Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Vacation Club Discuss Reliability of DVC resale companies/websites in the Vacation Planning forums; As a family, we have mulled over the idea of buying into DVC. The thing is, it is fairly expensive. That said, it is (apparently) far more expensive to buy ...

Reliability of DVC resale companies/websites

As a family, we have mulled over the idea of buying into DVC. The thing is, it is fairly expensive. That said, it is (apparently) far more expensive to buy directly through Disney than it is to buy through resale companies. Since buying into DVC is an important process, we were just wondering the reliability of outside companies. Has anyone had really bad experiences, really good ones, or would recommend any companies/websites in particular?

Thanks!!!
    All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney

The problem is not the problem; the problem is your attitude about the problem - Captain Jack Sparrow

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever - Walt Disney

DizPodDir is offline A-Ticket holder
    Had great experience SELLING one of our addons using Shontell at Disney Vacation Club Resales by DVC By Resale she was fantstic in communicating where we stood. Our contract was bought within hours of her emailing her list (which you shoudl sign up for as she emails that BEFORE posting to her site) so you can find a deal before they get posted publically on the site.

Mike

camack7827 is offline A-Ticket holder
    While I have zero experience with it myself, I would not have any concerns about using any of the reputible shops you'll find on these forums. I've heard positive things about DVCbyResale as well as The Timeshare Store, but again have no experience with them directly. I would think that as long as you do a little bit of research and steer clear of craigslist ads, ebay auctions, etc, you'll be fine. Good luck and post your experience when it's all said and done!

Chris