Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Disney Vacation Club Discuss DVC Members... in the Vacation Planning forums; Did you have to request a view of downtown disney or did you just get lucky? Also is there a good place to watch the fireworks at the resort? Sorry ...
    jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Did you have to request a view of downtown disney or did you just get lucky? Also is there a good place to watch the fireworks at the resort? Sorry for all the questions but I am going to stay at Saratoga Springs in June. Thanks for all the info.
    Eric

Granny is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Did you have to request a view of downtown disney or did you just get lucky? Also is there a good place to watch the fireworks at the resort? Sorry for all the questions but I am going to stay at Saratoga Springs in June. Thanks for all the info.
    You can request a DTD view, but keep in mind that requests are just requests and may not be met. Just don't want to set up expectations.

Also, SSR has a very nice patio/viewing area specifically for the fireworks. So even if you don't have the view, you can stroll over there.
    Granny (Yep, I really am a guy)

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thanks for the info. Its still a long way away, but I can't wait!
    Eric

snuggie is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I am a dvc member. Toured the property at BWV in 2002 and made my decision at the point. Took a year off from all vacations and bought oct 2003 at SSR.
    Last edited by snuggie; 07-03-2005 at 07:56 PM.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    My family used to be Disney Vacation Club Members. We always stayed at Old Key West. Often in the Grand Villas which are absolutely amazing. It was great when I was a little kid and it gave me PLENTY of room to run around a hotel room. I loved the fact that they were so big. We also stayed at Vero Beach a couple times. I loved Vero Beach even though it wasn't close to disney. However my parents sold their membership for more than they bought it for (which is amazing in timeshares) when they built the house in Celebration. They did consider hanging onto some points just so we could occasionally stay on the grounds however our last stay at Old Key West was very unfortunate and we were not treated with the highest standard of disney care. (Basically we had to switch rooms 4 times on father's day because the dish washer that we had kept flooding the room. So it ruined our fathers day plans and they refused to do anything for us even though we spent fathers day and the next day just moving rooms so we missed two days of our vacation.)

I am happy for the house in Celebration but I do hope that someday they buy just a couple of points back so I CAN stay on disney grounds. Hopefully they will someday. I'd love to get the extra three hours in the parks, but I do remember a lot. We were members for 10 years I believe it was. Up until they stopped giving you free admission into the parks.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

dvcmem1 is offline A-Ticket holder

Since 1994

The wife and I and our youngest son and his wife bought 250 points at Old Key West in 1994. (Back in the days when you got free park tickets until 2000) Two years later my wife and I purchased 150 points at Boardwalk. While on a 7 day western Craibbean cruise in October 2004 (Disney Magic) we made an add-on purchase of 50 points. We are looking forward to bringing the Magic back to the east coast on August 20, 2005. (A 14 day cruise)

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    dvcmem1 Have a great time on the second repositioning cruise!

And welcome to DWT.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Welcome to DWT dvcmem1

I think JamesD aka dzneynut and his lovley wife may be sailing on that same cruise. Enjoy!
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I can't believe I missed this thread!

My husband and I bought into the DVC 2 years ago for our 1st anniversary (Paper= contract to DVC) hahaha. We are at the Beach Club and LOVE IT! We stayed at the Beach Club for our delayed honeymoon earlier in the year and I fell in love with the resort and CM's.

I love being able to take my sister, brother-in-law, & nieces to Disney when they (& we) otherwise wouldn't be able to afford it as often.

The DVC is wonderful!

Beth
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

calif disney is offline A-Ticket holder
    we just became member at SSR....we are going in Aug....and I sure hope that it is all everybody seems to say it is....:mickey:

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle
    Quote Originally Posted by calif disney
    we just became member at SSR....we are going in Aug....and I sure hope that it is all everybody seems to say it is....:mickey:
    Congratulations and Welcome Home!
    You're going to love SSR

robo85045 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    wow, I guess im bolth the youngest member of the forums as well as the longest DVC member.
    My parents joined DVC in 1990, dont know how many points they got, but it was enough to go every year for a while. Our home away from home is Old Key West.
    The hardest task of all is believing in yourself, for who knows all your faults and shortcomings better?

Two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow
    Horns of a steer, what a loveable fellow
    From head to tail, a royal purple pigmant
    and then, WaLaa! you've got a Figmant!

Aspiring to be Cast Member for WDW. See any non-Disney behaviour from me? Point it out!

Govac24 is offline A-Ticket holder
    DH & I have Boardwalk as our home. We've been members since 2000. We have stayed at OKW & loved it and will stay at BWV in October. We can't wait to check it out. However we have used our points to take 2 cruises on DCL's Magic! OH HOW WE LOVE THE MAGIC!!!!!

We took the tour while at WDW for our anniversary & thought it was too good to be true & there had to be a catch. There wasn't so after some figuring thought, we bought 150 points. Randy Cook (our guide) was great & very helpful.

We don't regret the decision.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Welcome to DWT Govac24!

Glad you enjoy your DVC membership. We're also members at the BWV since 2000.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle
    Welcome GOVAC24!
    Glad to hear you love your DVC, I love mine , too!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast