Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss Free Embellishments in the Disneyana forums; Did you know there were tons of free things you can get at the world that you can put in your albums? Share some of you favorites here! Also if ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

Free Embellishments

Did you know there were tons of free things you can get at the world that you can put in your albums? Share some of you favorites here! Also if you know if an item is acid free, please include that infomation.

Fastpasses

Is there a ride at the parks you just have to ride? Grab a Fastpass before you leave! These passes make cute additions to an album and the matching ride pictures. And best of all, they are about 80% acid free so all you have to use some buffered paper and you are good to go!

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Stickers

We get stickers at different restaurants - I got lots of Mickey stickers - they even give em to big kids

Park Literature

Park Maps, time guides and any other goodies you can pick up at the parks! And best of all they are acid free! So cute them up, leave them whole...no special care needed!

Try picking up the maps in different languages and add an international flare to your albums!

Bonus Top: International maps are also great for helping teach kids a foreign language! I grabbed a bunch in French to help me learn the language! Nothing better then letting your first words be about your favorite place!

Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    Stickers

We get stickers at different restaurants - I got lots of Mickey stickers - they even give em to big kids

And these are totally acid free too! (I have one of the stickers and my acid pen next to me!)

-Mickey cup coasters that you get in the hotel rooms.
    -co-pilots license from riding in front monorail car.
    -room key's
    -kid's menus from restaurants
    -Mickey head confetti thrown during SpectroMagic...my DS spent 10 minutes picking these up, then I just put them inside a little clear scrapbooking envelope and added it to my page!

I'm sure I will come up with more things....but for now that's all I have!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    acid gets a bad rap now n' days.

stuff works great for brazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    acid gets a bad rap now n' days.

stuff works great for brazing.
    lol...now what on earth are you doing on this thread?!?! You don't seem like the scraping type!

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    lol...now what on earth are you doing on this thread?!?! You don't seem like the scraping type!
    Nothing worng with a man showing his creativity!! hehe

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    scrap booking? Oh... sure! I love doing that! I like to put puffy teddy bear stickers around my puppy pics!

eeeyyyy

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    Fastpasses

Is there a ride at the parks you just have to ride? Grab a Fastpass before you leave! These passes make cute additions to an album and the matching ride pictures. And best of all, they are about 80% acid free so all you have to use some buffered paper and you are good to go!
    Another tip about FastPasses is to get an extra "Not Valid" FastPass everytime you get your regular FastPass. Just run your ticket through the machine an extra time and it will spit out a pass that has "Not Valid" printed on it. This way you can use the regular FastPass and then keep the other for scrapbooking. It still has the picture on it along with the date and time of your ride. It's a great way to keep track of what day and what time you rode the different rides.

Try to collect all of the FastPasses. It's a little harder than you think. On some days the rides don't offer the passes and sometimes you can't get around to all of rides. We tried this with the kids on our last trip and it was a blast.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Way back when... when i had time to actually put my photos in albums, I used totake everything from park maps that I would cut and paste, to old tickets, bags, room keys, times guides, napkins... whatever!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Napkins are good freebies...however they have a bunch of acid in them, so they need to be treated or laminated or put in a pouch, so they don't ruin your photos.

megolson is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Yeah I love collecting things.... one thing I do when I go to resturants is I would save a napkin and ask our server to sign their name on it. It adds a little something extra to your book when you look back at it. (Also, like others have said... room keys, coasters, fast pass tickets, stroller name tags, recepits from your travel, airline tickets, luggage tags, stickers, and of course pictures!)

Oh and another thing I just thought about.... Disney Dollars are always nice to put into a scrapbook or just collect.
    Disneyland #1 1992
    Disneyland #2 1994
    Tokyo Disney Oct-1997
    Disney World #1 June 1999
    Disney World #2 Dec-Jan 2000
    Disney World #3 Nov.-2004
    (My kids and Husbands first time)

Disney World #4 Sept. 3rd-10th, 2005 (Going back for more!!)

#1EeyoreFan is offline I love Eeyore! Disney Forever, and ever and ever etc.
    I am a post card freak! I buy postcards from every park and all the different resorts, I think they make the photo albums and scrapbooks look great along with the stickers. I save the room keys and the maps and I try to take pictures of pretty much everything. I have I believe over 27 Photo Albums and about 7 scrapbooks.
    DISNEY IS MY HAPPY PLACE THE ONLY TIME THAT I GET 2WKS OF HAPPINESS AND WORRY FREE TIME!!!!!! This time I will see it through the eyes of my baby girl born 2008.

Next Trip is December 2010

Can't wait!!!!!!

Jul- 85 - Poly- 1st Time ever Nov - 97 - Best Western
    Nov- 98- travel Lodge Nov- 99 - Music - Family Trip
    Oct- 00 - Music Nov- 01 - Movies
    Oct-02- Movies Dec- 03 - Movies
    Oct-04- Pop - Married Dec- 05- Pop
    Dec-06 - Pop Nov- 07- Pop

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast