Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss Not really DISNEY in the Disneyana forums; But I was "elected" to put together the scrapbook for my Pioneer Council (a volunteer organization where I work). Our theme is "A brand new day in pioneering". If you ...
    GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!

Not really DISNEY

But I was "elected" to put together the scrapbook for my Pioneer Council (a volunteer organization where I work). Our theme is "A brand new day in pioneering".
    If you have ANY ideas.....please share!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Do you mean "pioneer" as in the wild-west-lets-live-in-a -sod-house kinda pioneer or the this-person-invented-something-cool pioneer?

What kind of scrapbook like a general one that the public views in a museum or like the lovely pages that DISNEYDREAMER98 does kinda scrapbook?

I am full of ideas for both on both counts. I have a lot of time on my hands...lol
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Actually, The Pioneers are a group of volunteers. I have no idea why it has that name. So over the course of the year, we take pictures at our events and things we have volunteered for - Habitat for Humanity, Children's Parades, Golf Tournaments......

The book is for memory as well as competition between other councils at our big get together at the end of the year....

THANKS!!!

wow...quite a bit of variety...great that you do the volunteer stuff BTW....hmmmm....mind gears working...since the theme is "brand new day" what about the opening page being some shots of you guys at sunrise(group shot thing) with all your tools and raring to go and kinda make it like you did all that stuff in one day for the inside pages and the last page a group shot at sunset or evening all tuckered out looking-passed out on the ground tools all spread about, dirty faces etc. Maybe a short little journaling from Taps(day is done gone the sun...etc)or as a title for that page...

As for the inside pages...do you have any ideas in mind or do you need things for those too?

Told ya I had a lot of time on my hands.....LOL

Those are some GREAT ideas! Thank you!

Your Welcome!
    You know that time on my hands thing. ...LOL
    Good luck with it and let us know if your group wins something at the national level(or whatever) Need more help, just yell

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Hey GaRain! My first scrapbook page that I am working on is Pocahontas and Her Forest Friends. I was thinking of putting some feathers tied with a leather string on the page. How do I tell if the feathers and/or leather are safe (ie. acid free)?
    They call me "Nana"

Most leather that you can get from an arts on crafts store is processed and most likely not good to use in your scrapbook. Make sure to look in the scrapbooking section - they do carry material and cords and such that are safe to use.

If worse comes to worse and you just have to use it, try putting it together and laminating it!?