Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Vacation Club Discuss Having trouble w/reservations???? in the Vacation Planning forums; Is anyone having trouble with securing reservations? I'm not sure what the deal is, but the last few times we've tried to schedule a trip, we're having to go w/our ...
    tmbcole is offline C-Ticket Holder

Having trouble w/reservations????

Is anyone having trouble with securing reservations? I'm not sure what the deal is, but the last few times we've tried to schedule a trip, we're having to go w/our third or fourth choice . . . if anything.

We have stayed at the Boardwalk during the first week in October (for our anniversary) for many years. However, this year we could not secure a room for our anniversary. I chalked it up to the Food & Wine 1/2. However, I just tried to book four days in January and the only resort that had all four days was Saratoga. We just stayed at Saratoga in October, so I didn't want to say there again in January.

Is anyone else have the same issues?
    Tina Cole

POM Tony is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Having trouble w/reservations????

some of the remodeling occurs in months where attendance is low. I knew boardwalk was scheduled for some updating
    "Fortuosity, That's me Own word..."

When I went to Disney for the first time there was a Magic I felt. I could do anything or be anything. No feeling would ever top this......

Then I took my daughter.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

So true. After 9/11 Disney shut down the entire FC and after that they closed down several buildings at a time of POR.

There are often ways around it though. If you are trying to book with central reservations try and go to your local travel agent. We've had luck with them when central ressies has nothing. The travel agent has successfully book us through both GoGo who has blocks of rooms as well as Walt Disney Travel Company, WDTC holds seperate blocks of rooms from Central Reservations.

A few times we had to split our time between 2 resorts and the travel agent did the work for us and called daily until our entire stay was at one hotel. Where if you you book directly through Central Res. the onus is on the guest.

It is worth a try.

tmbcole is offline C-Ticket Holder

Thanks for the info. One thing I forgot to originally mention was that we are DVC members. It's been very frustrating and I honestly dread having to call Member Services to inquire about availability.

Anyway, thanks for the input.
    Tina Cole