Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss Show off your Disney Scrapbook pages! in the Disneyana forums; Originally Posted by Goofygirl a Xyron machine. That is one investment that I haven't made yet. I'm not sure I would ever use it . Do you use it a ...
    zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofygirl
    a Xyron machine.
    That is one investment that I haven't made yet. I'm not sure I would ever use it . Do you use it a lot?
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Where are some of your pages Janet?

Janet,

I know that you have all of these embellishments and I would love to see some of your pages . You have to post some .
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Wow, zots? what are those?

xyron - is that the sticker thing? I have a small one....
    I would love to have that big thing to make the adhesive backing or put the other toner in to laminate!

Do you ever use wire words? I have a hard time attaching those to a page - any suggestions?

I have just started using the brads (easier than those punch things you have to use equipment to fix), and the scissors worked just fine.....

ugh....today is scrapbook day for the pioneers here at work - wish me luck!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Okay workin on my pages now. As soon as they are finsihed I will post them.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    Wow, zots? what are those?

xyron - is that the sticker thing? I have a small one....
    I would love to have that big thing to make the adhesive backing or put the other toner in to laminate!

Do you ever use wire words? I have a hard time attaching those to a page - any suggestions?

I have just started using the brads (easier than those punch things you have to use equipment to fix), and the scissors worked just fine.....

ugh....today is scrapbook day for the pioneers here at work - wish me luck!
    Zots are wonderful! They come in different diam. and thicknesses (is that a word ). I use them to attatch fibers, metal... anything, and they are clear .

Good luck with your pages today. I would love to see them when you are done.
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Quote Originally Posted by zcook9
    Zots are wonderful! They come in different diam. and thicknesses (is that a word ). I use them to attatch fibers, metal... anything, and they are clear .
    I agree....zots are great for wire words and a whole lot more.....

As for the Xyron, yes, I use it all the time........I have a Sizzix machine and it is great for shapes and letters. I also used it to attach my dalmation felt dots to white pants for last years Halloween costume. It worked really well.

FYI, there are new eyelets that do not need special tools to use, you just use a pen, and Memories carries them and I am sure the others will follow soon. They are by Eyelet Oulet and called Quicklets.....they aren't too expensive either.

http://www.eyeletoutlet.com/category/quicklets/

I use brads but eyelets are better when you are getting close to a corner.

I'll have to post the cards I made since I haven't done my own books yet. FYI, leftover cardstock and papers make great cards. Anyways, I get too many requests for them from functions I have attended.....weddings, birthday parties, and baby/bridal showers. Someday I'll get to do some of my own pictures for a change......It's a shame I just never thought to scan them before I gave them away.

I need to help Stitch finish Flutter's WDW book so we can get that up for viewing. It came out totally awesome but needs a little tweaking and the journaling needs to be fixed.

Sorry, I'm not usually so wordy but don't forget I have listings of scrap stores in the backs of my Creating Keepsakes books and a bunch of other magazines. If anyone wants me to I can pm or scan and email the list to you to see if there are any near where you live.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Well Janet, don't be worried about being wordy. It's all good here. Thanks for the info on the hammerless eyelets. I can't wait to get my hands on some of those. I also can't wait to see the WDW book. I didn't realize that you live so close to April.
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Hammerless eyelets.....very interesting! I will have to get used to using the brads first and then I may attempt those!

I made some vellum pockets using the brads, on the volunteer album that I am currently working on. They look so cute!!! I just wish they were cheaper!

Lara,
    I don't pay a lot for brads...how much did you pay for them and how many do you get in a box?
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Lara,
    I don't pay a lot for brads...how much did you pay for them and how many do you get in a box?
    I think they were $3 for 50......maybe that is not a lot.....I don't know.

That's not bad at all. Are you hooked on using them a lot?
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

That's not bad at all. Are you hooked on using them a lot?
    I have only used them on 2 pages so far, but they were great at holding the vellum pockets...
    so that is an ok price then? they aren't fancy, just like little dots and flowers.

Long weekend!

Ya'll know what a long weekend means... scrapbooking! I'll have time this weekend to get some more pages done and get them posted!

Happy Scrapping to all!!!!
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Okay gang book coming along slowy but surely. Went to AC Moore at least several times over the weekend. They had some great sales.They had memory paper on sale for 20 cents so of course I loaded up on a bunch.I'm still taking pictures so as soon as I finsih the roll in the camera I will post. (I know I need to get a digital camera)

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

I finally found the memories store. I spent so much $$ there on some Disney stuff I had never seen. But they also had that black silohette (sp?) black Mickey album that I have been wanting for awhile.

Also visited Michael's - they had brads on sale! Now I paid only $1.57 for them!~
    I am trying to find these nifty pens that they used on one of the scrapbooking shows on DIY. Crytal Laquer? have any of y'all heard of them?
    Anyways.....I worked on the pioneer scrapbook most of yesterday. I feel like I made progress..... I will post the pictures of the Disney album that I took soon - hopefully! :mickey:

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast