Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Vacation Club Discuss DVC Internet access in the Vacation Planning forums; I never take my computer on vacation with me but since I'll be staying at AKL on my DVC points I thought I'd take it with me since it's free. ...

DVC Internet access

I never take my computer on vacation with me but since I'll be staying at AKL on my DVC points I thought I'd take it with me since it's free. What do I need to know about hooking my computer up? Do I need to bring a cable of any sorts?

Thanks!
    Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Pretty sure there is a cable and instructions provided in the rooms. It should be in a bag in the closet.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    like Pat said I know in the value resorts there is cables and instructions in every room
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

Too bad it's not wireless but then again they couldn't control that.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    There is wireless in the lobbies and business centers of some of the deluxe resorts I believe.... High-Speed Internet Access at the Resorts
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    We took our laptop in May (BCV) and had zero problems getting online. They provide the cables (in the closet) and once you sign in it might say you are paying to pay a price daily but ignore that if you are on DVC points, they will credit your use.

Have Fun!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 – Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    I always travel with a very long cable. It's a by-product of traveling for business. find that the cords, if provided in the room, are short. I like to be able to take the laptop and sit on the bed and work while watching TV.

When we stayed in our room at OKW, we didn't have a cable so I was glad I had mine.
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

Yensid is offline A-Ticket holder
    They will charge you if the take the patch cable with you.
    DVC Member
    AP Holder

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Used it last week at BCV. They ask you leave the cable on the nightstand when you leave. Did not have any problems logging on.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

biblioadonis is offline B-Ticket Holder
    The cable we just had at OKW was a little old. Ince we got it connected, we couldn't move the laptop or we lost the signal. I agree with ray...bringing a long cord will allow you to use the laptop from the bed.
    George
    http://www.imaginerding.com

Jeff did our logo...do you like it?

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    So, am I understanding correctly that DVC owners get free internet access? DW and I are heading to Saratoga Springs in May and I was going to bring our laptop, but read that they charge you for access. Is this for non DVC owners only? I took out laptop with us to Disneyland this past Dec/Jan and was actually able to connect to the Disneyland Hotel's wireless access. The front desk told me to look for the cable in the desk drawer, which I did find, however my wireless card picked up their network and allowed me to connect without any problems.
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    That's correct Jack! DVC = Free Internet
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    We were told by a DVC resort that it's only free if you are staying in a DVC unit AND you are staying on points. If you are paying out-of-pocket you have to pay for your internet
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by harra View Post
    We were told by a DVC resort that it's only free if you are staying in a DVC unit AND you are staying on points. If you are paying out-of-pocket you have to pay for your internet
    I suppose that might be true. I just know in the DVC Perks booklet it says one of the perks is free internet. There may be fine print that says it has to be when you're staying using DVC points (which would make sense for sure otherwise what's the point). Not sure about staying in a DVC unit... maybe you have to at least be using points and in a DVC resort... which the two go hand in hand pretty much. I've never researched it enough to have all those specifics. I just know DVC = Free Internet. LOL
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    YES!!!!
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast