Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Disney Vacation Club Discuss Need help picking a DVC resort in the Vacation Planning forums; Go with either boardwalk, or old key west. Boardwalk is great because there is so much to do there. The boardwalk is filled with great things to do, shopping, dining, ...
    wdwkid32 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Unhappy Re: Need help picking a DVC resort

Go with either boardwalk, or old key west. Boardwalk is great because there is so much to do there. The boardwalk is filled with great things to do, shopping, dining, etc. Now old key west is my fav. It fells like you are on some island somwhere. There is no loby you go through you have to walk on side walks or take buses to your room. It fells like you have your own house in WDW it's amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So either one is your best bet and even if you dont go with either one all of the dvc resorts are great.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Re: Need help picking a DVC resort

I stayed at Saratoga Springs last year and the resort is absolutely beautiful! The 3 BR grand villa is astounding with its high ceilings, large windows and plenty of space for everyone - its even on 2 levels and has 2 seperate entrances (and before someone says it, yes, I know they aren't the only ones with 2 floors). It's a quick walk away from Downtown Disney and if anyone is a golfer they'd love to be right next to the course. The pool is great, the dining options are awesome since downtown is right there and they have a movie theater, bike rentals, etc.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Minniegirl1995 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post
    I stayed at Saratoga Springs last year and the resort is absolutely beautiful! The 3 BR grand villa is astounding with its high ceilings, large windows and plenty of space for everyone - its even on 2 levels and has 2 seperate entrances (and before someone says it, yes, I know they aren't the only ones with 2 floors). It's a quick walk away from Downtown Disney and if anyone is a golfer they'd love to be right next to the course. The pool is great, the dining options are awesome since downtown is right there and they have a movie theater, bike rentals, etc.

I completely agree!!! Saratoga Springs is beautiful at night and very quiet. One would think the downtown disney noise would be bad, but you really can't hear it. Plus, everything is just so close to Saratoga springs!!! Magic Kingdom isn't far away. Epcot is even closer and with Epcot that close than the Studios is close. animal Kingdom is the only longer ride, but Animal Kingdom is off in nowhere land. Just kidding, but seriously animal Kingdoim is not close to any of the other theme parks and unless you want to go there the whole time, stay by there. Otherwise, saratoga Springs has the beauty, room, and everything you will need!!!

wdwtristan is offline Annual Passholder

Took a tour of BLT Grand Villas and there amazing. I would also recommend getting a pool or Bay Lake view b/c you can see the fireworks at MK on the observation deck. At night the pool also lights up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12