Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss New Disney Cricut Cartridge in the Disneyana forums; Calling all Cricut fans! Provo Craft is releasing a bunch of new cartridges like Wedding, Baseball, Indie Art and others. They are also releasing a Winnie the Pooh one and ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

New Disney Cricut Cartridge

Calling all Cricut fans!

Provo Craft is releasing a bunch of new cartridges like Wedding, Baseball, Indie Art and others. They are also releasing a Winnie the Pooh one and a Pooh font!

Here is a picture of what the cartridge will have on it. Look for in coming in the next month or so.

nestinggal is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Ok, as much as I love my Silhouette, these Disney cartridges give me Cricut envy.
    Raelynn

August: 2009: 40th Birthday trip & Free Dining: Pop Century
    October 2006: 10th Anniversary/DS 1st trip: All Star Movies

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    My friend just found a cricut Disney crown here. The woman in the shop was excited because Disney cricut products had just been released in the UK.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Yeah, I saw this about 3 weeks ago on the Cricut boards. I believe it's going to be released in at the beginning of March.

I will defintely be purchasing the Pooh cartridge with all the characters on it, but to be honest I'm not all that excited about the Pooh Font. I can use one of my other fonts and be just as happy and I'm not much of a fan of the "Disney Baby" characters.

Hopefully the next Disney cartridge they plan to release after Pooh will be either a Disney/Pixar one or.... one with characters from movies more suited for boys like Peter Pan! They are long overdue getting us a Tinkerbell!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    God, Melissa and I think so much alike it is positively frightening. Excuse me, I need to call my shrink.
    They call me "Nana"

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    God, Melissa and I think so much alike it is positively frightening. Excuse me, I need to call my shrink.
    Censoring will not allow me to type what I want to call you here!

Jenroc is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Are there any Cricut cartridge (or any other programs, for that matter) that can be purchased that has the fancy scroll fonts like the one used for the WDW title ???
    PS It was nice chatting with you and the others earlier this week !!!
    Can't wait to go back to my happy place !

All it takes is a little pixie dust...a true heart of a child...to enjoy the Happiest Place on Earth !
    Disneyland -- 1968, 1969 X 2, 1974, 1977, 1982, 1984 X2, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992 X 2, 2007 (Pirates Premier)
    Walt Disney World -- 1974, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979 X 2, 1980 X 2, 1981, 1982 X 2, 1983, 1999 (New Yr's Eve Celebrations), 2006 (Halloween Night), Nov./Dec. 2007

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenroc View Post
    Are there any Cricut cartridge (or any other programs, for that matter) that can be purchased that has the fancy scroll fonts like the one used for the WDW title ???
    PS It was nice chatting with you and the others earlier this week !!!
    The only systems out there that will let you cut the Disney font is an electronic die cutter. This requires a computer to operate. Some electronic die cutters are:

Wishblade - SRP: $449.99
    Silhouette - SRP: $369.99

Those two are the most popular, but there is also:
    Pazzles Creative Cutter
    Klic-n-kut
    Craft Robo
    There may be one or two more, but I am blanking on what they are called at the moment.

All these die cutters work with Windows based computers (though some have issues with Vista). Currently none are designed to work with a MAC (it's a conspiracy I tell you...but that is another thread.) but by installing patches and usually Adobe Illustrator will make it work.

The advantages of the electronic die cutters is you don’t have to buy anything discs or cartridges to get new fonts or images. The die cutters will cut just about any font installed on your computer or found on the internet. It will also cut images…each machine is different on what type of image file it will cut.

The disadvantages are cost for one…these little buggers are not cheap! They are also not the best at portability, since they need a computer to work.

IMHO if you were to invest in a electronic die cutter your best bet is the Silhouette. QuicKutz customer service is awesome and it seems to be the easiest to use.

A much cheaper option to get titles created with the Disney font is to print it out on cardstock and cut it out by hand…it’s a lot more work though.

I hope this helps!

GaTechGal is offline A-Ticket holder

Cutting out Disney Fonts on a Cricut

There is a piece of software called Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL for short) that will cut all your true type fonts out on your cricut. I've done the Walt script and it worked great. Same with the Minnie font. No need to get the Mickey Font cartridge from Provo Craft. Check out Craft Edge: Scrapbook Software to Cut True Type Fonts and Shapes with Cricut for more info.
    AKA as Techgal on VMK

Everybody neat and pretty? Then on with the show.:mickey: