Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Vacation Club Discuss DVC announces BLT and Treehouse Villas! in the Vacation Planning forums; From the Orlando Sentinel: The Walt Disney Co.'s rapidly growing time-share division takes an aggressive step forward today when it unveils plans for two new resorts in Orlando -- even ...
    DVC Mike is offline C-Ticket Holder

DVC announces BLT and Treehouse Villas!

From the Orlando Sentinel:

The Walt Disney Co.'s rapidly growing time-share division takes an aggressive step forward today when it unveils plans for two new resorts in Orlando -- even as Disney Vacation Club battles some of the strongest financial headwinds it has ever faced.

Disney this morning will formally reveal plans for its Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, confirming earlier reports that the 15-story tower rising just beyond the Magic Kingdom will be used for time shares. The company also will unveil plans to sell time shares at the Treehouse Villas at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, a secluded community of 60 units that is being rebuilt in a forested pocket of Walt Disney World.

The twin announcements ensure that Celebration-based Disney Vacation Club, which has grown to nine resorts and more than 350,000 members, will have more time shares for sale in 2009 than it has ever had before.
    Full story is available HERE

BLT will open on Sept 1, 2009. BLT owners can make reservations starting Mar 1, 2009.

BLT Points cost $112. Members who purchase a min of 100 points get a $5 incentive ($107 per point). Dues are about $3.67 per point.

BLT views include Magic Kingdom (20%), Lake View (70%) and Std View (10%).

Last edited by DVC Mike; 09-16-2008 at 04:25 PM.
    DVC Member - My Home Resorts: BLT, BWV, BCV and VGC

I am definitely adding on points at Bay Lake Tower!

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hey Mike do you have any idea when they are going to start selling points at Bay Lake Tower? I wanted to make sure we get it that first day because I am afraid it won't be available for long. Also how does $107 per point compare to what else they are selling. We own about 600 points at Saratoga but we want to get some at Bay Lake Tower even though we know it will be more expensive.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

Quote Originally Posted by Maestr034 View Post
    Hey Mike do you have any idea when they are going to start selling points at Bay Lake Tower? I wanted to make sure we get it that first day because I am afraid it won't be available for long. Also how does $107 per point compare to what else they are selling. We own about 600 points at Saratoga but we want to get some at Bay Lake Tower even though we know it will be more expensive.
    Sales start this Sunday, September 21.

You can add-on at AKV for $96.

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Hey Mike sorry to keep asking you questions but you obviously know more than most about DVC stuff. Do you have any idea how many points a night it will take to stay at Bay Lake Tower. Also what do you mean you can add AKV for $96. Does that mean you can get ownership privileges there also??
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    And the worst kept DVC secret is finally out!!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by Maestr034 View Post
    Hey Mike sorry to keep asking you questions but you obviously know more than most about DVC stuff. Do you have any idea how many points a night it will take to stay at Bay Lake Tower. Also what do you mean you can add AKV for $96. Does that mean you can get ownership privileges there also??
    The official points chart has not been released, but the interactive points calculator on the DVC Member web site now shows BLT. Seven (7) nights in a 1-BR villa with a Magic Kingdom View (the most costly) in early December would run 270 points.

Yes, you can purchase AKV from DVC @ $96 point.

We added on 200 points at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort!

fandayone is offline A-Ticket holder
    BLT will have the lowest yearly dues as well, and they are not charged until they open in September 09.

toyz33 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Our family can't wait to stay in the Tree House Villas this summer. If that is the correct current completion date I heard.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I went on a boat to DTD from POFQ and saw the TreeHouse Villas. They look very cool!