Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Do you have a Circut? and how often do you use it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss I got a Cricut Create!!!!! in the Disneyana forums; As an early Christmas present I got a Cricut last night at Michales for $149.00!!! originally $200 some! And two cartridges to go with it one is Mickey and Friends ...
    lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Talking I got a Cricut Create!!!!!

As an early Christmas present I got a Cricut last night at Michales for $149.00!!! originally $200 some! And two cartridges to go with it one is Mickey and Friends and the other is the Mickey alphabet! I still want the Disney Fairies one and Winnie the pooh one. They were all on sale last night for $29.99!! originally $89.99!!! I can't wait to start my scrapbook for 08 now!!!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Anyone have any tips about using it?
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

I have never used the Create Tiffany. I have the Baby Bug and now the Expression. I absolutely love my Cricut(s)! I just used my Expression for the first time yesterday and cut out a 7 inch Tinker Bell!

Mickey Font cart is one of my favorite font cartridges. I use it a lot. The Mickey & Friends cuts are pretty simple to do. The Princess cartridge cuts are a little more intricate and difficult to do, but I enjoy the challenge of them.

I have all of the Disney cartridges, both of the Mickey ones, both Pooh ones, Dreams Come True, Happily Ever After, Cars and Tinker Bell. I am hoping that they come out with a cartridge geared towards the parks themselves soon!

If you have any questions or need any help let me know. Also, there is a Cricut message board that is extremely helpful.

Have fun!

Thanks Melissa! Wow a 7 inch Tinker Bell! Thats a big Tinker Bell lol.

They have a Dreams Come True Cartridge?
    That would be neat if they came out with a park cartridge! I could really use that.

Thanks again.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    I got my wife a Cricut Expression for Christmas. I got it for a heck of a price and I got her the Disney Princess and Mickey Cartridge on clearance at WalMart. My only regret is that she moved way to fast when she opened it for me to get a good picture. All I got was the blur that used to be my wife as she jumped up and tackled me like a linebacker.
    Last edited by ohiodisneydad; 01-01-2009 at 09:53 AM.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I got my wife a Cricut Expression for Christmas. I got it for a heck of a price and I got her the Disney Princess and Mickey Cartridge on clearance at WalMart. My only regret is that she moved way to fast when she opened it for me to get a good picture. All I got was the blur that used to be my wife and she jumped up and tackled me like a linebacker.
    That means you did good!!!! She is going to LOVE it! You on the other hand may regret it.....once you have the machine, it is like a quest to get as many cartridges as you can! I got my first Cricut Black Friday 2008. I now have 2 Cricut's (Expression and Baby Bug) and 40 cartridges with 2 on the way!

Just so you know...there are a total of 8 Disney cartridges now that she will need to have to make beautiful scrapbooks of your Disney trips! Mickey & Friends, Mickey Font, Pooh & Friends, Pooh Font, Dreams Come True, Happily Ever After, Tinker Bell and Cars!

What a fantastic gift for your wife! You'll have to have her come join us here in the Scrapbooking forum when she starts creating!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    That means you did good!!!! She is going to LOVE it! You on the other hand may regret it.....once you have the machine, it is like a quest to get as many cartridges as you can! I got my first Cricut Black Friday 2008. I now have 2 Cricut's (Expression and Baby Bug) and 40 cartridges with 2 on the way!

Just so you know...there are a total of 8 Disney cartridges now that she will need to have to make beautiful scrapbooks of your Disney trips! Mickey & Friends, Mickey Font, Pooh & Friends, Pooh Font, Dreams Come True, Happily Ever After, Tinker Bell and Cars!

What a fantastic gift for your wife! You'll have to have her come join us here in the Scrapbooking forum when she starts creating!
    You got your FIRST one on Black Friday 2008???? And now you have two????That was only a month ago! You ladies are obsessed!!!!! LOL! I'll never afford another Disney trip!

I'll let her know that she'll need to get on here and chat with everyone about this. She's got a container full of little Mickey's and stuff. The thing about the cartridge's bother me though. She's addicted to Webkinz and is always sneaking one in the cart on grocery day. I can't take another obsession!
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by lilo88 View Post
    Anyone have any tips about using it?
    Practice makes perfect?
    I have "played" with a Cricut owned by a friend so I know they can be a lot of fun. I have no skill in working with paper, however, and am always in awe of what can be created by someone who knows what they are doing. Hope you enjoy creating cards and scrapbooks. I can well imagine how one can be obsessed with aquiring the newest and best cartridges. I do the same collecting embroidery files. (I have over 3,000 now.)
    Last edited by mini-V; 01-02-2009 at 10:16 PM. Reason: spelling
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    You got your FIRST one on Black Friday 2008???? And now you have two????That was only a month ago! You ladies are obsessed!!!!! LOL! I'll never afford another Disney trip!

I'll let her know that she'll need to get on here and chat with everyone about this. She's got a container full of little Mickey's and stuff. The thing about the cartridge's bother me though. She's addicted to Webkinz and is always sneaking one in the cart on grocery day. I can't take another obsession!
    I think Melissa meant 2007. I know she's had her baby bug for awhile.

I think it's time this house upgraded to the Expression, but I'm not the one that needs convincing. Thankfully birthdays are not too far off.

I thought she meant 2007 but I also know how addictions go. LOL! My wife is already looking at new cartridges. I guess it will make gift giving on holidays easier

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    I think Melissa meant 2007. I know she's had her baby bug for awhile.

I think it's time this house upgraded to the Expression, but I'm not the one that needs convincing. Thankfully birthdays are not too far off.
    I thought she meant 2007 but I also know how addictions go. LOL! My wife is already looking at new cartridges. I guess it will make gift giving on holidays easier

Yes, I meant 2007. I got my Baby Bug on Black Friday 2007. I got my Expression on Black Friday 2008!!!

I told the wife to get on here and register so she can chat with all of you crazy cricut'ers. She also took the opportunity to tell me that Michael's Craft Store has the Cricut cartridges 50% off starting Sunday.

I'm loving mine!!! I have used it many times since I got it and I'm currently using it on my Disney 08 scrapbook!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Re: I got a Cricut Create!!!!!

I love my (moms) Cricut. I do not know which one we have but we use it all the time. Practice does make perfect on it. We only have the mickey and friends and the font cartridge but I think I may cars or pooh ones when they are on sale. That is the only thing I hate about the cricit the cartridges are like $100
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Re: I got a Cricut Create!!!!!

Yeah they are really expensive but Michales has them on sale a lot.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast