Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss You Guys make me sick in the Disneyana forums; Jerrame, I have no clue what I'm doing either, so we can to it together no matter how bad it is! I am still working on my first layout and ...
    iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Jerrame, I have no clue what I'm doing either, so we can to it together no matter how bad it is! I am still working on my first layout and have been for over three weeks now! I was just going through some new stuff I got yesterday (thanks to a very sweet lady on this board) and went upstairs in the middle of the night to rearrange some of the things on my page and it worked GREAT! I still haven't attached anything. I'm tweaking it before I do. I want to make sure it is exactly how I want it.
    They call me "Nana"

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Not sure if you get the newspaper but AC Moores usually has a 40% off coupon every Wed which is good until the following Tues. Also, Michaels has 40% coupons that come about once a month or so in the Sunday paper and are good Sun-Sat. You can use their coupons at AC Moores and visa versa. They are only for one regular priced item but if the scrapbook is 29.99 and NOT on sale you can get it at 40% off. Some AC Moore employees are nice enough to give you a coupon or at least the 40% off if you don't get one in the paper. Just ask......

Most of the books I did were for baby/wedding shower, or birthday gifts and was silly to never have scanned/photographed them. I have the first page I ever did though and I'll have to put that out there. I know there are people who redo their first few books after a few years of scapping so redo is always an option.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    Jerrame, I have no clue what I'm doing either, so we can to it together no matter how bad it is! I am still working on my first layout and have been for over three weeks now! I was just going through some new stuff I got yesterday (thanks to a very sweet lady on this board) and went upstairs in the middle of the night to rearrange some of the things on my page and it worked GREAT! I still haven't attached anything. I'm tweaking it before I do. I want to make sure it is exactly how I want it.
    Just a tip for the both of you. If you use an item called Hermafix....you can attach and reattach as many times as you would like! It is the best adhesive on the market as far as I am concerned!

Quote Originally Posted by Goofygirl
    I know there are people who redo their first few books after a few years of scapping so redo is always an option.
    Yes...always an option, but it is so nice to be able to look back and see your growth and how much better you are later on down the road!

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    Yes...always an option, but it is so nice to be able to look back and see your growth and how much better you are later on down the road!

I agree with you....there is as much personality in the original pages as there are in the current ones. I would never change them!
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    good glad to hear it

want to know where to get the stuff you were talking about

and it is so addicting and relaxing at the same time

I have to post some of mine

I think Tampas are the best so far

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Those 40% off coupons are awesome! I love to use them and get those big stacks of paper called "slabs". I am so bad at buying pretty patterned paper and never using it. I have finally used some of my color blocked Disney paper and I think it turned out pretty well.

I got a Mickey scrapbook for Christmas and bought that princess one you mentioned for my neice - on sale 40% off!!! My friend received one with Tinkerbell on it during one of her bridal showers - I want that one!!!

One thing y'all should know....scrapbooking is creative and fun. When it gets to be a chore, you are doing something wrong. Stop, step back and take a break. I have to say I throw all my trash and pieces of paper and sticker backs on the floor when I am working and one of my favorite things to do is clean that up when I am done for the day. I look at my pile as a sense of accomplishment - look at all the trash I made!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Not sure if you get the newspaper but AC Moores usually has a 40% off coupon every Wed which is good until the following Tues. Also, Michaels has 40% coupons that come about once a month or so in the Sunday paper and are good Sun-Sat. You can use their coupons at AC Moores and visa versa. They are only for one regular priced item but if the scrapbook is 29.99 and NOT on sale you can get it at 40% off. Some AC Moore employees are nice enough to give you a coupon or at least the 40% off if you don't get one in the paper. Just ask......

Most of the books I did were for baby/wedding shower, or birthday gifts and was silly to never have scanned/photographed them. I have the first page I ever did though and I'll have to put that out there. I know there are people who redo their first few books after a few years of scapping so redo is always an option.

no AC Moores here
    but we bet the same 40% coupons here for Michaels and Joannes- I love going in with those coupons

Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    no AC Moores here
    but we bet the same 40% coupons here for Michaels and Joannes- I love going in with those coupons

I forgot about Joanne's........we have them here but only the Joanne's ETC is very good for scrapbook stuf. They stopped sending me their flyers so I will have to remember to get back on the mailing list.

GaRain: You are right about those "slabs".....we also got 2 sets of the 8X8 pack of plain cardstock and they work great when you are doing that size book.

I love the new black 8X8 Mickey album.......

http://store.scrapbook.com/ek-dalm004.html

It's also in 12X12......
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Okay guys I will be an offical scarpbooker by tomorrow. I'm off to buy the books at AC Moore hopefully I won't go overboard. I will keep you guys posted

Does anyone know if Micheals is cheaper than AC Moore?

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    Okay guys I will be an offical scarpbooker by tomorrow. I'm off to buy the books at AC Moore hopefully I won't go overboard. I will keep you guys posted

Does anyone know if Micheals is cheaper than AC Moore?
    Jerrame, we do not have an AC Moore in the area so I cannot help you with that.

Try your best not to go overboard. There are lots of things that you will want...but more importantly, there are lots of things that you will need! So the needs should outway the wants! Did you see my previous post about buying Hermafix as your adhesive? I have tried numerous items and swear by Hermafix! If they do not have it at AC Moores or Michaels any specialty scrapbook store should have it. If you have any questions about anything you know I've got your back girl!!!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I love the new black 8X8 Mickey album.......

http://store.scrapbook.com/ek-dalm004.html

It's also in 12X12......
    I have me on the waiting list for that 12x12 album at Scrapstop.com! Love it and WANT IT!!
    I tend to go with the 12x12 pages more than any other....

Found out that the big scrap thing at Michael's tomorrow is at all the Michael's. So, I don't think I will go to my store (they are kinda small) and figure out a bigger one to go to.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    Found out that the big scrap thing at Michael's tomorrow is at all the Michael's. So, I don't think I will go to my store (they are kinda small) and figure out a bigger one to go to.
    I know that this is not in your neck of the woods Lara but, the Michael's off of Barrett Pkwy. (Towne Center Mall) is one of the largest ones that they have. It's straight up 75. There is also a scrapbook clearence store right across the street . I have not been in there yet...I guess I need to . I just remembered, there is also a Joanns on the other side of the hwy .
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Quote Originally Posted by zcook9
    I know that this is not in your neck of the woods Lara but, the Michael's off of Barrett Pkwy. (Towne Center Mall) is one of the largest ones that they have. It's straight up 75. There is also a scrapbook clearence store right across the street . I have not been in there yet...I guess I need to . I just remembered, there is also a Joanns on the other side of the hwy .
    Wish I didn't live so far away! I want to come too! (I have a Michael's and Joann's Etc. less than 2 miles away from me). I think it would be SO MUCH fun if a group of us could get together and scrap for a weekend or something! I would suggest a WDW meet...but who would want to stay in their room???

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    Wish I didn't live so far away! I want to come too! (I have a Michael's and Joann's Etc. less than 2 miles away from me). I think it would be SO MUCH fun if a group of us could get together and scrap for a weekend or something! I would suggest a WDW meet...but who would want to stay in their room???
    Sounds like fun Melissa ...Oh wait, reality just hit . We all need those cameras on our computers .
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast