Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss Show off your Disney Scrapbook pages! in the Disneyana forums; Wow, absolutely incredible Melissa! I have a question...... How did you do the fuzzy letters for Sulley? I want fuzzy letters....
    iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Wow, absolutely incredible Melissa! I have a question...... How did you do the fuzzy letters for Sulley? I want fuzzy letters.
    They call me "Nana"

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    She used mulberry paper..and quite nicely I might add. I never can get mine to look that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    She used mulberry paper..and quite nicely I might add. I never can get mine to look that good.
    Yes, it was torn mulberry paper. It took me a few tries to get the mat's around the letters to look about the same size. When I downloaded each of the pages to my album I did enter any tips or special products I used under the picture description. I will have to go back in and make sure that you guys can access that. The color of mulberry paper matched Sulley's spots perfectly! I was very happy how it turned out. Thanks for the compliments guys! I take my scrapbooking VERY seriously!

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofygirl
    Laura and Melissa,

Excellent scrapbook pages!
    Thank you Janet. Do you have any pages, because I know that we would looove to see them ?
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Well, I planned to take some pictures of my pages so that I could post them, but some erkjay decided to steal my camera while I was in the bathroom at the Hard Rock last weekend. So, until I get a replacement (I just bought this one in May), I wont be able to share.

But I did work on my book this weekend and used some of the new paper I got from the scrap store online. Very bright and colorful!!!!

Will you make me some torn Mulberry letters and mail them to me since I have NO clue what you are talking about?
    They call me "Nana"

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    Will you make me some torn Mulberry letters and mail them to me since I have NO clue what you are talking about?
    The actual letters are not fuzzy. It's the paper that I used to mat around the letters that look fuzzy. When you tear mulberry paper it gives a fuzzy look because of the fibers. I used black letter stickers and matted them on plain turquoise card stock and then I used the torn mulberry paper to mat the turquoise card stock on top of. Does that explain it a little better? Let me know....otherwise, I'm sure I can work something out for you!

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    Well, I planned to take some pictures of my pages so that I could post them, but some erkjay decided to steal my camera while I was in the bathroom at the Hard Rock last weekend. So, until I get a replacement (I just bought this one in May), I wont be able to share.

But I did work on my book this weekend and used some of the new paper I got from the scrap store online. Very bright and colorful!!!!
    That stinks that someone stole your camera! What people there are out there! Thank goodness there are people like us out there to equal things out! Can't wait until you are able to share some pages with us too.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    The actual letters are not fuzzy. It's the paper that I used to mat around the letters that look fuzzy. When you tear mulberry paper it gives a fuzzy look because of the fibers. I used black letter stickers and matted them on plain turquoise card stock and then I used the torn mulberry paper to mat the turquoise card stock on top of. Does that explain it a little better? Let me know....otherwise, I'm sure I can work something out for you!
    Did you wet the edges first before you tore the paper? I find that when I use a wet Q-tip and outline where I want to tear, it tears easier.
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Quote Originally Posted by zcook9
    Did you wet the edges first before you tore the paper? I find that when I use a wet Q-tip and outline where I want to tear, it tears easier.
    Why yes I did...I guess I forgot to mention that fact. Thanks Laura!

I guess you could also use a straight edge i.e. a ruler, a paper trimmer. I haven't done that yet, but I guess it might make your lines straighter.
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

There is so much I don't know!
    They call me "Nana"

To get the it to look "fuzzy" you should use the wet qtip and kind of pull away from the edge of the paper while you are doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    There is so much I don't know!
    That's what it so great about scrapbooking! Learning new things is half the fun and it's great to look back and see some of your first pages and then look at current books and how much better you've gotten!

I just posted some more of my pages. The only problem is that a few of them went into my regular album because I forgot to specify the Scrapbook Album! I can't figure out how to move them! So...if you want to check out the new ones...there are some in the Scrapbook Album and some in my regular Member's Gallery!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast