Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What kind of Challenges do you want?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss Opinion Needed on Challenges in the Disneyana forums; Okay I have a question... I'm going to be starting a few more challenges to get people going, but I would like to know if you want them to be ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

Opinion Needed on Challenges

Okay I have a question...

I'm going to be starting a few more challenges to get people going, but I would like to know if you want them to be all Disney related, or do you want some non-Disney ones?

Also, would you like to see some other papercraft challenges, such as altered items, mini books, home decor?

I am so far behind on my Disney books that I prefer to work only on Disney, but you can always use creative ideas and adapt them to work for your Disney scrapbook.

Love the papercraft challenge idea! Guess you could always do separate threads and that way people can pick and choose which ones they want to participate in.

Thanks so much for doing this April. I love the fact that I am pretty much guaranteed to get at least on page complete a week.

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I voted for anything, because I'll do anything, I've started doing theme mini books, just completed one this weekend that was all quiz questions.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

I have a ton of ideas for things to do, I just need to get a sense of people's styles and such....I mean I would hate to create a challenge that no one could do if it is too hard and such.

I am also going to talk about a technique at least once a month and lots of other goodies....just going to take some time to sort out the mess of stuff in my head so that it makes sense to everyone else. I'm also altering the current challenge to accomidate the multiple levels of talent we have.

So look out for things to explode on the DWT Scrappin' Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch

WAHOO! Glad to hear it!!! Can't wait!

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    I know I will only participate in Disney scrapbook pages and card challenges so if you have any other types of challenges I won't slow you guys down.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    You mean there are other kinds of scrapbooks and paper crafts?

Oh, and I have no style. It's pretty much glue on the picture and the title and viola!
    They call me "Nana"

disneycdk is offline A-Ticket holder
    I am getting a lot of pages ready in advance for our trip in September. I am working on the favorite character challenge and should have it ready this week. Even if I don't get it done in time for the deadline, at least I will have another page done.

I have almost 200 pages ready for pictures. But I know that once I get pictures there will still be lots to do. What with embellishments etc.

I love to see what others are doing and am not the least bit shy about scraplifting ideas. I have no shame at all.

I like the idea of different threads for different challenges. Kindred Creations does that and it seems to work really well. There are things I am not interested in so I don't do those. But the ones I like help me get pages done.

Right now it's about a million degrees in the Seattle area so I am not scrappin'. I kept sticking to my paper (ewww!) so I figured I better wait until it cools down some. Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler.

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    disneycdk, can't wait to see your pages....it sounds like you make them in advance and then take pictures that will go on a page? Is that how you do it?

I used to travel to Renton with my old company and remember a place to eat that served on hubcaps but forgot the name. Anyway, it is sticky here in CT so we have the same problem. Come on fall and winter!!!!
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

disneycdk is offline A-Ticket holder
    I do the pages in advance when it's a big trip like this. I have a list of pictures I particularly want but otherwise I just "go with the flow". Most of my pages are pretty generic Disney. I started out doing only one book. Quickly realized that it was not going to be enough. I think I will do one album for each park and one for all the DTD etc. We'll see. I may wind up taking 5 pictures and having lots of pages left. ROFLMMEO.

Oh and the only place I know that serves food on a hubcap is Jimmie Mac's. You can throw your peanut shells on the floor and the food is fabulous.

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    Hurray!!!
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Yeah, what she said.^^

April, do you have a list of different challanges already to go...
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Quote Originally Posted by zcook9
    April, do you have a list of different challanges already to go...

Yes, in my head.

I'm working on a new one that I want to start tomorrow and run for 2 week (Wed to Wed). I'm mostly going to post that one tonight...be warned it is NOT WDW related.

I also have a card one to start on Fri that will run 2 weeks (Fri to Fri)

Plans are also being put down to Teach a Technique (once or twice a month), start a CJ, organize a swap, and other items...so stick with me until I can get everything running.

And if I need help, I'll let you all know!

I can't wait to hear your ideas and challenges!
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast