Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Vacation Club Discuss DVC discounts? in the Vacation Planning forums; I was looking into the DVC and they keep talking about discounts on amusement park tickets. Can anyone tell me how good these dicounts are and what are some other ...
    Optimus Stitch is offline Count down to Florida Vacation begins!!!!

DVC discounts?

I was looking into the DVC and they keep talking about discounts on amusement park tickets. Can anyone tell me how good these dicounts are and what are some other discounts? Also, when they talk about a studio accomodation, what exactly does this include in the room?
    My dream is to play all day long at WDW!!!!

DVC Mike is offline C-Ticket Holder
    The big discount DVC members get is $100 off the cost of an Annual Pass.

The Studios are similar to a standard hotel room, but they are slightly larger and include a kitchenette with microwave, mini-refrigerator, wet bar and coffee maker. You get a queen bed and a double-size sleeper sofa, so you can sleep 4 (Studios at OKW feature two queen beds).

Studios size varies by DVC resort. The studios at Kidani Village (AKV) are 366 sq ft.
    DVC Member - My Home Resorts: BLT, BWV, BCV and VGC

Can you get an annual pass if you live outside of Florida and how much does it cost?

DVC Mike is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Stitch View Post
    Can you get an annual pass if you live outside of Florida and how much does it cost?
    Yes, an AP costs $499.49. DVC members can purchase an AP for $392.99. Both figures include tax.
    DVC Member - My Home Resorts: BLT, BWV, BCV and VGC

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I heard from one of the DVC reps that the trick with an AP is to plan your trips so that you bookend them in the same year. That is, if your would normally go once per year, say in November, go in November the first year then September the following year. That way you're still in the 12 month window of the AP and you got two "annual" trips in on one AP. I'm sure that's a well-known trick, but just thought I'd share it.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.

Thanks guys!!!! With the annual pass, can you go to Disney Quest and the two water parks?

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Stitch View Post
    Thanks guys!!!! With the annual pass, can you go to Disney Quest and the two water parks?
    The Premium Annual Pass includes the water parks and Disney Quest. The regular Annual Pass includes the 4 theme parks. There are discounts available for the regular Annual Pass holder:

Quote Originally Posted by http://allears.net/pl/apass.htm
    TICKET BENEFITS

Passholders and their guests (up to 3 guests per visit) can get special savings of $4 off adult admission (ages 10 and up) and $3 off child admission (ages 3-9) at the following places:

-- Downtown Disney® Pleasure Island

-- DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park

-- Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park

-- Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park

Specially Ticketed Events at the Magic Kingdom Park - Watch for discounts on "Day Of" admission price for the following special ticket events at the Magic Kingdom Park:

- Disney's Pirate and Princess Party
    - Night of Joy
    - Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
    - Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Discount is only available on selected nights, based on a limited availability, and does not apply to "Advance Sales" admission price for these special ticket events. The Passholder may purchase up to a total of four discount tickets. The discount is available on select nights and is based on availability. Proof of valid Passholder I.D. required at time of pickup.

Miniature Golf - 50% off for Passholder and up to three guests playing with you at Disney's Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course or Disney's Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course.

AMC Theatres Pleasure Island 24 - Receive $2 off adult evening admission price seven days a week after 6:00 p.m. Offer is valid for the Passholder only and not valid with any other offer or discount.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass
    Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella View Post
    The Premium Annual Pass includes the water parks and Disney Quest. The regular Annual Pass includes the 4 theme parks. There are discounts available for the regular Annual Pass holder:
    And as an FYI, the DVC discount on the Premium AP is $125. Total cost w/taxes is $504.81.

Child APs are similarly discounted, as are renewals of APs.

You can get APs for all members of your immediate family IF they are living in the same household as the member.

To get the discounted price, you need to present your blue Member ID and all adults picking up passes with you will need a picture ID with showing the same address when purchasing in person or picking up a pre-purchased pass at the ticket booths at the parks or Guest Relations.

Note that DVC members already get most of the same discounts at DisneyQuest and the Water Parks, parties, etc. as AP holders. PI discounts are moot since all the clubs close at the end of next week.

There are also various discounts on shopping that apply to DVC and AP holders, usually the same discounts in the same stores.

Two of the biggest advantages of getting the AP that DVC membership does NOT get you:

- Occasional cash room discounts (for when you want to save some points)

- Tables In Wonderland (formerly the Disney Dining Experience) dining discount card, good for 20% most table service dining (including alcohol unlike most discounts) and a few counter service locations for $65

We got the APs mainly because with the discount it is cheaper than most other options if you are going to spend more than 6 days in the parks in the course of a year, split among 2 or more trips, or more than 10 days in a single trip:

DVC AP (standard, includes park hopping, but not water parks, etc): $392.99

7-day MYW Park Hopper, No Expiration: $413.22

10-day MYW Park Hopper + 1-day MYW Park Hopper: $438.79

If you are going only once a year for 10 or less days, then a MYW Park Hopper is cheaper, but the added discounts may be a desireable bonus still.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news