Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss New Disney stuff at Michael's in the Disneyana forums; Now, I go to Michael's or JoAnn's craft stores just about once a week. I have to avoid the scrapbooking aisles most of the time to keep myself from spending ...
    GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!

New Disney stuff at Michael's

Now, I go to Michael's or JoAnn's craft stores just about once a week. I have to avoid the scrapbooking aisles most of the time to keep myself from spending too much money.
    However, I went to a different location that I normally go to yesterday and checked out their scrapbooking aisles. They had papers and stickers that I have not seen anywhere. The girl at the register said they just got them in! I did see some of these on the scrap shop online that someone posted about a few days ago.
    I just wanted to let y'all know to go ahead and check out Michaels craft store if you have one near you. I am planning to start my next book and will use some of these pages so that I can show you. They are mostly vellum paper and real bright colors on them!

Just wanted to let y'all know!

Thanks for the info! I know that my scrapbook store just got a lot of new Disney items in, but Michael's is usually cheaper so I will go and check them out first! I still need to finish my book from our Christmas trip in 2003 before I can even start the trip we just took. Although they will both take a back seat to finishing up the boys autograph books from this trip!

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Thanks Lara! I try and go about once a week to either of those stores too.
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    Although they will both take a back seat to finishing up the boys autograph books from this trip!
    What do you do with the autograph books once you get home?
    Also - do you work with vellum much? Anyone?
    I am just not sure how to use this stuff, is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    What do you do with the autograph books once you get home?
    Also - do you work with vellum much? Anyone?
    I am just not sure how to use this stuff, is it just me?
    Lara, I saved my kids' autograph books and a made copies of each autograph and added them with the pictures of them with each character. I will try and get them downloaded, soon. And, as for the vellum issue, I am constantly learning, but if you go to the Creative Keepsakes website, there is a section that will help give you advice and helpful hints with things like working with vellum.
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Thanks Laura - I will have to check out that website. I am definately not the type of scrapper that spends tons of time creating one element on a page - I like the quick and easy way of doing things!

I just never could figure out the whole vellum deal.

The last trip I took my niece on, I made an autograph book for her from teh perforated notecards so that I could take them out and put them in her scrapbook. But now I am not sure she is going to let me. I am also wondering if I did take the cards out, should I laminate them first?

I gotta figure out how to fit my 12x12 pages onto my scanner....

I gotta figure out how to fit my 12x12 pages onto my scanner....
    I am going to have to take digital pics of mine and download them. My scanner doesn't take 12x12 either.
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Quote Originally Posted by zcook9
    I am going to have to take digital pics of mine and download them. My scanner doesn't take 12x12 either.
    That's the way DD and I do them. They look just as good that way than if you scanned them w/o spending the money on a 12X12 scanner.

Vellum is a nice addition to a page when used for your journaling or over a picture to soften it or hide imperfections. I usually use brads or eyelets with vellum since most of the vellum tape and glue still show through.

I do more cards than scrapbook pages because they are easier and I use them on a regular basis. I will scan a couple in and post them for you to get ideas from. I am getting ready to make a Disney thank you for one of our wonderful members (Disneydame2004) who gave me lots and lots of envelopes, so I'll post it when it's done.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Quote Originally Posted by Goofygirl
    That's the way DD and I do them. They look just as good that way than if you scanned them w/o spending the money on a 12X12 scanner.

Vellum is a nice addition to a page when used for your journaling or over a picture to soften it or hide imperfections. I usually use brads or eyelets with vellum since most of the vellum tape and glue still show through.

I do more cards than scrapbook pages because they are easier and I use them on a regular basis. I will scan a couple in and post them for you to get ideas from. I am getting ready to make a Disney thank you for one of our wonderful members (Disneydame2004) who gave me lots and lots of envelopes, so I'll post it when it's done.
    First, about the scanner... my husband should have invested in a 12x12 scanner

Second, I agree about the brads and eyelets with vellum. The first time I tried to attach my vellum with zots... not good

Third, I would love to see your cards. Please post them when you get them done. (At least you can scan them .)
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

iwantobeaCM is offline B-Ticket Holder
    sorry i just saw this title of the forum and felt special!

i work at Michael's!! go me!!

lol
    Michelle

Mousefest 2006!! For my 18th birthday!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iwantobeaCM
    sorry i just saw this title of the forum and felt special! i work at Michael's!! go me!! lol
    Wow, do y'all get a great discount?????
    You will have to keep us updated if you see anything new and cool come in!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

iwantobeaCM is offline B-Ticket Holder
    our disounts rock! we get 25% off everything and can use coupons with it! I will definatly post if something new comes out.
    Michelle

Mousefest 2006!! For my 18th birthday!!!!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Hey guys I thought instead of starting a new thread I would stick it here. Anyone has an AC Moore in there neck of the woods . They had card stock on sale for 6 cents a sheets. A lot of colors.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

I wish that I did!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    I wish that I did!!!

Hey Lara if you ever want something from the store PM and I will check and see if it on sale and I will send it to you.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast