Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss Digiscrapping: Why or why not? in the Disneyana forums; Since Fran told me that not many (if any) folks over here are into digiscrapping, I'm curious now. If you like it, why? If you don't like it, why not? ...
    Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder

Question Digiscrapping: Why or why not?

Since Fran told me that not many (if any) folks over here are into digiscrapping, I'm curious now. If you like it, why? If you don't like it, why not?

I like digiscrapping mainly becuase I live in a very small place and it was always a real pain to get out all my stuff and spread it out on the table so I could see what I have and such. With digiscrapping (and a good search function on my computer) all I have to do is type in something like "ribbon" and my computer shows me all the ribbons I have and I can pick what I want to use. And cleanup is easy-peasy... just hit the off button. I also like the fact that with my laptop and my EHD, I can take my whole scrapping collection with me wherever I go.

So that's why I love digiscrapping. How about you?
    Hypermommy

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I have yet to try it but honestly I just don't see me getting that into it... which is ironic being that I'm such a techy. Actually maybe that's exactly why... because I AM a techy. I want my SB to be more of a true "scrap" book. I want the feel of the papers and the 3D effects I can create on my own by layering them. I think too, since I do practically everything else on the computer, I have a sense of accomplishment with the "manual" scrapping that I wouldn't get otherwise.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I do both and I prefer the paper style better. I like to be able to feel what I am working on and I like fabric & texture & the working with my hands. I think I'm a little like Jenn in I am a tech and spend so much time on a computer that I like the excuse to get away from it.

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    I started buying before digiscrapping really became an option and I have so much scrapbooking "stuff" that I have to use first before I try it. Of course stitch will tell you that I have more than I can use in my lifetime so that means never.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Could the two be combined. Do the page and photos on the computer then the embellishments manually?
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    There are a lot of people that do Hybrid scrapping, I guess you can say I do. All my photos and text is done on a computer first then printed, but in the end I prefer to stick it all together and put in a book.

It's just a personal preference...neither way is right or wrong.

Fran98765 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    There are many different levels of hybrid. Some do very little on the computer, text, photos, etc. And other do most of the layout on the computer and put a few embellies on, maybe glitter or a ribbon, or bow, etc. Some do 50/50 and so forth.

A big trend in digital is making layouts to fit the odd shaped chipboard books and the letters (bracket, tags, etc). Designers have made templates of these things, then you add in pics and so forth and print, then mod podge them on and add any other embellies you want too.
    Fran's Scrapping Blog - see my layouts and find occasional freebies!
    1977 Offsite / 1993 Offsite / 2000 POFQ & Disney Magic / 2004 Coronado Springs / 2005 All Star Sports / 2006 January Wilderness Lodge / 2006 September Pop Century / 2007 Pop Century / 2008 June Wilderness Lodge / 2008 September Pop Century / 2009 July All Star Sports

TeachLuvsDisney is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I have yet to try it but honestly I just don't see me getting that into it... which is ironic being that I'm such a techy. Actually maybe that's exactly why... because I AM a techy. I want my SB to be more of a true "scrap" book. I want the feel of the papers and the 3D effects I can create on my own by layering them. I think too, since I do practically everything else on the computer, I have a sense of accomplishment with the "manual" scrapping that I wouldn't get otherwise.

That's so funny because I feel the exact same way. I'm very techy too but the extent of the technology in my scrapbooking is downloading Disney fonts and printing a few titles for my pages. Otherwise I want the sense of accomplishment you Bama mentioned by doing it by hand!

MakingScrapbook is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I love digi scrapping! I do still paper scrapbook, but I can get so much more done when I'm doing it digitally. It's also nice, because I can order multiple copies of my books. This gives each of my kids their own copies of our Disney albums!!
    Jan

Sep. 2005 - Polynesian
    Sep. 2006 - Contemporary
    Sep. 2007 - Beach Club
    Feb. 2008 - French Quarter
    Jun. 2008 - Off Site, Sea World & Aquatica trip
    Sep. 2008 - Pop Century & Disney "Magic" Cruise
    Mar. 2009 - Pop Century (girls trip w/ daughter)
    Aug. 2009 - POR & Disney "Magic" Cruise & CB
    Nov. 2009 - All Star Movies (girls weekend)
    Dec. 2009 - All Star Music
    Jan. 2010 - Caribbean Beach
    Mar. 2010 - All Star Music (Princess 1/2)

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MakingScrapbook View Post
    I love digi scrapping! I do still paper scrapbook, but I can get so much more done when I'm doing it digitally. It's also nice, because I can order multiple copies of my books. This gives each of my kids their own copies of our Disney albums!!
    I never thought of that but it's a great idea! I think I'll start ordering doubles of some of my pages and start a book for each of my sons. Even if they don't get into it (men can be so funny sometimes) I'll be their wives will love it. Thanks!!!
    Hypermommy

kleb111 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Digital scrapbooking is just easier all around. No clean up, no finding matching accents, and your albums won't be so thick with all the embellishments. Does anyone know how you can scan and use the paper Disney embellishments you already own?

I agree!! I love easy these days!!

I tend to download Disney elements from Britt-ish Designs at ScrapMatters. She does amazing work! I'm not sure about scanning Disney embellishments. It may be a copyright issue.
    Jan

Sep. 2005 - Polynesian
    Sep. 2006 - Contemporary
    Sep. 2007 - Beach Club

I love the Mickey button you have on your page you posted. I went to the web site you gave, which is awesome by the way. I didn't see the button though. Do you remember which kit it was in?

Which Mickey button? If it's not a Britt-ish Designs button, then I probably found it as a freebie on someones blog. Let me know what it looks like.
    Jan

Sep. 2005 - Polynesian
    Sep. 2006 - Contemporary
    Sep. 2007 - Beach Club

Disney digi accents

It's a blue button you used on a layout you posted under the "Anyone digiscrap?" thread. There is also a white mickey head punch looking accents. Those are the kinda of accents I am looking for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast