Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss Disney Scrapbooking Forum in the Disneyana forums; Since you already started a challenge which I would have suggested how about cards, other craft items besides scrapbook pages, maybe some altered items which are all the rage now. ...
    Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Since you already started a challenge which I would have suggested how about cards, other craft items besides scrapbook pages, maybe some altered items which are all the rage now. I could always use tips on how to distress an item since I have seen HM and ToT pages that are done that way and are great.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I guess I could settle for that. Since paper is on sale at JoAnn's 4/$1. But really, I had no idea when I got into this how much MONEY I would spend! Yikes!
    They call me "Nana"

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    I guess I could settle for that. Since paper is on sale at JoAnn's 4/$1. But really, I had no idea when I got into this how much MONEY I would spend! Yikes!
    I can top that....I had April pull my total purchases from the local scrapbook store she works at from Jan 2005 until the end of June 2006. I could have paid off the last 18 months of my car loan so now I am introducing myself to moderation. That's why I asked for tips, so I can work with what I have and maybe stick with less expensive items and get the same effect.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Maybe a swap wouldn't be such a bad idea.
    They call me "Nana"

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    A swap would really work for us...good way to save money and purge your stash!

A neat way to do it rather than everybody trying to list everything they have that they no longer need might be to make a list of everybody interested. The first person on the list puts everything they don't want into a box and mails the box to the second person on the list. The second person takes everything out of the box they want (leaving what they don't want) and adds everythingof theirs they don't want and sends it to person three. Person three does the same and mails it to the next person on the list and so on and so on. The last person on the list mails it to person one and we keep sending the box around and around and around.
    They call me "Nana"

That's a cute idea of mailing the box but I have to organize before I can join in so hopefully this is the incentive I need to start getting it all together.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

A neat way to do it rather than everybody trying to list everything they have that they no longer need might be to make a list of everybody interested. The first person on the list puts everything they don't want into a box and mails the box to the second person on the list. The second person takes everything out of the box they want (leaving what they don't want) and adds everythingof theirs they don't want and sends it to person three. Person three does the same and mails it to the next person on the list and so on and so on. The last person on the list mails it to person one and we keep sending the box around and around and around.

Wow....did you come up with that idea all on your own?!?! I like it!

Yes, I did, thank you.

I just thought of how much hassle it would be to list everything I had that I didn't need and to go through other people's lists if they were anything like mine, and then wondering what an item would actually look like.

THEN, I remembered (actually, it is always close to my heart so it wasn't hard to recall) the box of goodies Marie sent me and how exciting it was to go through it, and I thought HEY...............

We could all get a box of goodies and then add to it and pass it along!
    They call me "Nana"

Yes, I did, thank you.

I just thought of how much hassle it would be to list everything I had that I didn't need and to go through other people's lists if they were anything like mine, and then wondering what an item would actually look like.

THEN, I remembered (actually, it is always close to my heart so it wasn't hard to recall) the box of goodies Marie sent me and how exciting it was to go through it, and I thought HEY...............

We could all get a box of goodies and then add to it and pass it along!

Great idea and I say that April boxes up her goodies and that I am the first recipient!

I love the idea and Melissa....you can be the first...and remember I live with Goofygirl so we would be combined.

Bad news..all my unwanted stickers when to Pat's DS preschool and all my spare Disney items went into the auction.

So besides the swap, what else would you like to see? Sketches? New product announcements? Money saving tips? Give me ideas!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    I love the idea and Melissa....you can be the first...and remember I live with Goofygirl so we would be combined.

Bad news..all my unwanted stickers when to Pat's DS preschool and all my spare Disney items went into the auction.

So besides the swap, what else would you like to see? Sketches? New product announcements? Money saving tips? Give me ideas!!!
    I think that the new product announcements and money saving tips are great ideas!!!!

What about a technique thread. Things like paper tearing, paper stitching, using wire, fibers, etc. There are so many things out there that some of us don't think about to incoporate into our LO's. So when new idea comes into someone's head it would be great to have a place to share them!

Wait...no Disney stuff at your house....hmmmmm, maybe I'll move my name down the list then! Since basically all I'm working on right now is Disney, Disney, Disney!

PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder
    This is what I need most...organizational advice. I have alot of scrapbook stuff, and plenty of things to scrap book...but when I am in the mood to do it, it takes me forever to get all my necessary stuff out, and then I only do a page or two before I'm tired or have to do something else (dinner, bed, work, etc) and then it takes me forever to clean up! So I literally can be "scrapbooking" for 2 hours, but the first 45 is finding all my stickers and letters and scissors and stuff; the last 45 is putting it all away - and I've only had 30 minutes of actual creativity time (not that I'm all that creative, but you know what I mean). I spend alot of time for very little "final" product. If someone has any tips for me - I'm all ears! šoš

And the send the box around idea is very clever!! As long as the box kept moving!
    Last edited by PrincessTammi; 07-14-2006 at 02:04 PM.
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

KittieKathChick is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I too love the box idea. I've never participated in a swap, and I'm relatively new to the scrapbooking world. I don't know a lot of the the terminology, and I just found out yesterday how a Sizzix machine works, lol. But the swap idea sounds fun.

And I can relate with spending lots of money on this. DH has fussed a little about how much I've spent. I'm going to have $100-$200 in my book, easily. But it's fun to do and we'll always have it to look at. That's what I say in my defense, lol.

I love thissmilie!

Lovin' me some Jack Sparrow.
    Going back in May 2009.

I have loads of money saving tips and I am surprisingly very well organized so I have lots of info to share!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast