Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss Album Issues in the Disneyana forums; Okay I need suggestions...and all Disney Photographers can help, not just scrapbookers. I've been struggling over this since I came back from Disney on the 6th. While there for the ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

Album Issues

Okay I need suggestions...and all Disney Photographers can help, not just scrapbookers.

I've been struggling over this since I came back from Disney on the 6th. While there for the all of 2 1/2 days I was there I took 458 photos. Normally my albums are in chronological order, with the thoughts of making each WDW trip it's own book. Well when looking over my pictures for the last trip about 30+ of them are Hidden Mickeys (which will already get their own album), about 100 are pictures of me and the people I was with and the rest are all of the park. And there must be a good 50 pictures of just the Haunted Mansion.

So looking back at all my other trips, the pictures are about the same (mostly images of the parks). So I got to thinking if I scrap the pictures according to trip, the books are going to look almost the same. So then I thought about pulling the people pictures out and scrapping those in my yearly books and then putting all the rest of the photos according to park, so I would have an album for just MK, divided by land and all the HM pictures together which would also help if I missed a detail in a prior year (with dates). I thought that would work, becuase you can see the changed through the years...but I don't know.

Any one have any suggestions? If you were viewing the albums, what would be more interesting to look at? I've been stressing about this for about 2 weeks now! (Hey..at least it has taken my mind off of the more important issues for awhile)

HELP! Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Stitch; 06-15-2005 at 01:53 PM. Reason: I type too fast and made an error...thanks a lot mom

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    April! What a great idea! I have billions of WDW pictures (okay, maybe not billions, but you know what I mean) and if I were to make a MK book, then an Epcot book, then a Studios book, then.....

....and then have yearly trip books with people, it would actually save a lot of picture taking also. I could say, "Oh, I already have that shot," and just concentrate on new things or on putting people into my shots. You could also do just a character book with autographs and shots of the characters (with or without people, or you could make two copies and put one in the character book and one in the trip book).

Okay, I'm excited now. Can you tell?
    They call me "Nana"

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    April,
    I have tons of pictures- I'm still finding and sorting!!-I used Lou's timeline- I printed it out and used it as a guide for my books. I have so many pictures that I can do the year as well as one for each park for each year and they dont look the same. I have done different size books as well. We stayed so many times at OKW that I have one just for that as well. I even started a book dedicated to the crew just eating You have just given me some more ideas and the push to go through those two rubbermaid containers full of pictures
    Marie

We need to all get together and have a scrapbooking weekend! Only I would need a U-Haul to carry my pictures!
    They call me "Nana"

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    ....and then have yearly trip books with people, it would actually save a lot of picture taking also. I could say, "Oh, I already have that shot," and just concentrate on new things or on putting people into my shots. You could also do just a character book with autographs and shots of the characters (with or without people, or you could make two copies and put one in the character book and one in the trip book).
    That was what I was think...I found I have 5 photos from different years of the HM from the same angle...and the HM hasn't had a rehab so they all look the SAME. If I do a book a park, it will be more of an archive of the rides and in future trips I can change my position or angle to get better shots.

Still a little torn about breaking the trips up.

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    Are we talking physical photo albums or electronic versions on the computer?

I'm assuming that it's more prior than the latter, in which case I'd have separate books for each park, people, special events, and miscellaneous shots. All of which would be chronologically sorted according to trip and/or special event. However this could get expensive very quickly.

You could also just go with books for the different parks and one for other locations, subdivided into categories of standard shots, people, and special events. (Again chronologically sorted.) The only problem with this method is that you'll need either a large album with plenty of pages to serve as a buffer, or use an album that allows extra pages to be added -- similar to a 3-ring binder.

If you want to create albums for digital pictures online, then I'd recommend using a small freeware database to cross-link the photos into categories. When building the database you'd just ensure that you have enough columns for the picture name, picture date, event name, and either several other columns added for grouping - or one column for a group hash. (Using a schema similar to UNIX file attributes). The grouping hash would require less space in the database and would prove more versatile in allowing a single picture to be categorized in several groups. Hence the same picture is used for different albums - again, less space required.

: . . : . : . : : . . . . : : : . . . : : : : . : . : : : : . : : : . : : . : . . : : : . . : : . : : . . : . :

April, I think that a book per park is a great idea, but if I were you I wouldn't disrupt prior books that you have already finished. Just start with this last trip you have taken. Pull out the pictures from this trip to start each park book (even if there are some pictures that you have from previous years) and then when you return you can focus on taking additional pictures for each attraction to add to it. You will still be able to do a "trip" book, it just may not be as big or as complete (meaning...missing shots from favorite attractions) as you are used to. Your trip book can consist of the group photos of friends you have met as well as items pertaining to that specific trip or time of the year, such as; Flower and Garden Festival, Food & Wine Festival, MNSSHP, MVMCP, HCOE, etc.... You could put pictures of the newly decorated castle in this trip book or any other pictures that may have contain something regarding the HCOE.

I think it's a great idea...I just couldn't imagine tearing up your books that you already have complete! We all know how much time and love goes into those books! I also like being able to look back and see how my scrapbooking has blossomed. You can definitely tell a difference between the first book I did and my last!

Hope this helps you...no need to stress! Scrapbooking was designed to be a stress reliever! Enjoy!

Well, seeing that I have yet to scrap a single Disney trip tearing up books would not be an issue. I'll have to look at all the photos again to see what I really have to work with and go from there.

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    I am STILL in the process of scrapbooking our 2003 trip. I have 1200+ pictures to scrap, plus, my mother found a whole bunch of pictures from when I was little girl down in Disney . For my 2003 pics, because I can be real ****, when it comes to pictures, I had to watch all of the video we shot and put everything in chronological order (I know, sick ...) So now, I have given up on being so orderly... and I figured out that I should just go with the flow, and if it isn't in order, that's O.K. With my albums... I have one for each park and separated by "lands". Everyone has great ideas. If your worried about scraping the "same" picture from another album/ page, it's o.k. If you have pictures that you haven't scrapped yet, I like the idea of "Then and Now". And thanks to all for the suggestions .
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Quote Originally Posted by Jacknife
    \

If you want to create albums for digital pictures online, then I'd recommend using a small freeware database to cross-link the photos into categories. When building the database you'd just ensure that you have enough columns for the picture name, picture date, event name, and either several other columns added for grouping - or one column for a group hash. (Using a schema similar to UNIX file attributes). The grouping hash would require less space in the database and would prove more versatile in allowing a single picture to be categorized in several groups. Hence the same picture is used for different albums - again, less space required.

Uh................could you repeat that in English, please?
    They call me "Nana"

Believe it or not...I understood it all.

Oh man, does that make me a geek?

Yes.
    They call me "Nana"

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    Believe it or not...I understood it all.

Oh man, does that make me a geek?
    nah I understood it all

but then I am a nerd

It must be that I didn't understand it because I am old, like the cryptkeeper.
    They call me "Nana"

nah not that

I'm older than you (not by much )

I just use that type of stuff - daily

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast