Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss You Guys make me sick in the Disneyana forums; I want to say to all you scrapbooker I totally hate you guys. Okay I took four year of High School art two of them being advance Fine Art, Graphic ...
    JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO

You Guys make me sick

I want to say to all you scrapbooker I totally hate you guys. Okay I took four year of High School art two of them being advance Fine Art, Graphic Design and Basic art and I never in a million year can be as creative as you guys. I have been looking at everyones scrapebooks with such awe. You guys are very creative they are all so Beauitifully done. I could never do half of what you guys done. I just went to AC Moore the other day and saw two scarpbooks one with the Princesses and the other with Pooh. I was going to pick them up but I was afraid that once I got started I wouldn't know where to begin and they wouldn't come out half as nice as you guys. So I'm biting the bullet and I'm going to get them this week. I mean I had no idea all the stuff you could get and it a great way to keep our Disney photos together, becasue right now they are either in a Disney photo album or in a box or all over the place. The only way they are even in any order is becasue I scanned them in the computer. So I'm reaching out to you scarpbooker and asking for suggestion on how to get started. So please share your tricks of the trade. Thanks gang

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!

My best advice

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    I want to say to all you scrapbooker I totally hate you guys. Okay I took four year of High School art two of them being advance Fine Art, Graphic Design and Basic art and I never in a million year can be as creative as you guys. I have been looking at everyones scrapebooks with such awe. You guys are very creative they are all so Beauitifully done. I could never do half of what you guys done. I just went to AC Moore the other day and saw two scarpbooks one with the Princesses and the other with Pooh. I was going to pick them up but I was afraid that once I got started I wouldn't know where to begin and they wouldn't come out half as nice as you guys. So I'm biting the bullet and I'm going to get them this week. I mean I had no idea all the stuff you could get and it a great way to keep our Disney photos together, becasue right now they are either in a Disney photo album or in a box or all over the place. The only way they are even in any order is becasue I scanned them in the computer. So I'm reaching out to you scarpbooker and asking for suggestion on how to get started. So please share your tricks of the trade. Thanks gang
    Don't be scared or nervous to start. Scrapbooking is VERY addictive...I think almost everyone here would agree . The best advice I can give you is, go with what you like and don't be afraid to experiment. Sometimes when I get into a lull, I will go through some of my magazines and BAM! , I get new ideas. I have taken a layout and tweaked it for just my photos. You are more that welcome to use any of my layouts to copy or use as ideas. Remember, you can go back and "redo" a page... it's not hard. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to PM me and I will try to help you out or give you ideas.
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Don't be a hater! Join in and have fun! I love looking back at my first pages I ever did.... believe me....I didn't start out good either! It's a learning process as is everything in life! That's what is so great about this forum, we can all share ideas with each other!

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Hey Jer! I'm happy to help too, Feel free to use any of my layouts. I tend to take different elements from lots of places to make one layout. Hmmm.....maybe we could do a Scrapbooking Chat one night in the chat room...... :thinking: I got your PM, I will send the info you requested......just as soon as my head stops pounding.....
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

I'll have to post my first page I ever did... .
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Quote Originally Posted by zcook9
    I'll have to post my first page I ever did... .

Hee Hee Hee....Mine is awful, it will never see the light of day!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Thanks guys for the good advice. Quesiton the two scrapbooks I saw were both $29.99 is that too much to begin or should I start out with something cheaper? I thought they were cute because of the Disney themeing.

Believe me Bonny, you will laugh your fanny off when you see mine .
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Oh yeah I'm not sure if they hav AC Moore in some of you guys state but they had some really great 3D Disney stickers and Disney scrapbooking pages.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    Thanks guys for the good advice. Quesiton the two scrapbooks I saw were both $29.99 is that too much to begin or should I start out with something cheaper? I thought they were cute because of the Disney themeing.
    That $ sounds pretty good to me. Are they 12x12 or 8 1/2X11 books? Also, I can give you a couple of great web sites that I have bought a lot of Disney scrapbooking supplies from. Just PM me and I will let you know.
    I can't wait to see your first page .
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Laura is right Jerrame....it is VERY addicting!!!! Just ask my DH about my habit! It is also very expensive! Don't jump in and buy a bunch of stuff that you probably will not end up needing. Just buy as you go. I made the mistake when I first started of just picking things up that I liked at the time (meaning stickers and such) and they are just collecting dust! With your art classes to back you up, I am sure that you will be a pro in no time!!! And even if you aren't...it's all about the fun of doing it! Your children and your children's children will have something very special that you created!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    Laura is right Jerrame....it is VERY addicting!!!! Just ask my DH about my habit! It is also very expensive! Don't jump in and buy a bunch of stuff that you probably will not end up needing. Just buy as you go. I made the mistake when I first started of just picking things up that I liked at the time (meaning stickers and such) and they are just collecting dust! With your art classes to back you up, I am sure that you will be a pro in no time!!! And even if you aren't...it's all about the fun of doing it! Your children and your children's children will have something very special that you created!
    Thanks Melissa you have know idea the ideas swirling in my head right now. I was thinking the same thing about getting things as I go along. Because I saw a lot of stuff in the craft store and was like wow look at that and look at this. Then I realized that if I was to buy everything I saw it probaly would of been way over $100 and I'm not even a pro at this yet . Put I soon will be with you guys help. So what I'm going to do is buy the books first I think the Princess one for youngest DD and Pooh for the oldest. I thought they might like to have one each. If I get any good at this I'm going to have to start a cheerleader one for them as well.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    YEAH! You are gonna be one of us before you know it! Hey, is there a scrapbooking smiley somewhere? hee hee

$29.99 is about average for a "themed" scrapbook. The thing with Disney is that they put out so much stuff, it is easy to get carried away. I tend to buy things when I see them on sale to add to my collection and then figure out what I am gonna do with them later.
    Don't try to start doing a bunch of fancy things, remember this is a way to keep your memories and to show them off. With your artistic ways, it will be a snap!
    Just start easy. Journaling is a great way to explain your pictures and write down your memories. It doesn't have to be fancy, just you!

Ok, my goal this weekend has been to take pictures of my favorite pages and to post them. I will make sure to take a picture of my first ever pages so that you can laugh at them!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    It doesn't have to be fancy, just you!

Ok, my goal this weekend has been to take pictures of my favorite pages and to post them. I will make sure to take a picture of my first ever pages so that you can laugh at them!
    Very well said Lara. .

We won't laugh at your pages ...NEVER!
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

I won't either I would be crazy to since I have no clue what the hecking I'm doing.

You guys have me hooked already.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast