Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Vacation Club Discuss DVC Member Gatherings @ International Gateway in the Vacation Planning forums; Do they still hold the weekly get togethers for DVC members at the International Gateway tent in WDW? I believe it was on Thursdays around 4:00pm when we were there ...
    tjcjr is offline A-Ticket holder

Question DVC Member Gatherings @ International Gateway

Do they still hold the weekly get togethers for DVC members at the International Gateway tent in WDW? I believe it was on Thursdays around 4:00pm when we were there last year (July & December 2007).
    Last edited by tjcjr; 07-09-2008 at 01:37 PM.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Quote Originally Posted by tjcjr View Post
    Do they still hold the weekly get togethers for DVC members at the International Gateway tent in WDW? I believe it was on Thursdays around 4:00pm when we were there last year (July & December 2007).
    I thought they were a bit more limited than a weekly occurrence - perhaps for a few weeks and that was it. They were setting it up in July with the jungle theme when we were there in July, but we already had plans and missed the event. Didn't see it in December.

We'll be back at BCV in October, so I'll definitely see if its still there.

DaveH is offline A-Ticket holder
    They have a holiday theme one in Dec. They have announced they are doing it again this year. They have not announced which day of the week yet. In past years it was Thursdays. This is was fun in past years. We don't go in Jul so I have a tendency to not pay attention about things that time of year.

tjcjr is offline A-Ticket holder
    I answered my own question !!! - we are here now at BCV and the hold weekly Welcome Home Wednesday parties for DVC members every Wednesday afternoon at the Atlantic Dance Hall on the Boardwalk

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Ah, that's a bit different. Those have been around for a while.

The ones outside the International Gateway were different. I didn't get to attend one, but they seemed to be a bit bigger scale. Perhaps they were more salesy - i.e. "Here's why you want to add-on more points..."
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news