Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Vacation Club Discuss DVC 2 & 3 Day Vacations for non Disney Properties in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello all, I have a question. About a month or so ago, My wife and I went to the Woodfield DVC store to a special presentation. They gave out samples ...
    tonyc_86 is offline A-Ticket holder

DVC 2 & 3 Day Vacations for non Disney Properties

Hello all,

I have a question. About a month or so ago, My wife and I went to the Woodfield DVC store to a special presentation. They gave out samples of food from the Animal Kingdom resort, gave us the spiel, and the fab five was there! It was a lot of fun!

The one thing that I saw there was a slide discussing 2 & 3 day vacations on non-Disney properties. This is a new thing they were talking about. I haven't seen anything else about it. Does anybody here know anything about this?

Thanks for the help!!!

-Tony

P.S. - I'm so glad I get to hang out with some other Disney Geeks on these forums now. Thanks for that!!!!

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyc_86 View Post
    Hello all,

I have a question. About a month or so ago, My wife and I went to the Woodfield DVC store to a special presentation. They gave out samples of food from the Animal Kingdom resort, gave us the spiel, and the fab five was there! It was a lot of fun!

The one thing that I saw there was a slide discussing 2 & 3 day vacations on non-Disney properties. This is a new thing they were talking about. I haven't seen anything else about it. Does anybody here know anything about this?

Thanks for the help!!!

-Tony

P.S. - I'm so glad I get to hang out with some other Disney Geeks on these forums now. Thanks for that!!!!
    I think I can help with this a little, granted I am not a total, total expert on DVC...

The non-Disney property deal is not new. It was at least around in 2006 when my family bought in as well as the Adventures by Disney collection which has grown by leaps and bounds since 2006. I think that was to be similar to time-shares but different. One of the other hotels was even the hotel that was one that would later inspire the Grand Floridian as well as other international Disneyland Resort Hotels.

-Mike
    AllAbouttheMouseketeer #224-Michael K. from Buckeye, Arizona

Stays at Walt Disney World
    July 1995: Shades of Green
    April 2000: All Star Sports (Baseball)
    March 2001: All Star Music (Rock)
    January 2006: All Star Movies (Mighty Ducks)
    May 2006: Saratoga Springs (Congress Park)
    March 2007: Saratoga Springs (Paddock)
    August 2007: Port Orleans: French Quarter
    June 2008: Saratoga Springs (Springs)

August 2009: Saratoga Springs

Stays at Disneyland
    May 2008: Grand Californian
    December 2008: Grand Californian

June 2009: Radison/Disneyland Hotel

Working for the Walt Disney Company
    Jan-Aug '07: MGM(Sunset/Lucasland/Backlot)
    Aug '08-May '09: GCC College Program Rep

May '09: EPCOT

DVC Mike is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyc_86 View Post
    They are referring to the World Passport Collection, where you place points and ask DVC to search the hundreds of locations in Interval International. Until now, you had to book 7 nights.

At the Dec 2007 Annual DVC Meeting, it was announced that they are working on allowing members to book just 2-3 nights via the World Passport Collection.

It is supposedly coming later this year...
    DVC Member - My Home Resorts: BLT, BWV, BCV and VGC