Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss Ready to start, kinda in the Disneyana forums; Okay, I went out and I bought a scrapbook, and some paper, and some stickers, and some ribbon, and some scissors, and some punchie out thingies, and some other stuff, ...
    iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!

Ready to start, kinda

Okay, I went out and I bought a scrapbook, and some paper, and some stickers, and some ribbon, and some scissors, and some punchie out thingies, and some other stuff, and some more other stuff, and a whole bunch more other stuff (this could be a VERY expensive hobby). I really wanted a Fiskars cuttie outtie thingie because it looked like it might be really fun, but I really don't have a clue how to use it or what it is for, so I left it on the shelf (clearance priced at $27.95).

My question is: Do I glue, tape, staple, or otherwise attach the background paper to the scrapbook page? Do I use a lot of glue, a little glue, dabs here and there, or tape just the corners, the edges, the middle? And do I need page protecters? And how do I know if something is acidic or acid free? And can I use the regular ink out of my printer or do I have to buy a special ink (I'm sure I need special paper)?
    They call me "Nana"

Any advice?
    They call me "Nana"

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    You may want to get this moved to the Scrapbooking forums...

Other than that, I have no advice. Good luck!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Ok, I can tell you my preferences....

I do not buy the albums with the pages attached. I like the ones with sheet protectors - top loading. That way you don't have to make the pages into the book and you can work on a page and add it to the book later. Also, the page protectors keep it looking neat.
    If you want to use something in scrapbooking, it does have to be acid free. Most things will not that it is acid free or "safe for scrapbooking". Regular printer paper is not, you would need to use something else. I think that regular ink might be fine to use, however.
    I do not use those die cut machines, I just don't have that kind of $. I like to keep things simple and easy. But yes, this could be an expensive habit. I have an entire storage box filled with scrapbooking materials.
    The most important thing is to remember, have fun. Do what you like, there are no set rules in scrapbooking. If you think it looks cool, then it is!
    I can't wait to see your pages!!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Are you saying that you buy the page protectors and then use just use the background paper as the page and add your goop and then slide the whole thing into the page protector and then put the page protecter in the book?

Okay, so I already have a scrapbook with pages attached. Do I glue the background paper to the page? Do you only glue the edges? Do you cover the whole page with glue? Does tape work better? IF you use glue instead of tape (tape seems to be expensive) what is the best kind of glue?
    They call me "Nana"

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    See, that is why I don't like the ones with attached pages. I have ones that are like a notebook, you can take the plastic sleeves out and even add more if you have more pages to add. You use the special scrapbook paper to design your page and then slide it down into the sleeve.

As far as the type that it sounds like you have, I really do not have that much experience. I have been using this gluestick that is especially for scrapbooking, it can get messy though, and that is where you are better off with tape.
    I would think, if you end up having to "glue" your paper down to the pages in the book, that the tape would provide you with a neater look, but the glue would give you the fudge lines....meaning you can still move the page around a little while the glue is taking hold. There are not do overs with the tape, it will rip the paper if you try to take it back off.
    Does this help at all?
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    I have used the ones with the attaches pages and the protectors- I just makes the pages and slide them in- it works as a sort or extra protection for the pages in my case

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    let me see if I have any links to instructions
    for those kinds of pages

I may have a few booklets for you if you want Minnie
    just pm me and let me know

and it gets very additictive and there are so many fun things to use and get into with scrapbooking...... (just ask Joey lol )

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    I use a 12x12 3 ring binder as my scrapbook. It holds more pages than the strap or post bound books, plus, if I ever have to move a page, it makes it so much easier. As for adhearing, I have used dots (Zots), glue sticks and double sided tape.
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER