Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss You Guys make me sick in the Disneyana forums; Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 Jerrame, we do not have an AC Moore in the area so I cannot help you with that. Try your best not to go overboard. There ...
    JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    Jerrame, we do not have an AC Moore in the area so I cannot help you with that.

Try your best not to go overboard. There are lots of things that you will want...but more importantly, there are lots of things that you will need! So the needs should outway the wants! Did you see my previous post about buying Hermafix as your adhesive? I have tried numerous items and swear by Hermafix! If they do not have it at AC Moores or Michaels any specialty scrapbook store should have it. If you have any questions about anything you know I've got your back girl!!!
    Hey Melissa

What excatly is Hermafix is that something I need to start out with? I'm going to the store later today to pick up the books and I need to know what do I need to purchase as far as what do I need to get to stick the picture on the book. Is it that stuff and do all arts and craft stores have them?

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Jerrame,

Hermafix- great product! It's a dispenser and you can get either dots or squares. Make sure you get a couple of refills.
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Jerrame, go into my photo gallery. I have added a picture of a Hermafix dispenser and refill. I highly recommend these products to you! Hermafix is an actual adhesive that you will use to apply your photos and embellishments to your pages. They come in all different colors (just so you aren't specifically looking for a green one). A few other things that I would suggest you buy to get you started would be a picture cloth (these are just like 5x5 inch squares of silky material) that you use to wipe your pictures off with after adhering them. Would also suggest a 12X12 paper cutter. And of course you need archival quality markers for journaling. Just remember ACID FREE on everything you purchase!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Jer - you will be fine. No stress! Pick out what you like and what appeals to you. Keep in mind the type of pictures you have and how you would like to display them.

I have not used hermafix myself, but have had no trouble with the scrapbook glue I use. I did not like the tape as much, some of my heavier paper wouldn't stick. I like the idea of the thing that you wipe your pictures off with - must get me one of those!
    Remember, it is all a matter of preference. You do what you like and I am sure it will be wonderful!!!!!
    Basic things you need: an album, various colored paper (acid free), glue or other adhesive, journaling markers (remember, acid free, we don't want our pictures ruined) and some great pictures!!!! You can always go back and add stickers, frames and such. I am adicted to buying all those scissors that cut funky patterns....those are ALWAYS on sale at Michaels at like 2 for $1......
    HAVE FUN!!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    Does anyone know if Micheals is cheaper than AC Moore?

Just so you know....AC Moore is usually cheaper than Michaels
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    but Michaels has those lovely 40% off coupons.........

and some of us arent as lucky to have AC moore around

there is a limited but cool selection at our Targets around here

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    but Michaels has those lovely 40% off coupons.........

and some of us arent as lucky to have AC moore around

there is a limited but cool selection at our Targets around here
    Our Target has had their scrap stuff all marked down. Also, you can get stuff at....dare I say it... Wal-Mart. Some of them are better than others and they do have the cheapest prices out of anyone.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

I am really careful about saying anything about Wal-mart (they do have a lot of great scrapping stuff)

I got flamed on another board and man i dont want to have to deal with any of that flack again

now I have to call my SIL in Ct and beg her to go to an AC moore and get me some scrapping stuff

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    http://memories.com/stores/ If you leave near a Memories, they are great for getting stuff and have sales a lot.

Also...best thing to do to get started, take a class.

Creative Memories is also really good for beginners. Good quality products and soild foundation to get started.

Okay gang I got the Princess book. I will say this scrapbooking is very very very additicve. I went nuts in AC Moore I spent about $60 on materials. I started tonight so I will have to take pictures because I need suggestions plus I need to get more pictures when we head back down this December.They didn't have the Hermafix but they did have different types of scrapbooking glue so I pick a cheap bottle up. They had all of the memory paper on sale at 40% off. So I got a lot with Disney characters on them. Also I got theme Disney stickers they were also on sale. I also saw a lot of stuff at Target so I got a few thing there. I realize that I did have alot thing at home such as my paints and fabric paints, beads, jewels, foam, ribbions and the all of that stuff. I like to think as myself as crafty but no were near as creative as you guys.But thanks so much for the advice and suggestions. I will admit this is so much fun I even had the youngest DD helping since it is her book. Couldn't keep her away if I tried.

BTW don't scrapbook on your bed in your bedroom if you have a dog thats 8 pounds. Because my dog was all over everything he has glitter and glue all over his paws and he stepped on pages. I don't think he ever got yelled at as much as he did tonight.

make the area is cat proof too

one had stickers on her hind end

my husband wanted to know what Cinderella was doing there

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I took pictures of some of my pages this weekend, now I just have to upload them!

Hmmm, Target having scrap supplies on sale? Must make a stop this afternoon. While the amount is small, they do have some good stuff!
    I need some sort of flat thing to put on my kitchen table, as that is where I work - I have to spread everything out! But it is a tiled table and not always good with a large flat surface....
    My cat that just passed away used to climb on one of the chairs and just watch me. Never had any sticker issues with him though. The other cat loves to roll around in my trash pile though, so I could see that happening.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Every time I read the title to this thread... I have to look and remind myself that it's about scrapbooking.....

Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    Every time I read the title to this thread... I have to look and remind myself that it's about scrapbooking.....
    \

Sorry Lori just me trying to be creative

Hey guys I broght some scarpbooking glue and use it on a couple of my pages I notice that the pages are starting to buckle after it drys is there something else I can use?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast