Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss Scrapbooking and Card Sketches in the Disneyana forums; A scrapbooking or card sketch is a drawing that a designer creates to help scrappers create layouts. These sketches can be followed 100% or they can be used loosely as ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius

Scrapbooking and Card Sketches

A scrapbooking or card sketch is a drawing that a designer creates to help scrappers create layouts. These sketches can be followed 100% or they can be used loosely as a guide.

Sketches are created with a certain page size in mind, but will a little bit of adjusting they can be tailored to fit any size. Same thing with card sketches…see one you like, make it in to a page!

Here are some examples of a card sketch and a scrapbooking one, and the items made from them.

5 x 5 Card Sketch

Card Created from Sketch

8 x 8 Layout Sketch

Layout created from Sketch

Some excellent websites to find free sketches are:
    Pagemaps and Sketchlover
    Both websites contain sketches for 8 1/2 x 11 and 12 x 12 layouts.

There are also some books out there that are nothing but sketches and samples made from the sketches.

- Creative Sketches for Scrapbooking by Becky Higgins
    (Available in a volume 1 and 2)

- The Joy of Card Making

- The Joy of Card Making: A Second Helping

Any questions?
    Last edited by Stitch; 05-08-2008 at 09:48 PM. Reason: fixed broken images

That's cool. Those could be really helpful to those who have a hard time deciding placement for their pages.

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Thank you April. This might help me from taking 2 hours to work on 1 page!
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I never think to sketch out anything, but I love these layouts!
    Thanks for posting these!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    a another site for sketches is Scrap Maps. She has 12x12, 8.5x11, 11x8.5, and 8x8.
    Last edited by AnnF; 07-29-2006 at 01:39 PM. Reason: make link

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    This is really great......you are really trying to get me going on this stuff aren't you?
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Quote Originally Posted by Goofygirl
    This is really great......you are really trying to get me going on this stuff aren't you?

You mean April isn't at home doing this to you....

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Um, yeah but I really didin't want anyone to know....ouch! She actually played the mom and bribed me by saying she would get me a Cricut, which I really want, if I continued to scrap.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Quote Originally Posted by Goofygirl
    Um, yeah but I really didin't want anyone to know....ouch! She actually played the mom and bribed me by saying she would get me a Cricut, which I really want, if I continued to scrap.

Well....obviously it worked!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnF
    a another site for sketches is Scrap Maps. She has 12x12, 8.5x11, 11x8.5, and 8x8.

TY for the link Ann. Those are awesome. I usually have to play around with my layouts more then I like cause I work in the 8 1/2 x 11 size and have to adapt the 12x12 ideas I see to fit. THere are some neat ideas that I already have my brain working on there. LOL

OH>>>>what is a Cricut? sounds like a torture device. "if you dont behave I will have to cricut you...HA"

I am in sarcasm mode today-money issues are making me cranky. Ignore me, everyone else does.

Did you check out the links I posted, I made sure they had 8.5x11 just for you!

Cricut - pronouced Cricket...an electronic die cutting system from Provocraft.

http://www.provocraft.com/products/i....php?cl=cricut

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    lol...i didnt even see them ty on both counts

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Cricut is in my opinion one of the best die cut machines out there, I use the one at work all the time. I have some examples at home I'll see if I can post one later,

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

Quote Originally Posted by AnnF
    Cricut is in my opinion one of the best die cut machines out there, I use the one at work all the time. I have some examples at home I'll see if I can post one later,
    I agree it is a great electronic die cut machine....but my heart still belongs to Quickutz.

michelle320 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Being new to this group I haven't quite figured out how to navigate everything. Where do I post my work if I get this challenge done? Is there another message on the board for results for the challenges? Sorry I don't have a clue! I might be asking for more help in the future so be gentle with me. ;o)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast