Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Vacation Club Discuss DVC at Fort Wilderness rumours in the Vacation Planning forums; Interesting article about Disney possibly building a Fort Wilderness DVC resort: http://www.epcyclopedia.com/2012/04/...truction-soon/...
    DVCDad is offline C-Ticket Holder

DVC at Fort Wilderness rumours

Interesting article about Disney possibly building a Fort Wilderness DVC resort:

http://www.epcyclopedia.com/2012/04/...truction-soon/

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: DVC at Fort Wilderness rumours

Looks good.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I've heard this rumor too over the last few years, rumored as after the Poly DVD. I have no doubt it has been discussed. Boy they'd have to fix their transportation though for a high end resort. They certainly have the space for it.

I also question some of the items that come from epcylopedia in the past. They are just really big news and rumor breakers that I often wait to see if there is confirmation before I jump on in.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

The plan just seems to be for one building, on the other side from where I believe the rumored location of a DVC resort would be.

The article talks about having to relocate to stables...this jives with an old rumor I remember about locating a DVC resort near Fort Wilderness. But there was also talk about them putting in a whole new resort in the parcel between Wilderness Lodge and River Country. But perhaps with DVC going next to the existing FW, River Country could be resurrected as the resort's pool area?

I'm not sure I'd care for a "Fort Wilderness Villas". We already have Villas at Wilderness Lodge - what would be different? I'd like a whole new themed resort.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I agree totally about the villas. Too much of the same. I can see them adding to the land there with a DVC on one hand, it does have some appeal to a certain demographic and tranquil yet once you start building a DVD at Ft. Wilderness you are somewhat disrupting the appeal of that chunk of property. We have friends that always pop a tent and have their small motor home when they go down. They only go to the parks a few day and just chill and do things around the campground. Put a DVC on the grounds its going change.

Question, they were supposed to re-do the pool area and bring it into the 21st century, did they actually do that?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

The only thing I remember them doing was supposedly taking some of the slides from River Country and moving them to the FW pools...I'm not that familiar with FW so I'm not sure if there was much else.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Question, they were supposed to re-do the pool area and bring it into the 21st century, did they actually do that?
    When I was in WDW in January, we visited FW and I *believe* the pool was closed for refurb while we were there. Not sure if they did anything special to it though.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney