Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Scrapbooking Discuss Scrapbooking on a budget in the Disneyana forums; Since quitting my job to become a SAHM in July, we have had to make quite a few adjustments now that we are a one-income family. I am loving being ...
    nestinggal is offline D-Ticket Holder

Scrapbooking on a budget

Since quitting my job to become a SAHM in July, we have had to make quite a few adjustments now that we are a one-income family. I am loving being at home and would not go back to work now for anything (except I may have to get a PT job for fun money). One of the adjustments has been not being able to run out and pick up whatever scrapbooking supplies I needed for my latest project.

Needless to say I am interested in hearing how others cut corners to keep cropping. Please share your favorite budget scrapbooking tips.

Iíll start:

1. Purchase frequently used colors (white, black, ivory) of cardstock at your local office supply store. Most of the cardstock they carry is acid free and a fraction of the price you would pay at your LSS. (Example: pack of 250 sheets at Staples is $8.98 (less than four cents a piece) vs. a pack of 36 sheets at Archivers for $4.49 (twelve cents a sheet). This is also great if you do a lot of card making--one sheet of 8 Ĺ x 11 makes two standard size cards.

2. This one is a Disney one: Download free clip art off the internet and print out on cardstock to make your own page accents. I did this for my AAM #2 challenge page (Aladdin) and I am printing and cutting out several more characters to use for DS autograph book.

Here is a website with tons of Disney characters (I think I first got the link from the DWT site): www.disneyclips.com
    Raelynn

August: 2009: 40th Birthday trip & Free Dining: Pop Century
    October 2006: 10th Anniversary/DS 1st trip: All Star Movies

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Wow! Thanks for the information. Congratulations on your new 'job'! It is one of the most rewarding jobs in the world.

hugemickeyfan is offline A-Ticket holder
    I agree about being a stay at home mom is the best job there is. Until recently (I start full time on monday) I have worked part time so I got to almost be a stay at home mom. Someday I will get there again. Scrapbooking on a budget well I do like the clip art idea. You could also make stickers out of them with one of those Xyron gadgets. I love mine. Then you wouldn't have to purchases sticker packs and not use them all. I have also found buying my cardstock colors in bulk is much cheaper than individually. You can buy the packs of colors at most crafts stores. Sometimes you can find a varity of shades for less than $5.00. I also have several websites in my favorite and I check them often for items on specials, clearance or maybe free shipping.

Huge Mickey Fan

thesnowwhite is offline A-Ticket holder
    I look at jewellry stores for clearance jewellry...like 10 or $10 then take apart the charms, chains, etc to use on pages...then the charm is under a dollar versus the $4-7 you see at craft stores.
    Also, the dollar store here in Canada has great stuff...like vellum tages 6 for a dollar...that is great for the budget!
    Shari

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Wow, I never thought about looking at Claire's for scrapbooking items! That is a great idea!