Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss Scrapbook Forum Changes in the Disneyana forums; Life is a funny, funny thing isn’t it? What seems like a great idea one day becomes a real burden the next. With that, I’m going to announce some changes ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

Scrapbook Forum Changes

Life is a funny, funny thing isn’t it? What seems like a great idea one day becomes a real burden the next. With that, I’m going to announce some changes to the scrapbooking forums.

Challenges
    When I started the challenges, my intent was to post them with a deadline & a theme so that you had an idea starter and push to complete a layout. Then if anyone needed inspiration on a theme they could go to the thread that covered it. As we all know life gets in the way and since this is not a dedicated scrapbooking site the challenges never really worked like they were meant to. So I have decided to stop doing them and come up with a different way to share layouts that still keeps them organized. This way if someone was looking for ideas on a topic they could easily find them.

Note: This change does not apply to Disneydreamer98’s color challenge. It’s up to her if she chooses to continue them. I do know that Goofygirl’s card challenge will be ending.

Here is what is going to happen. The “Challenge” subforum will be renamed “Inspiration Gallery” as soon as Lou can change it for me. Inside the gallery there will be a thread for all the major attractions, the resorts, the major holidays, all card giving occasions and so on. Any current challenge that can be converted over to a gallery thread will have the titled changed. All other challenges (there won’t be too many left) will be moved to the main scrapbooking forum. I will start posting gallery themes this weekend and converting over the challenge titles. As I edit a challenge thread I will correct all the broken image links if needed. I’m going to try and not post a million threads at once so not to flood the boards, but I will be posting the topics often. Once a topic is posted feel free to start sharing the layouts! Post old, new, digital, paper, anything you want as long as it relates to the topic of the thread! Cards themes will be separate from layout themes.

My hopes are by stopping the challenges, it’ll free up some of my time to write how-tos, articles, and *gasp* maybe even scrapbook!

And on to something NEW and fun!

Swaps
    Scrapbook Swaps will now be permitted on DWT! After speaking with Lou and seeing the success of Minnie’s travels & Vixen’s swaps, I think we should be able to do this with no issues. I’ll have posted a thread with the how-to and rules in the next day or so here (link). I ask that you please follow the below format for swaps. I have done a lot of research on how to run them and the way I ask you to do them works the best in terms of dealing with flakers, personal information and shipping costs. I will be posting a swap in the next few days, so you can all get a feel for how they are going to work if you have never participated in one.
    Last edited by Stitch; 05-23-2008 at 11:57 PM. Reason: I'm too tired to spell correctly.

I'm excited April and I think this will be a great thing! Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to the Scrapbooking challenges in the past! I for one really enjoyed them!

Are you going to continue to do the color challenges?

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    Are you going to continue to do the color challenges?
    I'm going to say no if you and Janet are no longer doing your challenges. I really love the idea of the Inspiration gallery!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    I'm going to say no if you and Janet are no longer doing your challenges. I really love the idea of the Inspiration gallery!
    I think the gallery will work better for the site. I'm going to do a handy index thread (like the challenge recap) for easy links to all the themes.