Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Disney Vacation Club Discuss DVC Members... in the Vacation Planning forums; We've owned at Old Key West since 1995, and at Vero since 1998. We usually stay at OKW, but we've also been at BoardWalk (Luna Park view!) and gone to ...
    Mark Goldhaber is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We've owned at Old Key West since 1995, and at Vero since 1998.

We usually stay at OKW, but we've also been at BoardWalk (Luna Park view!) and gone to the Hilton Head Island Resort (very nice). OKW for MouseFest!

DVCDave is offline A-Ticket holder
    We went to WDW for our first trip in 10 years. I do not know what happened to me that trip but I became absolutly obsessed with Disney World. While staying at the Beach Club Villas, my wife and Daughter were napping so I took a wlak on the boardwalk. I did not know what the DVC was until I listened to a CM explain to another couple. I was excited and made an appointment to talk to someone a few days later.

We went to the appointment and I was hooked! My wife knew it too. We had just paid all this money for our trip and as we were walking out she said "we're gonna do it aren't we?" and I said, "oh yeah!!" We bought into the lowest level of the club. 150 points at the Saratoga Springs Resort.

Our first DVC Vacation we stayed at the Beach Club Villas again; we love everything about it. The location, the ambiance, and the activities are terrific.

We took a ride over to the Saratoga Springs Resort, and did not like it as much as the Beach Club (althought the proximity to Downtown Disney is great) so we call the Beach Club our home.

I would like to stay at the Villas at the Wilderness lodge sometime, and maybe even the Board Walk Villas. and when my daughter is a little older we will be going to one of the other 500 locations through out the world. I can't wait to go to Atlantis in the Carribean, Disney just added it again!

The only regret we have is not buying more points right off the bat. Next year we will be adding more points.

Due to some unfortunate problems with our hot water heater and furnace, our next trip is not until October 11th 2006. We will be staying for 12 days and participating in Mickeys Not So Scray Halloween Party for the first time. I hope the Happiest Celebration on earth is still going on.

athenna is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Boston,SSR, AKLV, Will's ship, Balian's castle
    Quote Originally Posted by DVCDave
    We went to WDW for our first trip in 10 years. I do not know what happened to me that trip but I became absolutly obsessed with Disney World. While staying at the Beach Club Villas, my wife and Daughter were napping so I took a wlak on the boardwalk. I did not know what the DVC was until I listened to a CM explain to another couple. I was excited and made an appointment to talk to someone a few days later.

We went to the appointment and I was hooked! My wife knew it too. We had just paid all this money for our trip and as we were walking out she said "we're gonna do it aren't we?" and I said, "oh yeah!!" We bought into the lowest level of the club. 150 points at the Saratoga Springs Resort.

Our first DVC Vacation we stayed at the Beach Club Villas again; we love everything about it. The location, the ambiance, and the activities are terrific.

We took a ride over to the Saratoga Springs Resort, and did not like it as much as the Beach Club (althought the proximity to Downtown Disney is great) so we call the Beach Club our home.

I would like to stay at the Villas at the Wilderness lodge sometime, and maybe even the Board Walk Villas. and when my daughter is a little older we will be going to one of the other 500 locations through out the world. I can't wait to go to Atlantis in the Carribean, Disney just added it again!

The only regret we have is not buying more points right off the bat. Next year we will be adding more points.

Due to some unfortunate problems with our hot water heater and furnace, our next trip is not until October 11th 2006. We will be staying for 12 days and participating in Mickeys Not So Scray Halloween Party for the first time. I hope the Happiest Celebration on earth is still going on.
    Congratulations! Welcome to the Club. I know you will enjoy it. I started out w/150 points at SSR also and added on 50 more in May.

tigger22 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I am a DVC member at Saratoga Springs. We joined in November 2004 with 210 points. We visited Vero Beach earlier this year and our first trip "home" is in December.
    Last edited by tigger22; 10-19-2005 at 09:02 PM.
    Tiffany
    DVC Member since 2004 - Saratoga Springs

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    How exciting! Welcome Home!

We joined (OKW) in January of 2005 and had our first trip "Home" this past June/July.

I can't wait to hear about your trip, please tell us all about it upon your return.

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

spiceycat is offline A-Ticket holder
    joined in 93 - OKW (was called DVC then) - then I added small contract at BWV and VWL. (had one at VB that I sold )

I almost joined in 92 - I wanted to - but I got talked out of it.

In spring of 93 I took my brother and his family plus my mother to WDW. 4 adults 2 children - we stayed at POR (dixie landing then) - and boy it was expensive. I paid for everything.... I was kicking myself on the way home from that trip why didn't I buy DVC.... I came home and DVC had send me a letter explaining that they had upped the price but lower the points - I brought over the phone immediately....

still wished I had kept that first contract....but I do love DVC still!!!!

I can't believe I have been a member for this long- it just seems like yesterday...oh I still feel the same way when I go home - it is just wonderful!!!

Okay I still miss some of the stuff we had then - free tickets, check in over the phone, making PS before the WDW resorts could, etc.... but hey the program is too big now to have all the little stuff it use too.... what you could with less than 10,000 member is hard to do with over 90,000 members.

still one of the best buys I have done for myself and my family... (not to mention friends, coworkers and charities that I donate points too)

haunted mouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    :mickey: We just became DVC members less than a week ago. Our first trip home is less than 8 days, we go down on the 8th. We bought in at Saratoga Spa and Springs. This will be our first time staying here and I am looking forward to a very great time. :mickey:

robo85045 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    some interesting info, the cm who sold us some points recently (we got more! hooray!) told us that the reason they stopped the free tickets was mostly because people thought it was 'too good to be true' and kept looking for the catch in it. He said that, when they stopped the tickets, more people signed up than when they had em
    The hardest task of all is believing in yourself, for who knows all your faults and shortcomings better?

