbook and I've never done one. Have fun with it and be sure to post pics! (Only if you want to, of course.)
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Thank you Fiona for your tips, I haven't thought about trying it out before pasting it down. I haven't started anything yet Im trying to deside it I want do a thing from all my trips and add on when I get back in Nov. I think thats what I will do.
    Thank you Adam, I will post pictures for everyone so you all can see my work and you all can get some ideas. I still have to get some paste and the other things for scrapbooking so I don't know when I will start.

I'll take pictures of the paper and the punch so everyone can see what they look like. Michael's also has disney embelishments like stickers and things like that so I will probably buy some of those to put in the book to. And I still have to buy an album to put all my pages in.
    Last edited by lilo88; 01-05-2008 at 06:20 PM.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    All I have to say is have fun with it.That is why I love to scrapbook because to me it is fun, it is like my therapy but it is really fun at the same time. Don't stop buying scrapbooking stuff at Michaels, that place is awesome!

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Thank you Nicki, I hope to go back soon to buy an album and some of the stickers, but I need to wait to I get the stuff for the Valentines swap and then I can spend to rest of my money on scrapbooking lol. I love Michaels!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

That place is awesome. My scrapbook buddy and real life BFF Galyssa(that is what I call her) told me about Michaels and we went for the first time today! Then I got my Cuttlekid!

"All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Michaels is the best around these parts as far as crafting and things. I used to go to Ben Franklin crafts but I like Michaels better!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    Tiffany, if you want some ideas, have a look at a UK craft site docrafts for inspirational card making, arts and craft ideas although docrafts is a product name, the website is a lot more than a shop, its more like a crafting community (the craft version of DWT), there are projects to view, members galleries where you can submit your work, chat areas etc.
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary

Thank you Fiona.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    I will be watching this thread v. closely as I will be doing my first scrapbook soon!!
    Fiona are there any good UK craft places that do Disney stuff or will I need to order online?

I think I will do my 2007 trip 8x8 scrapbook, Tiffany.

I can't wait to start my scrapbooking project. I hope to see some pictures of you two's scrapbooks sometime soon Taryn and Nicole! Im going to probably start getting together photos and stuff tomorrow or tuesday. Probably more tuesday than tomorrow because Im going to the doctor early in the morning with my mom and grandparents and then I have to give the doggy a bath. I have a few more questions tho,
    1. Do you paste photos and write a little caption beside them, telling people what it is?
    2 Do you paste the photos right to the page itself or on another color square and then paste that to the page?
    3. Is a scrapbook like a photo album with a story and stickers in it?
    thanks everyone!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

come on people please help me lol. Im kinda stuck, and I don't want to do anything before I know what Im doing.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Tiffany, dont worry so much, there are no fixed rules about what a scrapbook page should include. It can range from no words, one or two key words, a short sentence right the way up to a passage telling a lot of information, try and think of it as a way of recording memories. Photos can be stuck direct to a page, or mounted on another colour card, whatever looks good. And dont think that it should be limited to photos and stickers, let your memories go crazy, old tickets, reciepts of things you bought, leaflets, menus, maps, I even put some sand from a beach trip in a tiny clear bag and included that on a page!!!
    x FIONA x

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast