Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Disney Vacation Club Discuss DVC Members... in the Vacation Planning forums; Cool thanks for the info. We are hoping to go down in earl to mid June so that might just work out....
    jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Cool thanks for the info. We are hoping to go down in earl to mid June so that might just work out.
    Eric

snowhite7 is offline A-Ticket holder
    We are DVC members bought 200 points resale at the end of 2002. Our home resort is OKW and we went last August for the first time (bought sight unseen). We loved it even though hurricane Charlie paid us a visit.

We have also used our points to stay at Disneyland Paris, this is much closer to us, as we live in the UK. Our only regret is that we haven't got more points so we can't go every year!

FanOfDisney1981 is offline A-Ticket holder
    My family and i have been members since 1994, and we have mostly stayed at Old Key West, our 'home'. We have also stayed at Vero Beach, Boardwalk, and a few others, but we keep coming back to OKW. My husband and I are looking into buying a DVC membership at some point, once a few other things get paid off!

FanOfDisney1981 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by snowhite7
    We are DVC members bought 200 points resale at the end of 2002. Our home resort is OKW and we went last August for the first time (bought sight unseen). We loved it even though hurricane Charlie paid us a visit.
    Snowwhite, we must have just crossed paths! We were there up until Charlie hit, we flew out 3 hours before he hit the orlando area. how did the property hold up?

snowhite7 is offline A-Ticket holder
    The OKW resort held up very well. There were quite a few trees blown down, one just outside our room but we didn't really see any damage to buildings. Of course there was a lot of vegetation everywhere including in the pools but everything was cleared up really quickly. Outside of OKW there were a lot of trees down in the wooded areas and the golf courses which stayed closed for a few days. Most of the parks opened again the next day and we didn't see much damage although Ellens World of Energy was closed for a few days because we were told a lot of trees had come down at the rear and caused some damage.

The CMs at OKW and elsewhere were all brilliant. Most of them suffered damage to their homes, cars etc. and they were understaffed for a few days because some CMs just couldn't get into work but they still did everything they could to make sure we had a good time.

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    We have been DVC Members since 1997. My husband and I went up to Disney Vero to celebrate our 10th anniversary (no kids on this trip!). During our stay, there was a major rainstorm, so we finally decided to listen to the DVC spiel. We had wanted to at WDW, but didn't want to give up park time to do it.

Anyway, we were in a position to afford it at that time, so we purchased 210 points at OKW. They were pushing Disney Vero, but we really wanted a home resort at WDW. Besides, Disney Vero is too much like our home since we only live 1 hour south of there.

We have stayed at BWV and Beach Club Villas and we still prefer OKW. I only wish we had a few more points and that we had purchased sooner.

OKW really is like a second home to us. During the hurricanes this year, we found ourselves without power for many days and I finally took the kids and we stayed at OKW for 4 days/3 nights. They were so good about getting us in and we were happy to be there. Hurricanes Frances and Jeanne both came ashore about 3 miles from where we live and our home sustained damage. Going to OKW was not only good because of the fact we had power, but it was great to have an "unreality check" after what we'd been through with the 2 storms.

If you have any questions about DVC or OKW don't hesitate to post.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle

Disney Vcation Club

I just joined the Vacation Club last week. My contract is on the way as we speak. The Saratoga Springs will be ''home'' resort. I am very excited, and wish I did it sooner! If anyine has any advice they'd like to share , that would be great. :mickey:

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    Welcome to DWT, athenna! We have chat nights on this site every Tuesday and Thursday at 9 pm. I hope to see you there, as well as around the board.
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

Thank You so much, Princess Jas!
    I got all of my paperwork in the mail today! I signed all of the legal stuff tonight. I've got to just get it notorized tomorrow at the bank and then I will send it all back to them. I loved reading all of the member info! They sent me an awesome member backpack and a nice picture of the SSR!
    I feel like I am part of something special, like a community, or a family! I am thrilled and so part to be a part of the magic! :mickey: I just had a celebratory drink for myself!

Princess Jas is offline Princess of Agrabah
    I hope you enjoy being a member of DVC and of DWT!
    - Jas (Rebecca)

I got engaged at Epcot on June 17, 2007! We're going back to celebrate my graduation in May 2009!

I just joined the Vacation Club last week. My contract is on the way as we speak. The Saratoga Springs will be ''home'' resort.
    Have you been down to see SSR yet or have you just seen pictures? I just bought more points there and we are staying there for the first time in June.
    Eric

I have seen it in passing. I didn't actually go into the resort, but I was at WDW 2 weeks ago and saw it from the outside many times. I have seen tons of pictures on-line, and I've done some research, so I am confident we'll love it.

We took a brief tour last May. I would definetly reccomend checking it out and the DVC headquarters
    is located inside. It was quite the tour.
    Eric

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    We have been DVC members since 1997. We had wanted to buy into it when it started in 1991, but that was the year we had our first child and we just didn't have the $$.

We wanted to join when we noticed how the resort rates kept increasing. We figured this was the best way to beat inflation because the number of points you use hasn't increased, just the price of the points.

Old Key West is our home resort and it's our favorite. We have also stayed at Vero Beach, Boardwalk and Beach Club. While BW and BC offer more in the way of entertainment and dining options, we still prefer OKW. Vero is great, but it's too much like home (we live 1 hour south of there), plus there maintenance fee is higher than other DVC properties.

We generally use most of our points at WDW every year. We originally started out by doing a few weekend trips per year, but we now stay in a 1 BR for a week in the Summer. There are decent AP rates for the other resorts during the year, so we generally pay for the weekend trips now rather than use the points.
    Lisa

"No capes!"

turtleclanscott is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We just returned from a couple nights at Saratoga Springs and loved it! The property was beautiful, and the room was really nice! We had a great view of Downtown Disney from our back door, and I was surprised there wasn't any noise from Pleasure Island (except fireworks of course.)

I was not disappointed, and look forward to returning again when we can stay longer.
    Turtleclan Scott
    DVC Member Since 2001

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast