Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Vacation Club Discuss Becoming Fed Up With DVC - Long post... in the Vacation Planning forums; I am so frustrated right now screaming into a pillow hasn't helped! We had a problem the past 2 years during a trip to WDW using our DVC points at ...
    Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder

Becoming Fed Up With DVC - Long post...

I am so frustrated right now screaming into a pillow hasn't helped! We had a problem the past 2 years during a trip to WDW using our DVC points at BCV. We love BCV so that isn't the problem, it is the way we are being treated by DVC itself!
    I always call in EXACTLY 11 months out from our check out date as this is what we have been told to do by DVC. Once again I did this as I have always done and we needed a 2 bedroom with 2 queen beds in the second room. I was told I would have this when I called, when I checked the reservation a couple of months later I found out we were booked for a 2 bedroom with 1 queen and 1 sofa bed. When I called immediately they told there there were no rooms with 2 queen beds available. So I was put on a waitlist. I have been calling fairly regularly since then to check to see if anything opened up. Today I ended up speaking to a Supervisor who was very helpful but I also emailed and got a not so nice response back. The response told me most DVC members call DAILY to reserve an entire weeks stay and link the stays together. WHAT AN INCONVIENCE! I **LOVE* going to and staying at Disney but DVC is becoming a HUGE Disappointment. I have been doing everything exactly as we were told to by a DVC representative and then get told I am in the wrong. I am beginning to think Disney isn't caring at all about the guests who come back time year after year or more often who belong to DVC. This is just one more way I have been blamed for doing what I was told. I can't even figure out how to reach anyone at the corporate level to let them know how I am being treated as a guest. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I **HATE** feeling like this because I usually love the Disney Magic.....but this isn't so magical!!!!!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    So sorry to hear you're having so many problems with DVC!

As for how to contact Disney corporate, AllEars has a list of addresses: http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/contact.htm

Good luck
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Wow that is really surprising to me. We bought in at Saratoga almost 3 years ago and haven't had one problem. We almost always get the rooms we request and the only time we dont is when we call like a week before and that is understandable. We have really thought that our DVC membership has been great. We usually got about 3 or 4 weeks a year with it and never have any problems.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    The Day by Day booking style is not one Disney promotes but they will gladly book with a smile.

I believe it was developed by members trying to book highly desirable room views (Boardwalk Views or Standard Views at BWV), desired room size in the smaller resorts and/or resort locations during peak times (ie: BCV and BWV during F&W festival).

From what I hear (I have never actually done this) You call 11months out from the first day of your reservation and book day one (keep the reservation number handy). Each day you call back and add another day to your reservation. You can also tell the CM what you are doing, that way they will hold paperwork until the reservation is completed.

Now, I believe you have valid complaint about the fact the CM assured you it was indeed a dedicated two bedroom (2 queens) and it ended up as a lock off.

I hope your wait list comes through!

Good Luck1

Luckily for us DS will sleep on the sofa bed with no problem. Well he had no problem for a long weekend last February, this summer we will find out how he likes it for a week!
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I'm sorry to hear you are having so many problems obtaining the type of room you want. I have never had these issues in all my years with DVC.

Best of luck with the waiting list, but maybe...just maybe...BCV isn't the best fit for your room needs? I would think OKW or possibly even SSR would better accommodate your bed needs....but then...you are away from the Epcot Resort area. And I understand wanting to be in the Epcot Resort area...
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    My parents used to be DVC members and we actually sold it due to poor service from DVC when we stayed.

My parents were going to hang onto enough points so we could escape to disney property once a year for a couple days from the house in Celebration, but they just ended up selling it all because our last few vacations there were horrible.

Our worst one was when we were staying there over Father's Day at OKW and we ran to dishwasher and went to go take shower and we came out and our entire living room all the way to the front door was filled with bubbles!

The family before us had used dawn instead of dishwashing soap in the dishwasher!

We called the front Desk and it took them 45 minutes to show up to "assist" us. The person who showed up just kinda stared at it and said "put some towels down" and walked away.

My parents then called again and they demanded a manager out there. It took the manager over an hour to arrive and my dad actually went to the front desk to complain.

When the manager finally showed up they got housekeeping out there to clean up the mess, but they didn't want to move us!

They just said "you're going to have to wash your dishes by hand" and my parents totally flipped out. It was our vacation, you would think they'd move us into another room or something.

Well my dad and the manager had some words and they FINALLY moved us into a room, but they offered us no assistance in moving or anything.

Once we got into that room, half the lights were brunt out and it hadn't been cleaned. There were towels all over the place that had obviously been used. They then told us to move into a different room again.

The manager showed up 2 hours after we moved into our room, and our day was basically ruined. He was apologetic and offered us "free dessert" at Olivia's for dinner. Even though we spent the majority of our day cleaning up their mess and moving around.

Needless to say, my parents complained to the manager again the next day and someone else who was also a manager.

We stayed a few times after this, but this event had cemented it in my parents mind to sell because they obviously didn't care.

The mangaer even admitted it wasn't our fault, you could tell it was the family before us, and he apologized for their "lack of action" but didn't offer us anything.

Although we are still really close friends with our DVC salesmen who sold it to us! my parents might try again in the distant future, but they haven't looked at Disney the same way then and it made them so fed up they sold all of it.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thank you everyone for your feedback and comments - I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will keep you updated on the situation!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

Dale-not-Chip is offline B-Ticket Holder
    . Today I ended up speaking to a Supervisor who was very helpful but I also emailed and got a not so nice response back.
    So the email was sent before you spoke to the manager? you say the manager was helpful. In what way? If the Manager resolved your situation that will trump the email responce.

Just remember DVC or not we are dealing with a large company filled with real people. You could have had the same results with regular Disney reservation or anywhere else. I'm not saying this to say your issue is not valid just don't let it ruin your entire membership.