Two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow
    Horns of a steer, what a loveable fellow
    From head to tail, a royal purple pigmant
    and then, WaLaa! you've got a Figmant!

Aspiring to be Cast Member for WDW. See any non-Disney behaviour from me? Point it out!

spiceycat is offline A-Ticket holder
    yes - even the state of AL send me a note - regarding the tickets... they didn't believe it either..

that say - the original time was until 12/31/1999 - and that is the date the free tickets stopped.

they stopped making it part of the package when BWV opened....in 1995.

someone decided that they could sell BWV without the tickets.

You had to stay at OKW to get the free tickets.

ADisneyNut is offline A-Ticket holder
    New DWTer here, and a long-time DVC member!

We bought in '95, after 2 trips to the World - first to Port Orleans (now French Quarter) and then to Wilderness Lodge. We own at Old Key West, and are completely paid off!

I know that between what we've used, and the points we've given away to friends (honeymoons) and given to my step-son for his trips, our DVC has more than paid for itself. We LOVE being DVCers!! Probably the best thing we've done investment-wise.

Glad to have found the DWT, and I'm looking forward to spending time here visiting, doing trivia, and learning more about my favorite place in the World!

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."

15+ trips to WDW
    1995 DVC Membership
    2 trips to DL
    1 DCL 3 nite Wonder

Counting down: 4 night Disney Wonder cruise and 5 night land stay - May 2006!

CaptHook is offline A-Ticket holder
    We joined in 1994. The free park hoppers were great while they lasted. I've done some calculations and figure our $14,000 investment in DVC granted us nearly $10,000 worth of park passes between 1995 and 1999. We stretched our points and crammed in as many trip as we could those years. If I recall, even though they were Park Hoppers, Animal Kingdom was excluded because it did not exist at the time when the free tickets were oart of the deal. Because of this, we did not visit Animal Kingdom until 2000 when we had to buy our tickets...
    CaptHook

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    Our family has been DVC members since 1992. I have to agree with Capt. Hook, the park hoppers were awesome. But another great thing about DVC is that we have it for such a long time, my parents can enjoy it, I can, so will my children, and and even my grandchildren.

Plus, we have used our points to stay at places like the Jefferson in DC, the Plaza in NYC, and the Disneyland Hotel in Cali. We have saved so much money with our membership. There could never be a better timeshare or a better way to experience WDW!
    The Goofy Princess

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    We just booked our very first Vacation Club trip. I'm very excited!!! Plus we're staying at Wilderness Lodge Villas, somewhere I've never even been in all our trips. We did drive by it in April on our annual trip, but that was as close as I've ever gotten. I can't wait. Anybody have any tips on getting around the lodge or things to definitely see?
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

Tink99 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I am a member at the Wilderness Lodge. My parents originally bought into the club I guess it was 2002 as something that they would be able to do with my daughter. We had our first trip in 03 when she was 3. We are going for our 3rd time as a family in Nov 06. I love the WL, but find the villas at OKW much more enjoyable. The rooms are HUGE and everything there is just beautiful. Don't get me wrong the WL is great, but if you have 5 people in a room, the OKW 2 room villas are probably 2 to 3 times larger and cheaper point wise too!

MickeyspalJim is offline Fastpass Holder
    I am thinking of buying into a resort through resale and I had a question about booking your room. If I book a stay at My home resort 11 months in advance, and then book a stay in one of the other resorts that I would like to try out, can I cancel the first one without penalty? Sorry for the long question, just not sure about DVC and trying to find out all the details. Thanks
    11 Pre-DVC Trips to WDW 8-1978 through 12-2006.

Our DVC/Disney Resort trips have been:

Trip #1 (Jan 31-Feb 5-07) SSR. Studio.
    Trip #2 (May 1- 8-07) OKW. Studio.
    Trip #3 (June 26-July 1-07) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #4 (Sept 16-21-07) OKW. 1 & 2 Bdrm.
    Trip #5 (Nov 29-Dec 3-07) AKL.
    Trip #6 (Jan 26-Feb 2-08) AKL. Studio.
    Trip #7 (April 12-18-08) SSR. 1 Bdrm.
    Trip #8 (May 23-27-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 9(May 27-30-08) OKW. Studio.
    Trip # 10(Sept 10-17-08) BWV. Studio
    Trip # 11 (Nov 15-21-08) VWL. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 12 (Dec 19-21-08) SSR. Studio.
    Trip # 13(Feb 1-6-09) SSR. 2 Bdrm.
    Trip # 14(Feb 27-Mar 1-09) AKV Studio
    Trip # 15(Apr 30-May 8-09) ASR Movies-1 nite, PO Riverside- 4 nites, SSR Studio 3 nites
    Trip # 16(July 6th-10th-09)Pop Century
    Trip # 17(Sept 18th-24th-2009)Pop Century
    Trip #18(Oct 10th-16th 2009) ASR Music-1 nite, SSR Treehouses 5 nites
    Trip #19(Jan 20th-26th 2010) OKW-4 nites, Bch Club Studio Villa 2 nites
    Trip #20(Apr 23rd-26th 2010) Caribbean Beach Resort
    Trip #21(June 18th-25th 2010) POR 2 nites, SSR 2bdrm Villa 5 Nites.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast