Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Vacation Club Discuss DVC in California in the Vacation Planning forums; Anybody heard this rumor and think it may be true? I'm hoping it is. I would love to have DVC if my home resort could be in California....
    Kheprismom is offline A-Ticket holder

DVC in California

Anybody heard this rumor and think it may be true?
    I'm hoping it is. I would love to have DVC if my home resort could be in California.

catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder
    That would be really cool. How many resorts do they have at DL? I've never been. Do you think they'd let you trade WDW DVC with ones in DL like other timeshares do? Might be worth looking into it.

astrogirl is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've heard it the rumor too. A very strong rumor...wouldn't that be great for the left coast folks?! I would love to rent DVC points for a DL DVC.

There are three hotels Disneyland Hotel, Grand Californian and Paradise Pier. I think you can trade in or use your DVC points at all three hotels but they are more than for the Florida DVC resorts. I may still try for a small resale so I can use the points in both places. Would be great to own on both coasts though.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I believe rumor is that construction is already starting on a new wing to the Grand Californian Hotel, and that it will be DVC.

Disneyland has 3 resorts: the Disneyland Hotel, The Grand Californian, and the Paradise Pier Hotel. All three are so close you walk to the gates of both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure - in fact, the Grand Californian has its own entrance to DCA right out the hotel. The Disneyland Hotel has a monorail stop that lets you off inside Tomorrowland, or you can just walk through Downtown Disney to get to the main gates.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    I believe rumor is that construction is already starting on a new wing to the Grand Californian Hotel, and that it will be DVC.
    That's the rumor I heard! I hope it is true. I've already been saving my pennies. I wonder when it will go on sale if it's true?

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle
    It has been quite a strong rumor for some time now...I wouldn't buy there, flights are too expensive from the East Coast for me to get much use out of it...But I would stay there once in a while in lieu of WDW, but only once in a while.

I got engaged @ WDW 1/24/10

I'm on the west coast so the flights would be cheaper for me!

kimmishel is offline A-Ticket holder
    Well I have my own opinions on this already and have had for quite some time. I think that the third tower in the Disneyland Hotel is already being converted slowly. But they don't want to blow their cover just yet.

Kim