Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Vacation Club Discuss Top of the World Lounge at Bay Lake Tower in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello everyone! I have just "joined the family" and Bay Lake Tower is my home resort. While I have MANY co-workers who are DVC members none are in the know ...
    queensfairy is offline A-Ticket holder

Top of the World Lounge at Bay Lake Tower

Hello everyone!

I have just "joined the family" and Bay Lake Tower is my home resort. While I have MANY co-workers who are DVC members none are in the know when it comes to details about Top of the World Lounge. I know I can call member services and ask these same questions - but I feel like I will get better answers here.

1) I know 'reservations' are needed for the fireworks - how far in advance can they be made? Can only BLT resort guests be on the reservation? or can it include guests from other resorts?

2) Is the lounge open during the day to relax, read, etc?

I plan on going my first time as a DVC member in May. I would appreciate any thoughts, ideas, comments you care to share about Bay Lake Tower. I have been going to Disney Parks since I was 6. I was even a MK and HS cast member and have been a store cast member since 1999. So, even though I think I know a lot when it comes to WDW - I know that I don't! So bring on your thoughts/comments!

Thanks!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Top of the World Lounge at Bay Lake Tower

Don't have your answers, but wanted to say welcome.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

I don't know of fireworks restrictions being in place (they may have added that), but I do know it can only be used by DVC members staying at BLT (and their room guests), or guests staying at BLT in a room booked with Vacation points (that is, booked by a DVC member with their points on someone else's behalf).

I believe it still opens at 5pm.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

When i was there last week i went up to the Top of the world lounge and i can answer your questions.

There are no reservations need to watch fireworks. You just go up to the desk and show them your key to the world card and up you go on an express elevator to the lounge. We arrived right when the fireworks started but it was a quick ride up and we hardly missed anything.

When i was there the lounge was up from 5PM to Midnight.

I hope this helps!
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

wdwfns2 is offline D-Ticket Holder

We stayed at BLT last June and LOVED the view from the "Top of the World" for the fireworks. At least one person must be staying at BLT to go to the lounge & viewing platform. Like Cortini said, you just walk to the desk and show you "key to the world" card proving that you are staying at BLT and an express elevator takes you straight to the top. We usually showed up 5 to 10 minutes before the show and never had a problem getting a spot near the edge to set up for videotaping. It was never overcrowded and seemed very low key & laid back...I even met one of Lou's friends there one night (the man gets around)
    Day 1 WDW Radio
    Keep to the code

wdwfns2 is offline D-Ticket Holder

I forgot to mention that I can confirm that the lounge doesn't open until 5:00. Also, you may want to either swim in the morning or after dinner. The glare of the sun off the water & concrete in the afternoon was blinding and made it very uncomfortable to enjoy the pool. They have a nice sized pin board that they use for trading from 4:00 - 5:00 on Thursdays (we think) in the Community hall. Whenever we passed through on our way back from the pool they always had something fun available for the kids to do and the video game systems were always open...of course we never bothered to stop and spend enough time there to play though because we follow the motto: "time not spent in the parks(or pool) is time wasted" maybe during a rainy day in May????
    Day 1 WDW Radio
    Keep to the code

tmgsjv is offline B-Ticket Holder

No reservations are required to go to the top of the world for fireworks. The lounge opens at 5 and is a pleasent place to relax from about 5 to 8 when it remains pretty desolate. Just be aware that when Fireworks finish the elevator banks do manage to get pretty crowded. Have a wonderful time - there is no bad view of the fireworks up there, so no need to worry about arriving late.
    -TMGSJV
    August 2008 - SSR
    September 2009 - All Star Movies
    November 2009 - AKL Kidani Village
    March 2010 - FWC / Boardwalk Villas
    August 2010 - BLT
    March 2011 - AKL Jambo / BLT
    May 2011 - AKL Kidani / POFQ
    August 2011 - Boardwalk Villas

bradisgoofy is offline A-Ticket holder

Sweet. We are staying there the first two weeks in May for our first BLT stay.
    Brad is because he listens/watches the WDWradio newscast on a Sprint EVO in a frontend loader at work. * aka brad49201 on the WDWradio Newscast chat * WDW visit on Honeymoon 8/73 * Off sight - 4/1982 * CBR - 4/1995 * Dixie Landings (now Riverside) - 4/1999 * FW Cabins 4/2000 * DVC Membership ( BWV ) - 4/2000 * VWL - 4/2001 * OKW - 4/2002 * BWV - 4/2003 * BWV - 4/2004 * FW ( in our Fifth Wheel ) - 4/2005 * BWV - 3/2006 then Disney Wonder 3 day Cruise - 3/30/06 then back to BWV - 4/2006 * FW ( in our new MOTORCOACH ) - 4/2007 * BWV & FW - 4/2008 Magical Gathering * SSR - 10/2008 MNSSHP * BCV - 3/2009 * BWV - 11/09 (MVMCP 11-10-09) * Back to FW - 5/2010 & bought BLT * OKW 11/2010 * Second cruise on the Wonder 11/7/10 * MVMCP 11/11/10 * BLT 5/11 * BWV 12/11 * BLT 5/12

DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

We'll be there Dec 31st to Jan 11th, lake view studio.