Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Vacation Club Discuss Looking to cooroborate DVC at Contemporary Rumors... in the Vacation Planning forums; Here's what I "know" so far, let me know if you've heard the same or different: Look for an announcement making it official in Sept or October. Knowing that Disney's ...
    camack7827 is offline A-Ticket holder

Looking to cooroborate DVC at Contemporary Rumors...

Here's what I "know" so far, let me know if you've heard the same or different:

• Look for an announcement making it official in Sept or October. Knowing that Disney's fiscal year starts 10/1, I would guess they regularly hold press events/announcements during the 1st week of October.
    • Sales to begin shortly after the annoucement with 1st occupancy dates in late 2009.
    • Point charts are being reviewed and probably bumped, expecting this location to have the highest per night point costs
    • Also expecting this location to have the highest point purchase price ($110+/point).
    I actually expected one of the point "premiums" but not both. I would think that if the Bay Lake Towers (or whatever it ends up being called) has a higher per point cost, that would even the field. I would imagine the monorail and access to MK "outsells" the AKL draw of serenity on the savannah. That said, the premium attached to the cost of the BLT points should incent some people to go with AKL due to cost. If BLT does indeed have a higher per night point cost, wouldn't that bump the minimum purchase amount as well? I guess as long as Disney provides an option at BLT for a 6 night stay at 160 points, they can keep the min purchase at 160.

Can anyone confirm or add to what I've posted so far? Am I close to what you guys have been hearing?

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    I don't think the per-night or per-week point costs really weight much on the minimum buy-in. When you buy-in, you need to figure how many points you need for what you expect your typical stay will require. If you want to always stay 7 nights every year, and the cheapest week costs 200 points, well then you are going to need to buy 200 points. But, you could still only buy 160 points. You'll just have to deal with adjusting your plans.

Plus, existing DVC members can add on for as little as 25 points (50 if financing).

We are planning on adding on, but as few as possible and use banking/borrowing to get a decent stay out of it at the 11-month window, or if we are exceedingly lucky use our SSR points at the 7-month window. I have a feeling that will be hard to do, however.

camack7827 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    I don't think the per-night or per-week point costs really weight much on the minimum buy-in. When you buy-in, you need to figure how many points you need for what you expect your typical stay will require. If you want to always stay 7 nights every year, and the cheapest week costs 200 points, well then you are going to need to buy 200 points. .
    I guess I've never seen it stated, but when the minimum point purchase bumped from 150 to 160, the lowest point per week stay was also bumped from 150 to 160. In other words, DVC moved some points out of the most expensive weeks into the least expensive weeks and the minimum first time purchase moved up with it. Again, I'm speculating here as I've never seen it officially stated, but I thought that is how they set the min purchase. I *think* that if If the point per night costs of the BLT are indeed higher than any other resort, they'd only have to make sure that a studio with a dumpster view has a 160 point total for the week. I could be wrong though, it did happen one other time.

Either way, I have my downpayment all set for when BLT is open to the public!

Chris

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by camack7827 View Post
    I guess I've never seen it stated, but when the minimum point purchase bumped from 150 to 160, the lowest point per week stay was also bumped from 150 to 160. In other words, DVC moved some points out of the most expensive weeks into the least expensive weeks and the minimum first time purchase moved up with it. Again, I'm speculating here as I've never seen it officially stated, but I thought that is how they set the min purchase. I *think* that if If the point per night costs of the BLT are indeed higher than any other resort, they'd only have to make sure that a studio with a dumpster view has a 160 point total for the week. I could be wrong though, it did happen one other time.

Either way, I have my downpayment all set for when BLT is open to the public!

Chris
    Hey, look at the bright side, If You are wrong, well, then You got it out of the way. LOL
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

Granny is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by camack7827 View Post
    I guess I've never seen it stated, but when the minimum point purchase bumped from 150 to 160, the lowest point per week stay was also bumped from 150 to 160. In other words, DVC moved some points out of the most expensive weeks into the least expensive weeks and the minimum first time purchase moved up with it. Again, I'm speculating here as I've never seen it officially stated, but I thought that is how they set the min purchase.
    Chris...actually, Disney has not moved the point charts for any resort (other than holiday seasonal dates) except one time in the 1990's...I think that was at OKW and was a small change.

If I recall correctly, the minimum buy in points started at 250, went down to 160, then down to 150. None of those changes affected the point schedules.

And you can stay for a week for less than 160 points. One week at OKW in a studio in Adventure Season is only 80 points!!
    Granny (Yep, I really am a guy)

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    An announcement appears to be coming real soon. A declaration has been filed with the Orange County Comptroller, indicating that it is a to be a DVC resort:

Master Declaration

Complete Declaration

There is no indication that it will be separate from the existing DVC system (as some had theorized), and the "maximum reallocation" points per night are about 10% above the same values in the declaration for AKV.

October is a big announcement month anyways, but Screamscape is reporting some major announcements due next week.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news