Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss Scrapbooking Store in the Disneyana forums; Originally Posted by Fran98765 Remember, if you have an AP or Disney Visa, do your shopping at World of Disney for the discount! How about a chase disney card, you ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Fran98765 View Post
    Remember, if you have an AP or Disney Visa, do your shopping at World of Disney for the discount!
    How about a chase disney card, you know the one where you get rewards? my mom and dad have one. The only card I have is a ATM card lol
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    How about a chase disney card, you know the one where you get rewards? my mom and dad have one. The only card I have is a ATM card lol
    Chase Disney is the Disney visa card.

cool, lol
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Hi everyone! I'm a great fan of scrapbooking, and I'm heading to The World in November for the first time in 2 years! Woo-hoo!

At any rate, do the contents of this thread still pretty much hold true? I was really disappointed with WDW's scrapbooking offerings when I was last there in November 2006. I was hoping they'd have jumped on the scrapbooking bandwagon since then. I thought I'd check with you guys to see if I should hold off on my scrapbooking supply purchases until I was in WDW, or if should just grab them at my leisure locally, from craft stores.

Thanks!

Fran98765 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    The supplies at the World is basically the same. There are a few more themes then before, but essentially the same stuff, an album and mainly kits now... a boy kit, a princess kit, etc. Some sticker packs and a couple punches. The DTD scrapbook store has closed, so your only option is now in the parks, resort or other DTD stores. I usually try to buy anything at World of Disney for the AP/Visa discounts.

Your best bet is to get stuff at local stores and the major craft chains and online, you will find cuter stuff and better prices. I would peruse the shelves at your local stores to familiarize yourself with what is available before your trip and then you will know what sort of things you will want when you are at WDW. There are some celebration or yearly elements which won't be found elsewhere, so keep that in mind too.
    Fran's Scrapping Blog - see my layouts and find occasional freebies!
    1977 Offsite / 1993 Offsite / 2000 POFQ & Disney Magic / 2004 Coronado Springs / 2005 All Star Sports / 2006 January Wilderness Lodge / 2006 September Pop Century / 2007 Pop Century / 2008 June Wilderness Lodge / 2008 September Pop Century / 2009 July All Star Sports

TeachLuvsDisney is offline A-Ticket holder
    So, the Wonderful World of Memories has closed? When did that happen? We were there in July and it was open.

Although I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't a larger selection, I did find a few things there that I hadn't seen other places. I'm disappointed to hear that they closed. I hand't seen that on any posts.

So, did the merchandise from WWoM get moved to WWoD?
    "If somebody could show me just a bit of kindness, a friendly 'hello' or even a smile..."
    '72 Off-site; '98 Off-site; 08 AKV; 09 BCV or BV

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I was down in Oct. 2006 & found my scrapbooking package at the Memories Store But, now I that I know you get a discount at the World of Disney that will be even better. Thanks.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    What the store closed? This is the first I am hearing about it. It's still listed on the Disney website.
    Last edited by Stitch; 10-25-2008 at 01:04 PM.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Passporter's newsletter this week had a bit that the Scrapbooking store had closed and will reopen later this Fall as a Hanes Design Your Own Tee shop.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    Passporter's newsletter this week had a bit that the Scrapbooking store had closed and will reopen later this Fall as a Hanes Design Your Own Tee shop.
    That's funny, all the previous press made it sound like the Hanes Design Your Own Tee Shop was going to show up in the area that used to be occupied by Pleasure Island.

My wife is going to be devastated. We were just there in September and there was no sign it was shutting down
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

Mini-V said the otherday that they are building a bigger store on the end of the Art of Disney Store and they will have scrapbooking stuff in there. And the CM told her it would be 3-4 more weeks before it opened. I hope it is going to be a scrapbooking store and that it will be open when I'm down in the middle of November.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Thanks for your replies everyone! I had heard that they closed Wonderful World of Memories, which was a shame. I liked that store. (Do you guys remember when they used to track the countries that their customers came from on a white board behind the check-out counter?)

It'd be great if they did open a store specifically for scrapbooking - I'm sure it'd be a gold mine for them. Here's hoping that, if that's what they're building, it'll be open between November 7th and 14th!

Jamie77 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I saw a lot of neat stuff at the Mercantile at the Wilderness Lodge. I can't wait to look around that store again.

I was so happy to see that the Wonderful World of Memories had opened while I was down there! It's a right neat shop!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    I was so happy to see that the Wonderful World of Memories had opened while I was down there! It's a right neat shop!
    I thought they were turning that area into a create a tshirt shop?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast