Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Vacation Club Discuss Faxing a grocery order to OKW? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi, I read that you can fax your grocery order to OKW before arrival and have it delivered to your room? So, please can anyone tell me: a)Is this service ...
    Piglit is offline C-Ticket Holder

Question Faxing a grocery order to OKW?

Hi, I read that you can fax your grocery order to OKW before arrival and have it delivered to your room?

So, please can anyone tell me:

a)Is this service still available?
    b) Is it also available to non-DVC guests?

Thank you.
    "Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse"

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    We just got back from OKW and stayed at A studio. We used Gardengrocer.com
    All you have to do is register. Then do your shopping. Check out and follow the instructions to when you will be there and provide an telephone number to contact you before and while you are there at OKW. You will receive a email complete with your purchases. They will call you 2 days before as well as the day before your groceries will be delivered. On the day your groceries will be delivereed, regardless if you are in your room or not, they will deliver them to the resort and notify you that your order is there. Then simply get Bell Services to bring them to you whenever you're ready. You don't have to be a DVC member to get this service. Just stay on property. We used them as I said.. Quality was first rate as well as price. There is also food in the store there at OKW next to Olivia's.

little grammy is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have never heard of OKW taking orders for groceries....

Has anyone???
    "MagicMeets" Attendee 2006, '07, '08 and '09

"D23 EXPO" Attendee 2009

First Time Cruiser--- Disney Dream
    Feb. 2011 Deck 7 #7186

This is not through OKW..its a third party that delivers to OKW. From what I'm told from a DVC owner who I rent points from..there is something on the DVC website that links or something other. I know Gardengrocery.com works because I called the resort itself and they told me that was one of the delivery companies that delivered there and how it worked.

princesslb is offline A-Ticket holder
    i used to do the grocery delivery at okw and ssr. just call the front desk and ask them to send you a grocery list and fax it back to them a few days before and when u check in all your groceries will be there
    "all my wishes will come true."
    CP alumni spring 2008

Thank you all for your replies.

M5ward is offline C-Ticket Holder
    There is a link to a grocery list on the DVC member's site. After you fill it out, you fax it back and whatever you order is delivered to your room on the day you arrive. Food that needs refrigeration is put in the refrigerator. We do this every time we go down, because it is easier to have OJ ready and waiting than to have to go to the store. When we were down in October, we ordered in breakfast foods so that the grandkids didn't have to wait to eat. Works out very well. A great perk. I don't know if it is available to everyone or just DVC members.
    Michele
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on until Morning!
    ºoº * ~ ** ~ * ºoº

November, 1981 (CR), November, 1983 (CR), December, 1994 (off-site),January, 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), January, 2007 (SSR), November, 2007 (SSR), February. 2008 (BWV), October, 2008 (OKW), January, 2009 (BWV)

Thank you for your helpful reply.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    How are the prices? Is it just a convenience or does it honestly compare to just getting in the car and heading to the store yourself?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

I don't know about what OKW uses but with Gardengrocery.com it was about the same as the local grocery here. We got breakfast food as well as snacks and sandwich materials because we ate 1 good meal a day at the parks. I paid 81.00 including tax and delivery for 5 days and what was left over I couldn't pack we left or gave away. On their website the prices are listed and its all name brand stuff.

Thanks for reply.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    getting in the car and heading to the store yourself?
    We will not have a car so not an option for us, but I guess it's probably cheaper to go and purchase goods for yourself if you have transport.

KevinZ is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Here's another vote for Garden Grocery. They've done a great job on our last two trips with changes and add ons!
    Kevin

WDWRadio Cruise : Deck 8 is great!
    "Almost there!"
    "Keep moving forward!"

Thank you.