Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Vacation Club Discuss I'm so glad... in the Vacation Planning forums; ...that DVC is building more. We called this morning to make reservations for October 18-23, 2007 since we received the Food & Wine Festival schedule over the weekend. Most nights ...
    Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder

Exclamation I'm so glad...

...that DVC is building more. We called this morning to make reservations for October 18-23, 2007 since we received the Food & Wine Festival schedule over the weekend. Most nights were sold out at ALL DVC resorts. They said it was due to all the different events happening at the same time at WDW. We had to settle for the week before and even then we didn't have a choice of resorts. Saratoga Springs was the only resort with availability.

Sorry, I just had to vent a little. Things have changed a lot from when we first became members some 7 years ago. Back then we could call anytime and get a room for just about anytime we wanted.
    Check out my blog or MySpace.

DVCMike is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    ...that DVC is building more. We called this morning to make reservations for October 18-23, 2007 since we received the Food & Wine Festival schedule over the weekend. Most nights were sold out at ALL DVC resorts. They said it was due to all the different events happening at the same time at WDW. We had to settle for the week before and even then we didn't have a choice of resorts. Saratoga Springs was the only resort with availability.

Sorry, I just had to vent a little. Things have changed a lot from when we first became members some 7 years ago. Back then we could call anytime and get a room for just about anytime we wanted.
    More resorts won't help. Now that Disney has events such as the Food & Wine festival and cheap rates for DVC resorts, members are booking this time more than ever. This just shows the importance of booking at the 11-month window. I am not surprised that you couldn't get a reservation so late in the game!

If you book at 11-mos out, you will typically get the reservation you want.

If you book at 7-mos out, it depends on what room type, resort, and time of year. If you're booking in an off-season for DVC, then you'll probably get what you want.

The reservations that are typically hard to get include the following resorts during the times listed:
    • Everywhere: All of December, especially the week before Christmas to NY
      Easter Week, Thanksgiving Week
    • BWV/BCV - Epcot Food and Wine (October-1st of November)
    • VWL - Thanksgiving-NY
    • HHI - 2nd week of June - August
    • VB - Spring Break (March-April)
    The following room types may typically be hard to get:
    • Standard or BoardWalk view rooms at BWV
    • OKW Grand Villas
    • AKV Concierge rooms
    • AKV Value rooms
    DVC Member

JEHI7278 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I recently found out that the single bedroom villa @ the DVC DAK Lodge sleeps 5 people. This makes it that much more attractive to stay there because we will save points not having to stay in a two bedroom villa.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    We got caught in the December rush

We didn't book until August because of my job change, tried booking for 1-9 DEC and everything was packed. Ended up using points to stay at Port Orleans Riverside. Not too disappointed because we really like that resort but nothingis quite like hearing "Welcome Home" when you check in at a DVC resort.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Since we're heading down Dec. 2008 I can't wait till January to call to book at SSR. Then at 7 months out I'm hoping to get 2 nites at DAK at the beginning of our trip.

I wish I could call today!! Stupid 11 month window!!

Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Timbo is offline Fastpass Holder
    I can never plan my vacation 11 months out. Not 7 months out either. It's just not feasible for us. So I guess we're stuck with whatever's available. Yes, I'm glad that I was able to get into a DVC resort, I just wish we had a few more choices in terms of dates and locations. Oh well.

I guess there's no more "off-season" at WDW either. Maybe the middle of January?
    Check out my blog or MySpace.

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    We are trying to get a room in Dec, too. You definitely need to be persistent. Do not give up asking, because things DO happen. Try to call everyday, even on the day before. We just needed two more days a couple years ago, and my family got it, after we kept calling. I am not saying be annoying, but if you keep trying, you may be able to get what you want.
    Last edited by disney fanatic; 08-15-2007 at 04:00 PM.

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Pluto'sPal is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We ran into that same kind of problem for our vacation in Dec. of this year. I agree...you have to keep calling. We kept calling and eventually got our rooms. We originally had two nights, but couldn't get the other two nights because too many DVCers. Don't give up...it will work out because people will cancel or have to change. Also, there is no way my family can all schedule a vacation 11 months out either.