Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Disney Vacation Club Discuss Is the DVC any good? in the Vacation Planning forums; Very good post there DVCMike! And thank you for taking the time to write it all out, I was too lazy to do it myself....
    MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Very good post there DVCMike!

And thank you for taking the time to write it all out, I was too lazy to do it myself.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    I stayed at a Value resort and a moderate this time. I will never ever stay again at a value. The Caribbean was peaceable and quiet. Money well spent. People and children are better behaved. Service was great. Money is not too much a consideration for me at this time in my life were I have 2 kids grown and 1 at home but I can't see myself buying into a DVC when I can afford to stay where an when I want. Easiest way to stay anywhere is to book at least 6 to 8 months in adcance and pay for 1 nite each month before you go .So staying in a Deluxe like we're doimg in April won't be a hardship all instead paying it at one time.
    Last edited by Tmntrans; 01-13-2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: spelling

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    DVC Also works in California, the Vero Beach and Myrtle Beach resorts and I believe the international parks too... The best thing was what happened to my family at Disney last March while I was doing my college program, they went and stayed in their home resort Saratoga Springs from Monday to Friday, their flight got delayed due to harsh weather and were forced to stay til Sunday. Two more days which was digged into the points we would have in August of that year.

Anyway I can tell you it is cheap to stay at Disneyland, only 58 points used on I believe Downtown Disney view on Grand Californian. That should drop when you get their DVC villas in 09/10.

brad9008 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    ok thanks for all the input

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    Sorry for the shameless plug, but I was getting so many questions about my DVC membership that I ended up doing a post on my blog, Grumpy's Hollow about it. I tried to explain things recalling what I've learned from the process of joining.

I had hoped it would be the first of a series of posts about the DVC, but time makes it hard to put out such detailed posts all the time:
    A Grumpy Review: The Disney Vacation Club Point by Point

I'm hoping to do a post about eating in your DVC room this next go around. We have decided to forgo the dining plan and cook a majority of our dinners in the 2-bedroom unit we are renting at Old Key West. On paper, it looks like it will save us time and money.
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

oh ok

ok.

fazdevils is offline A-Ticket holder
    I received the DVC book by mail and one question I had about the DVC is: Do they share the same pool and other amenities with the "regular resort"?? For instance, if I'm staying at DVC Beach Club, can I go to Stormalong Bay? From the book it looks as if the DVC resorts are separate from the resort hotels. How accessible is Stormalong from the Beach Club Villas. The geyser and pool from the Wilderness Villas? Are the DVC savanna rooms similar to the lodge savanna room (with simulated moonlight for nighttime animal viewing)?

Also I'm under the impression that I cannot go to Stormalong Bay if I'm staying at, say, the Polynesian. Is this right?

A few more, can I add the dining plan to my DVC stay? Are ticket prices the same as the Magic Your Way package price?

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by fazdevils View Post
    I received the DVC book by mail and one question I had about the DVC is: Do they share the same pool and other amenities with the "regular resort"??
    Yes, they do share pools. For example, all of the BoardWalk resort guests regardless if they are staying on the DVC Villas side or the Inn side are entitled to use any of the 3 pools, including the main pool called Luna Park located on the DVC Villas side.

For instance, if I'm staying at DVC Beach Club, can I go to Stormalong Bay? From the book it looks as if the DVC resorts are separate from the resort hotels. How accessible is Stormalong from the Beach Club Villas.
    I have never stayed at the Beach Club, but the DVC resorts sides of BW, BC, WL, etc. are "separated" from the rest of their respective hotels. In other words, Villas rooms are not intermixed with regular deluxe rooms.

Also I'm under the impression that I cannot go to Stormalong Bay if I'm staying at, say, the Polynesian. Is this right?
    Correct. Only guests staying at Yacht Club, Beach Club, and Beach Club Villas are permitted to use Stormalong Bay. There is no pool hopping allowed by anyone to SAB. DVCers cannot pool hop to SAB, the pool at the AKL, or certain times of year. I really don't understand the allure of pool hopping, but do recognize it does appeal to some.

A few more, can I add the dining plan to my DVC stay? Are ticket prices the same as the Magic Your Way package price?
    I have never used the dining plan, but you can use it if you are DVC. I don't know about the prices, I would consult Deb's Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World for more information on....well anything WDW related.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

ok thanks

bigthundermicky is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I just became a DVC member this past November. It is very worth it. I bought the point minimum, 160, and I ran the numbers and it is extremely worth it. If you divide out the numbers you pay (we paid $94 per point at the AKL villas) and figure what you pay for the per year for a non-dvc vacation, it is a value. If you also consider that the per night prices go up almost every year and that your price and point system never changes over the years the true value will be as you go into the latter years of the club. I love it!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Lou's pod-cast this week goes into DVC ownership big-time. I think you get all your questions answered without having to physically be there with the salesperson.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.
    We are considering buying into DVC. We are going to check it out soon. I'm going to listen to the podcast.
    Love, Kerri

bigthundermicky is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Kerri, go online or call DVC and ask for the free DVD about the DVC. It helped my sweetie and I make the decision.

DaveH is offline A-Ticket holder
    We bought in 2001. We have added on twice now. We started with 150 points and now are at 410. We always stayed at Value resorts. Dollar for dollar it was more then. Now it is about even. The rooms are much better. Knowing we will go more often my commando is more under control and have done a couple of trips with no parks! The big missing thing on the pod cast is maintenance fess were not mentioned. DVC Mike's post with a list is great. It is not for everyone, the tour and pitch are low pressure. Understand if you a certain resort all the time buy there. At certain times of year DVC fills fast at smaller resorts such as VWL and BCV. You will find most of us owners get passionate about DVC but do say you have make your own decision.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast