Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Vacation Club Discuss New DVC E-Book in the Vacation Planning forums; I downloaded and read the new PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide: For Members and Members To Be (2009). I highly recommend it for prospective and new DVC members! While there ...
    DVC Mike is offline C-Ticket Holder

New DVC E-Book

I downloaded and read the new PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide: For Members and Members To Be (2009).

I highly recommend it for prospective and new DVC members! While there are a couple of web sites dedicated to the Disney Vacation Club, and DVC forums on many of the Disney fan site discussion boards, this new downloadable E-book brings all the information together.

At 168 pages, it explains what the Disney Vacation Club is, how much it costs, how to purchase it, how to use it, what the perks are, as well as reviews of every DVC resort and a discussion on how you can use your points outside of the DVC resorts.

If you've been a member for some time or have a good understanding of DVC, you won't find anything new. But it's a great guide book for those considering becoming DVC members or for those who have recently joined and want a great explanation of getting the most out of their membership.
    DVC Member - My Home Resorts: BLT, BWV, BCV and VGC

oakmanner is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: New DVC E-Book

Mike is the book current enough that it includes info on the THV and GCV?

1998- Dixie Landings, 2000- Dixie Landings, 2001- DLR, 2002- DLR, 2002- Port Orleans Riverside, 2003- Port Orleans Riverside, 2003- Pop Century, 2004- Pop Century, 2006- Pop Century, 2007- Port Orleans Riverside, 2008- Land & Sea; Beach Club & Disney Wonder, 2008- Saratoga Springs, 2009-Saratoga Springs, 2010- Animal Kingdom Villas

Quote Originally Posted by oakmanner View Post
    Mike is the book current enough that it includes info on the THV and GCV?
    Yes, but it is obvious from the information that the book was substantially completed prior to much information being known about them.

Mrs Potts is offline D-Ticket Holder

Just want to say thanks for the info, I downloaded the ebook yesterday after reading about it here. Last night I spoke with a DVC guide and he asked if I knew any members - which I don't - that there is a bonus incentive of some sort for knowing another member. Any idea what this might be and how do I find a member to use for a reference without sounding like a nutcase? Any and all help is appreciated. Thank-you for your time!
    Disney Dreamin'

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Potts View Post
    Last night I spoke with a DVC guide and he asked if I knew any members - which I don't - that there is a bonus incentive of some sort for knowing another member. Any idea what this might be and how do I find a member to use for a reference without sounding like a nutcase?
    You'll typically have members falling over themselves to act as a reference.

New members get a bigger discount with a referral. Check out the latest prices and incentives on MouseOwners.com (the forum - specifically the Purchasing forum).

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

You can always use my name

The DVC member you use as a referral also gets a referral fee (subject to their local laws, which vary by state), which is why they would be falling over themselves to get you to use their name

Given that you already talked to a guide, that may not apply any more though. From what I understand you have to give your referring member's name up front.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Thanks! I'll give it a try when I call back - and thanks for the speedy replies!!
    Disney Dreamin'

Just wanted to say thank-you to DVC Mike and doconeill for the info and referral. I'm now officially IN - signed, sealed, delivered! Even booked first reservation for Mom to go check things out using the 2008 points. I would highly recommend the Ebook for anyone thinking about DVC. Thanks again!
    Disney Dreamin'