Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Vacation Club Discuss Christmas - New Years with DVC? in the Vacation Planning forums; If anyone has a DVC membership - Have you ever stayed from Christmas - New Years? If so, how difficult was it to get room? We are looking into the ...
    Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder

Christmas - New Years with DVC?

If anyone has a DVC membership - Have you ever stayed from Christmas - New Years? If so, how difficult was it to get room? We are looking into the future to 2008 from Christmas Day (evening) through New Years. We are hoping to stay at the Beach Club (our home Villas). I am concerned because Christmas falls midweek then and we will need a 2 bedroom, but I love the Beach Club and don't really want to stay anywhere else.

Thanks for your input!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    I'm not a DVC member but I did work at the beach club front desk so I saw a lot of the DVC reservations. We were almost always packed at any time of year, especially Christmas. Since BCV is your home if I were you I would be on the phone as soon as the reservation office opens 11 months ahead of your stay just to try and ensure not having to switch rooms and getting what you want.

spiceycat is offline A-Ticket holder
    I never stay then.

40,000 people at the MK is crowded for me - I would go insane with 125,000 people there....

evidently this time is being more popular. Now the first two weeks of Dec - has always been popular with DVC members. but Christmas to NY was so unpopular that DVC did away with the lottery it use to have for that week.

say there was no demand for it.

since this year seems to be popular for that time - I don't know if they will want to go back in 2008....but I think I agreed with Sara - I would make it on your 11 month time - do it from day one - make your reservations day by day (if necessary - the MS can tell you if it is necessary or not)