Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss Disney Scrapping Challenge in the Disneyana forums; Would anyone be interested in starting a scrapping challenge on this board? What a challenge is, is the challenge host (that would be me) would post a task and set ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

Disney Scrapping Challenge

Would anyone be interested in starting a scrapping challenge on this board?

What a challenge is, is the challenge host (that would be me) would post a task and set a timeframe. When the deadline has past we all post our layouts and share in each other’s talents! It's a fun way to work on pages if you are backlogged and it's a great way to try new techniques you might not normally do!

Some examples of a challenge could be:

Create a layout for the Haunted Mansion
    or
    Create a Disney layout using stamps

Anyone game? If so, sign up here and I'll get the ball rolling. If you can't make all the challenges it's completely fine...I just would like interested parties to sign up so I can see if it is worth putting the time into creating them.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Sign me up. I'm in.
    They call me "Nana"

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Maybe this will give me the push I need to get going.......I'm in!
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Same here Goofygirl. Push me away Stitch. Sounds like fun and since my camera is still down it is lucky I do my pages (I am only 2 years behind) in 8 1/2 x 11 so I can still scan them in. This is a great way not to seem overwhelmed in having to do them all at once. Waiting for the 1st challenge. Great Idea!
    Last edited by vixen101485; 07-02-2006 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Forgot to finish my sentence...lol

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    I'm in!
    Tina

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I'm in, I finished my Disney ABC book last week, and just haven't felt like working on anything, I've got 2 disney albums to finish before I go in August.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

Awesome! I can't believe I missed that you all signed up! Very cool...so this is a go. I'll start planning the first challenge! I am going to post the 1st challenge on July 17th (the Monday after the NE meet) because there will be a bunch of scrappers there I want to try to get into the challenge...that and I have to finish a bunch of stuff for the auction!

In the meantime what you can do to get ready is make sure you have your pictures handy and spread the word about it!

This is going to be so much fun!

ALSO: To all non scrappers....if you are not a scrapper, but are interested in learning or just want to do something fun with all your WDW picks, join along...we'll all help you with anything you need!
    Last edited by Stitch; 07-03-2006 at 11:23 AM.

Keoki is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'd like to be included in this. Sounds like fun!!

The more the merrier!

Welcome!

JCorduroy is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Count my wife and I in. We've been looking for an excuse to start scrapping our Disney stuff.
    " Video Games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll. "

"What if, on a crowded street, you look up and see something appear that should not, given what we know, be there. You either shake your head and dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than we think. Perhaps it really is a doorway to another place. If you choose to go inside you may find many unexpected things."

- Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of Mario

barrmel is offline A-Ticket holder
    Please include me in the challenge. I am leaving for DW on Saturday for 6 wonderful days. Just got back 2 days at DL in June. Can you tell I am a Mickey fan???

KittieKathChick is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I'm in! And I've already got my album for my upcoming trip. This will be great inspiration. And if you need someone to help you come up with challenge ideas, just let me know!
    Last edited by KittieKathChick; 07-03-2006 at 05:14 PM.

I love thissmilie!

Lovin' me some Jack Sparrow.
    Going back in May 2009.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    LOL...maybe with all the ppl already interested you might want to give us a pre-challenge-challenge. Then all the ppl from the meet can do the second one or the third one. One page shouldnt take more then a week, right? Something easy perhaps? Besides, I am so bored this week I need something to entertain my brain.

Keep me busy and give me a reason not to do housework. LOL

baccimia is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm in too....I have pics from my last trip that I haven't started and I have two trips this fall that I will have more pictures from!!

Wow....such a turnout! This is awesome.

Unfortunately, the reason I am starting the challenge on the 17th is not to wait for people at the meet, but because I have a ton of projects I have to finish before the meet.

Some things you can all do in the next 2 weeks to weeks to get ready for the 1st challenge:

- Organize your photos...if you take digital start printing out ones you want to scrap. A couple of good online places to send digital photos for printing are: winkflash.com, snapfish.com, or scrapbookpictures.com
    - Each challenge is going to run 2 weeks, so if you need to organize your supplies so you are ready to go, now is a good time.
    - Get you album in order...are you going to start a new album, or use an old one? Figure out what size you want to work with, so you don't start making pages in one size and your album ends up being a different size.
    - Spread the word to other DWT members and other Disney scrappers....the more we have the more inspired we will be!
    - Practice uploading layout and photos to the DWT gallery...this is were you are going to post your challenge layouts.
    - If you want to scan 12x12 layouts but aren't sure how to do it or have a scanner that fits 12x12, I'll post info about stitching software.

So welcome all! I'm so glad you decided to play!
    Last edited by Stitch; 07-03-2006 at 08:50 PM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast