Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss Cuttlebug Machine ? in the Disneyana forums; Okay I'm thinking about getting a Cuttlebug but would like to know more about it before I put out 80.00 plus dollars on one . What does it do? What ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Question Cuttlebug Machine ?

Okay I'm thinking about getting a Cuttlebug but would like to know more about it before I put out 80.00 plus dollars on one.

What does it do?

What do you think of it?

Those are just some of the questions that I have but I'm leaving the rest open to you all. I would like to know if it is easy to use and would it be a good investment for my scrapbooking projects. Just tell me anything I should know about or you think I should know. Thanks for any help!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

I have one. I wouldn't, nor did I pay $80 for it. I waited until Michael's had a 50% off coupon and bought it then. It can be used to emboss or cut with dies. All of the embossing folders and dies for the machine are purchased separately from the actual Cuttlebug.

I personally use mine more for cards than I do for my scrapbooking, but I have been getting some good ideas lately that I plan trying out on my LO's as well.

I've only had mine for a few months and I'm sure the more I use it, the more I will want to use it. It is very simple to use.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I agree with Melissa. Do not pay full price for it or any of the dies. They go on sale for 40% off all the time. I like the Cuttlebug because it can cut any system dies, not just the CB ones. That helps you get more use out of it. It easy to use once you get the plate orders figured out. I still have to look at the manual for the order because I can never remember it.

I like the Disney dies they have out.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Two of my friends have cuttlebug machines and use them a lot for making cards. From my observation, it's one of those "toys" where the more you use it, the more you want to invest in the dies for them (the blocks that cut out the pieces). The cost of the machine is just the start. Definitely use a coupon and search out the best price. They seem to be made of plastic and in watching it being used, it doesn't seem to be very sturdy - but that's from an observational perspective - not a user perspective.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    It is plastic, but it is very sturdy. Like V said the machine is just the 1st cost. You then have to buy all the dies and every now and then you have to buy cutting mats, but the mats last a long time depending on use.

It is very heavy and sturdy for it's compact size.

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Thank you all. I like how they say you can use all the dies from different machines. Until I see a coupon I'm going to buy a cutting mat with a blade and some chip board to make my own embellishments. I made some last night just cutting them out of card paper, they turn out pretty good. I hope to get the mat and blade this saturday.

Thanks again for all the advice and tips.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View