Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree3Likes
Disney Vacation Club Discuss Not trying to offend anyone... but this vacation club thing sounds like a scam to me. in the Vacation Planning forums; These are the opening/closing dates of all the current DVC resorts. Resort Opening Date ContractEnd OKW Fall 1991 Jan 2042 or 2057 VB Fall 1995 Jan 2042 HHI Mar 1996 ...
    DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Not trying to offend anyone... but this vacation club thing sounds like a scam to

These are the opening/closing dates of all the current DVC resorts.

Resort Opening Date ContractEnd
    OKW Fall 1991 Jan 2042 or 2057
    VB Fall 1995 Jan 2042
    HHI Mar 1996 Jan 2042
    BWV July 1996 Jan 2042
    VWL Nov 2000 Jan 2042
    BCV July 2002 Jan 2042
    SSR May 2004 Jan 2054
    AKV July 2007 Jan 2057
    BLT Aug 2009 Jan 2060
    VGC Sep 2009 Jan 2060
    AHV Aug 2011 Jan 2061

By buying resale at SSR, I'll break even with 5 trips. I bought BLT from Disney (at $110/point), and will break even in 7 trips.
    Last edited by DVCDad; 03-01-2013 at 10:52 PM.

kretzcr is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Not trying to offend anyone... but this vacation club thing sounds like a scam to

Timeshares are infamous for being bad deals. That is why companies like Disney rename them as other things, ie, Vacation Club. Some bad deal, different wrinkle.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Well, I guess 7-15 isn't all that bad. That's pretty much right in line with your average time share. They tend to be around 10.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by kretzcr View Post
    Timeshares are infamous for being bad deals. That is why companies like Disney rename them as other things, ie, Vacation Club. Some bad deal, different wrinkle.
    I suppose it all depends. But, generally, I agree with that assessment. It's not something I would ever get into.

DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

Thousands of satisfied DVC members, as well as several posts on here prove your statement as 100% untrue. Please stop making blanket statements which add nothing to the conversation other than showing your ignorance about the topic.
    cindymouse6 likes this.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

It can only be a bad deal if you don't know what you are doing when you enter it. If you don't go often enough, don't understand how it works, have to finance it, etc. - it's a bad deal. You shouldn't be entering ANY deals without knowing all the facts.

Disney, for the most part (there have been reported exceptions), is very good at giving you all the details. But it is up to you to research still and understand it.

For instance, some hear, "You can even use your points at the regular Disney resorts...", and their eyes light up, thinking they can spend a week at the Poly every year. But that's a HORRIBLE deal. You get a standard room for about 50% more than a 1 bedroom villa at Beach Club or Boardwalk - and they wonder why their points won't stretch as much as they were told.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

This is a great article about a fan wrestling with to purchase a DVC or not.

Disney Vacation Club: The Cost of Ownership | DisneyBiz
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234