Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss Scrapbooking Store in the Disneyana forums; Does Disney World have a Scrapbooking Store, I thought I heard that they did somewhere. Does anyone know? Thanks for the help!...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Question Scrapbooking Store

Does Disney World have a Scrapbooking Store, I thought I heard that they did somewhere. Does anyone know? Thanks for the help!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Yes they do. It is in DTD and it's called Disney's Wonderful World of Memories. But IMHO the selection is pretty bad and you can pretty much find anything that you can purchase there elsewhere on property.

Thank you Melissa!!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    The items you bought from the Laughing Place are a lot of what Disney's Wonderful World of Memories sells.

Cool, thanks! I hope to get some 2008 logo things if we go in November.
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    Cool, thanks! I hope to get some 2008 logo things if we go in November.
    You can find that kind of stuff in The Emporium on Main Street.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I went out of my way last trip to find the scrapbooking store and was greatly disappointed. I had visions of rows upon rows of Disney scrapbooking supplies. There was nothing there that I hadn't already seen in the gift shop of our resort.
    They call me "Nana"

Fran98765 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    We stayed at Pop last time and they had everything in the gift shop there that you could get at the scrapbook store. Don't make a special trip to visit it.
    Fran's Scrapping Blog - see my layouts and find occasional freebies!
    1977 Offsite / 1993 Offsite / 2000 POFQ & Disney Magic / 2004 Coronado Springs / 2005 All Star Sports / 2006 January Wilderness Lodge / 2006 September Pop Century / 2007 Pop Century / 2008 June Wilderness Lodge / 2008 September Pop Century / 2009 July All Star Sports

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I'm glad I read this thread... good to know I don't need to make the special trip. I'm assuming if Pop had the same stuff that ASMo will too?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    I went out of my way last trip to find the scrapbooking store and was greatly disappointed. I had visions of rows upon rows of Disney scrapbooking supplies. There was nothing there that I hadn't already seen in the gift shop of our resort.
    My wife is an avid scrapper as well. We don't go out of our way to go to Downtown Disney because we seem to always be near there (Adventurer's Club, Earl of Sandwich, and Ghiridelli always seem to be on the agenda)

I usually get dragged along to the Scrapbooking store. I was rather unimpressed as well considering what I'm used to seeing at our local scrapbook stores that are huge facilities.

The silver lining, for me, is that it shares a building with the Art of Disney (aka tons of stuff I cannot afford)

My wife has found that the Scrapbook store is a great place to go if you want to wait and pick up all your stuff at one time as opposed to cherry picking it as you wander the stores.

But, she has also found that Animal Kingdom seems to hold some scrapbooking treasures that you cannot find anywhere else
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

I seem to remember seeing some scrapbooking stuff in the World of Disney as well.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I seem to remember seeing some scrapbooking stuff in the World of Disney as well.
    THere is definitely some scrapbooking supplies at The World of Disney and most of the stores (i.e. Emporium, MouseGear, etc)
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    You can find that kind of stuff in The Emporium on Main Street.
    okay thank you for the tip
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie View Post
    I'd probably just go to look and see what they had
    Quote Originally Posted by Fran98765 View Post
    We stayed at Pop last time and they had everything in the gift shop there that you could get at the scrapbook store. Don't make a special trip to visit it.
    We always go to DTD anyway so it wouldn't be out of the way really
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I'm glad I read this thread... good to know I don't need to make the special trip. I'm assuming if Pop had the same stuff that ASMo will too?
    If they do Jenn let me know, were staying there to
    Quote Originally Posted by harra View Post
    But, she has also found that Animal Kingdom seems to hold some scrapbooking treasures that you cannot find anywhere else
    Thanks for all the advice everyone. I will have to spend more time in AK to look around in the stores
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Fran98765 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Remember, if you have an AP or Disney Visa, do your shopping at World of Disney for the discount!
    Fran's Scrapping Blog - see my layouts and find occasional freebies!
    1977 Offsite / 1993 Offsite / 2000 POFQ & Disney Magic / 2004 Coronado Springs / 2005 All Star Sports / 2006 January Wilderness Lodge / 2006 September Pop Century / 2007 Pop Century / 2008 June Wilderness Lodge / 2008 September Pop Century / 2009 July All Star Sports

Ironically I just submitted my app for the Disney Visa. I figure if I can get one before our trip I'll use the discount... now that we don't have APs anymore.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast