Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Vacation Club Discuss A couple of ?s for SSR Treehouses in the Vacation Planning forums; I was thinking at staying at the Treehouse villas next september and have a few questions for those who have stayed at the villas 1. how is the busing getting ...
    MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

A couple of ?s for SSR Treehouses

I was thinking at staying at the Treehouse villas next september and have a few questions for those who have stayed at the villas

1. how is the busing getting to and from parks?
    2. how is the pool?
    3. how easy is it to get to the Carriage House assuming you don't rent a car?
    4. is there a boat dock to DTD?
    Thanks
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

DisneyGuy87 is offline Annual Passholder

Re: A couple of ?s for SSR Treehouses

I'd love to stay at the Treehouses too. We are looking into in the coming year, I know they are new as of June though so it might be hard to get all these answers, I'll be waiting to see what people say too

LordQx4 is offline B-Ticket Holder

While I can not answer your first two questions (as I was wondering the same thing), I may be able to help on the last two. I stayed at Saratoga Springs in June and saw buses go from the hotel over to the tree house villas, so getting ot the carriage house should be a short bus ride away. I also saw some people waiting for a pontoon boat at the dock of Saratoga Sprints to go to the treehouse villas so I am sure they have a boat to DTD as well. Hope this helps, and look forward to hearing a trip report when you return!
    Disney Stock Holder, D23 Member, DVC Member, AP Holder

GeoMouse is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcb View Post
    I was thinking at staying at the Treehouse villas next september and have a few questions for those who have stayed at the villas

2. how is the pool?
    Thanks
    Shontell was able to get reservations for Sept 14 and 15 at the treehouses. I'll let her know about your questions and see if she can post on here to get your questions answered.

Eric

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

2. how is the pool?
    Thanks

I stayed at Saratoga Springs last year, before the treehouse villas opened, but I can tell you that the bus was pretty empty, and they circulate pretty quickly. The pool was beautifully themed and just a staircase away from the food court. Not sure about the Carriage house question. And I don't think there was a boat dock, or at least that I saw, but I know they have a walkway to DTD, and it takes less than 10 minutes from Saratoga Springs. They also have a bus to DTD which was nice and quick (obviously!). Overall, I highly recommend the resort, and I am dying to return to stay at the Treehouse Villas, I stayed there back in the early 90's and they were a blast, I can't wait to see what they did with them!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Prezcatz is offline A-Ticket holder

Thumbs up Re: A couple of ?s for SSR Treehouses

2. how is the pool?
    Thanks
    We stayed at the Treehouses a couple of days after they opened, so things might have changed since then, but here are the answers as best I know...

1. The buses from the Treehouse area make their first stop at the Carriage House, then you get off that bus, and wait for the park buses. The Carriage House is the last stop at the resorts, so once you get on a park bus, you will leave SSR and head straight to the parks. When coming back from the parks, the bus's first stop will be at the Grandstand. Then you get off, and wait for the Treehouse bus (Grandstand is the last stop on the internal route before the Treehouse stops, North & South).

2. We didn't go in the small pools at the Treehouses, but they looked okay. Reminded me like the quiet pools at Caribbean beach for an example. They had a 4-6 person hot-tub as well.

3. It is pretty easy to get to the Carriage House. As in answer #1, Carriage House is the next stop on the internal shuttle after the Treehouses There is also a walking path that takes about 10 minutes to walk from the Treehouses, beside the Grandstand & waterway, that ends up near the boat dock & pro shop at the Carriage House.

4. Yes, there is a separate boat dock in the Treehouse area to DTD. I believe it goes from Treehouse, to the Carriage House, to DTD, then back to Carriage House before returning to the Treehouses.

Hope this helps!
    Prezcatz Paul

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder

We had just stayed in the treehouses in Oct for 5 Days. Lucky to get one right next to the boat dock. The boat stops at the backside of the carriage House. up the stairs and through the back doors of the artists palette store. Going to DTD has gotten much longer! They stop at the west side, then pleasure island and then the marketplace. So don't expect a quick boatride to DTD. There is even a boat transfer along the way. Take this ride only if You have time to kill, and enjoy boats. Peaceful, yet long.
    Another option to going to the parks is, walking across the path on the golfcourse, to the grandstand bus stop and heading to the parks from there.
    The Treehouses are a must do!!! So beautiful, and lots of open space. Even the chair that pulls out to a bed in the living room is very comfy. And I am 6'2, and did not hang over. good if you are trying to squeeze in that 9th member of Your party.
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

Coach Rick is offline A-Ticket holder

We stayed there in August before our Disney Cruise, and absolutely loved it!!! That said, I don't think I would stay there without a vehicle to get around. I should add I am the type of person that has to have a car sit there "just in case". So perhaps it's not wise to listen to me.

I did see buses quite often, so I am certain getting a bus would not be difficult.

The boat dock was a decent walk from our unit, which was near the gate.

The pool was good to cool off in, but not much on "ambiance". If you want a theme pool, it's not here! (suited me fine though)

Carriage House was quite a distance, but not bad via an ECV, which I had to pick up and drop off for mom. Actually, I rather enjoyed scooting over with it. Walking wise, well after walking EPCOT, this walk is a breeze.

I will stay there again. I loved the seclusion of the resort and the units were great! Not to mention getting a 3 br for a 2 br points price was great!

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder

Like in many resorts, location, location, location. Some times You get the perfect room, or Villa, and sometimes You are the furthest away from whatever it is You would like to be right next to. Case in point, The boardwalk villas. We had the room just of of the elevator. Most rooms are very far from this spot and causes many to dislike this resort. The treehouses have there downsides, but what a great 3 bedroom villa. Wide open and very private. A must do for any family!
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

Prezcatz is offline A-Ticket holder

One of our biggest detractors was the double-bus everywhere. You got on the internal bus to get to the carriage house, then onto the parks/DTD from there. Same on the reverse (get off at the Grandstand, then catch the internal shuttle). I think this is the same at a few other of the spread out resorts as well. We had a few other minor things we didn't like about the Treehouses, but overall, they were pretty good, especially comparing the # of guests to the points. I would stay there again, but wouldn't feel bad if I don't either.
    Prezcatz Paul