Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss Digi Scrapping "Tools" in the Disneyana forums; Ok so I know we've had a few threads on why or why not to Digiscrap... to move along, for those of you that do Digiscrap, what are some of ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question Digi Scrapping "Tools"

Ok so I know we've had a few threads on why or why not to Digiscrap... to move along, for those of you that do Digiscrap, what are some of your favorite "tools" (software etc.)? What hints and tips do you have for someone wanting to try it out?

I've had to pretty much accept the fact that I can't get a cricut for a bit so I was thinking in the meantime, maybe I'd try it out (Digiscrapping).
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Whenever I do digital scrapping I use Photoshop CS4. There are tons of programs you can use, the key is to make sure the program is capable of working in layers.

MakingScrapbook is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I use Adobe Photoshop CS2. My husband got it for me. It has a bit of a learning curve, but I can easily use digi scrapping templates in it!

There are some great tutorial websites out there... just google.

Sometimes I use LifeTimez, which is a limited edition version of the Memory Mixer software. It is very user-friendly, but a bit more limited in how you can manipulate the digi elements.

Warning - Once you get started, you won't want to go back to paper scrapbooking! LOL! It's soooo much quicker, easier, and less messy!
    Jan

Sep. 2005 - Polynesian
    Sep. 2006 - Contemporary
    Sep. 2007 - Beach Club
    Feb. 2008 - French Quarter
    Jun. 2008 - Off Site, Sea World & Aquatica trip
    Sep. 2008 - Pop Century & Disney "Magic" Cruise
    Mar. 2009 - Pop Century (girls trip w/ daughter)
    Aug. 2009 - POR & Disney "Magic" Cruise & CB
    Nov. 2009 - All Star Movies (girls weekend)
    Dec. 2009 - All Star Music
    Jan. 2010 - Caribbean Beach
    Mar. 2010 - All Star Music (Princess 1/2)

disfanmelk is offline A-Ticket holder
    I use Creative Memories StoryBook Creator Plus. In full disclosure, I am a consultant so I had to learn how to use it, however I was using Photoshop previously and I have found that most of the layouts I created in Photoshop could be done in Plus also (and for me it was also faster).
    In addition, the Plus software has Disney Themed paper and layouts. Unfortunately, you have to use their software (it won't work in Photoshop) which limits many people!

Grants_mom is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disfanmelk View Post
    I use Creative Memories StoryBook Creator Plus. In full disclosure, I am a consultant so I had to learn how to use it, however I was using Photoshop previously and I have found that most of the layouts I created in Photoshop could be done in Plus also (and for me it was also faster).
    In addition, the Plus software has Disney Themed paper and layouts. Unfortunately, you have to use their software (it won't work in Photoshop) which limits many people!
    I have the StoryBook plus software as well. Just got it not to long ago....and I also got the disney digi stuff for my up coming trip. I hope to be able to use it when I get back from my trip. I still plan on making a traditional scrapbook as well since I have most of those stuff too!
    Molly
    Mom to 1 great Red headed little boy and wife to 1 wonderful husband!